Rythmik LVX12 or XTZ 12.17 Edge

Tuhin Lavania

Guys, confused again, this time with the subwoofer topic.
I had almost decided on XTZ 12.17 Edge but then came across Rythmik LVX12 which has got some amazing reviews as well. I have ruled out the SVS PB 2000.
Prices of XTZ and Rythmik are almost the same, so confused as in which one to buy. I plan to go dual, but not soon.
Thank you for the suggestions :)

Xtz edge is more powerful but the rythmik goes much lower as per on paper specs and seems like the better option. What is your room size and is it a dedicated room? And also check if you can get a demo. If you are going to go dual for sure then also consider dual xtz 12.17 or dual 10.17 edge option which will save you some cash as well.

Yeah, its a dedicated room and the size is 18*12..one thing i wanted to ask if dual subs will be overkill and just one is enough ?
No for even and smooth bass response dual is a must and for your room size definitely dual will be the best option. My room is small and just 11*11 and i have had dual bic pl 200-ii, xtz edge 10.17, xtz 12.17 and mixed bic and xtz in a dual set up and it was the best. Go for a dual 12 inch. Either dual Rythmik or dual xtz 12.17.

Yeah, its a dedicated room and the size is 18*12..

You have a dedicated room and with two subs, you can have a great bass in the room..

one thing i wanted to ask if dual subs will be overkill and just one is enough ?

Defnetly not overkill.. From no subwoofer to dual subs, i now have Quad subs in my 14 x 11 room.. Adding more subs have been the best experience IMO..

so confused as in which one to buy. I plan to go dual, but not soon.

Buy any two subs, which you can accommodate in your budget..

Certainly dont want to miss on power lol. Which one would you buy ? The one with higher power or the one which goes lower ?
Rythmik is rated at 400 watts RMS which is more then enough for your room. Do you have dealers in your location where you can audition?. Having used XTZ i can vouch for it as a very good sub but Rythmik have better reach and user reviews. Choice is up to you. Best is you try to audition. I choose the xtz cause i got it for demo at my place. I wanted to buy a sub after testing it in my home. XTZ sounded great and i went for it. The rythmik might be better but didn't get demo

Last edited:
The XTZ Edge wont play below 19hz as the protective mechanism prevents the sub from playing below 19hz.
The XTZ Edge also has port chuffing at high volume for low frequencies.
But, the XTZ has great look, tight bass, Lot of tuning option, Parametric equalizer etc.

I haven't heard the Rythmik, but they are very highly regarded my many.
Don't bother about the amps power rating because different manufacturers use different drivers, which may require different power values to achieve their reference volumes.

Guys, confused again, this time with the subwoofer topic.
I had almost decided on XTZ 12.17 Edge but then came across Rythmik LVX12 which has got some amazing reviews as well. I have ruled out the SVS PB 2000.
Prices of XTZ and Rythmik are almost the same, so confused as in which one to buy. I plan to go dual, but not soon.
Thank you for the suggestions :)

Both sub brands are good and have their respective pros and cons....you will find many videos and content over the internet on how to choose a subwoofer ..what to look for and whether 2 or 1 will suffice....

In most cases.....1 sub is more than enough if you have a dedicated room for HT purpose.....some prefer to have 2 as to enjoy better bass although reviews have shown that more or less the same frequencies are outputted....

One thing to bear in mind is that content which is used for playback is either 2.0 or 5.1 or 7.1 or Atmos etc..... the .1 factor is the Low Frequency which is sent to the subwoofer....offlate most AVRs now sport having Dual Sub out ports and very few models and brands give you the liberty to adjust different frequencies for each sub....

Bottomline, audition where possible, read reviews, gather opinions.....end of the day you will be the final user of the sub....it should suit your ears, budget and expectations....

All the best!

Allright, thanks a ton guys for the feedback. Much appreciated :)
Demoing at my place isnt a option coz i live in a place where all this isnt possible. I live in a town where even fibre internet connection isnt available haha.

And i have read a lot of user reviews regarding both, xtz and rythmik and they both have very positive reviews. So, basically now it comes down to whichever one i get for cheap.

Xtz edge is more powerful but the rythmik goes much lower as per on paper specs and seems like the better option. What is your room size and is it a dedicated room? And also check if you can get a demo. If you are going to go dual for sure then also consider dual xtz 12.17 or dual 10.17 edge option which will save you some cash as well.
[/QUOTE
I have xtz12.17 at 77 k it's worth to update to edge which cost me 30 k ?

Go for Rythimik LVX12 eyes closed,even though being ported it wd play tighter like a sealed one plus it has servo driver and 5yr warranty and goes till 14hz.

Back