Rythmik subwoofers

Hi All,
Below website shows minidsp umik-1 is available for 7999+tax.
https://diyaudiocart.com/kits/DAC-D...ctional-USB-Measurement-Calibrated-Microphone
Is diyaudiocart a reliable seller? Anyone has any prior experience?
DIY is a reliable seller, however, he won't provide any warranty for MiniDSP or UMIK and he has mentioned that in his page too. I have even been to his Online shop directly once to get Umik, MiniDSP 2X4HD and some other accessories as his shop is in Chennai.
He even custom builds speakers with the components that he sells.

No " true " subwoofer produces anything in the mid bass region. Mid bass region is in the main speaker. Subs produce lower bass regions which you typically feel. There are of course smaller subs tweaked to produce " punchy bass " etc. But these usually fall flat when you test them for linearity in the bass regions. They may sound exciting with some movies. But if you test accuracy for instruments that produce low bass, they won't be able to produce the notes clearly separated and detailed without distorting and squashing them.
when people complain about lack of midbass, the culprit is poor placement or integration or improper setting most of the time. I have seen the difference that subwoofers can make when properly set and improperly set. Measurement tools are the key here. You at least need an UMIK-1 or similar calibrated microphone to know where the nulls are and peaks are. Nulls between 40 to 80 hz will result in poor midbass(cheast thump) and instruments such as Kickdrum will feel very weak.
Only with measurement tools can you identify and remove the nulls and peaks. In dual subwoofer setup, I have seen great improvement by just changing the distance of one subwoofer by 1 or 2 feet. Even the phase adjustment contributes a lot in removing the nulls. But all this is possible only with measurement tools.
Moving the subwoofer will also help a lot in improving the sound of the sub, but again you need a measurement tool.
So I strongly recommend that anyone who is willing to spend more than 50k on subwoofers to also purchase a measurement tool because you cannot unleash more than 50% of the subwoofers potential without a measurement mic.

Guys, any recommendations for which subwoofer cable are you using with Rythmik subwoofers?

Where did you procure the SVS isolation sound path feet? Will these fit the F12G model also?
Svs isolation feet from & subwoofer cable from us while using pb2000 bought it ..... it doesn’t fit my fv15hp need to change the bolt m8 to m10 make the isolation feet hole little big to fit m10 bolt

Where did you procure the SVS isolation sound path feet? Will these fit the F12G model also?
The SVS pads come with 3 different sets of screws in each package - M6-20mm (fits Rythmik F12/L12 and many other such subs), M8-20mm and 1/4-20mm (mainly for SVS subs). Even if your sub doesn't accommodate any of these 3 sizes, you can still use the pads as long as you can procure the screws separately on your own.

Guys any recommendations for a good subwoofer cable for Rythmik F12G sub? How would you rate the subwoofer cables based on Belden’s 1694A or 1694F cables? Any experiences there?

when people complain about lack of midbass, the culprit is poor placement or integration or improper setting most of the time. I have seen the difference that subwoofers can make when properly set and improperly set. Measurement tools are the key here. You at least need an UMIK-1 or similar calibrated microphone to know where the nulls are and peaks are. Nulls between 40 to 80 hz will result in poor midbass(cheast thump) and instruments such as Kickdrum will feel very weak.
Only with measurement tools can you identify and remove the nulls and peaks. In dual subwoofer setup, I have seen great improvement by just changing the distance of one subwoofer by 1 or 2 feet. Even the phase adjustment contributes a lot in removing the nulls. But all this is possible only with measurement tools.
Moving the subwoofer will also help a lot in improving the sound of the sub, but again you need a measurement tool.
So I strongly recommend that anyone who is willing to spend more than 50k on subwoofers to also purchase a measurement tool because you cannot unleash more than 50% of the subwoofers potential without a measurement mic.
Agreed Also one more point that many of us set the crossover (say 80hz as recommended by THX ).But in case if u have a null say at 70 to 90 hz region ,then the integration of mains and subs will not be perfect in that case... With measurements these kind of issues can be solved.

Guys any recommendations for a good subwoofer cable for Rythmik F12G sub? How would you rate the subwoofer cables based on Belden’s 1694A or 1694F cables? Any experiences there?
Belden 1694A is a well regarded coaxial cable, typically used as a digital cable. I had the cable running between the digital transport and DAC, and seeing the benefits, i switched to 1694A for RCA analog interconnects too. They sound perfect for my liking. Only concern is that 1694A is a stiff and rigid cable and doesn't bend like normal interconnects.

The very good thing about SVS soundpath isolation is their ability to fit not just the svs models but also most of the subs with or without their pads.
I was about to get the XTZ 12.17 Edge Gloss black or the FVX 12 from Rythmik almost where I checked with the guys who have confirmed the SVS isolation pads fit both the models, But then again got a good deal and jumped the gun on PB4000 that has 6 Slots for pads.

So had to get a pack of 6 and he gave me a very good price along with the sub.
Now coming to their performance... I did noticed a bit cleaner and a deeper bass but not worth the price vs performance considering the atrocious pricing of the electronics items that we have it here compared to US. While saying that I must say if you are really into a very good distortion free bass without treating your room then these are must and you WILL notice a difference.

Some FMs recommend a good foam or isolation pads or Gym Tiles or Thick Carpets and trust me.. some of them do help but not as good as the SVS soundpath. Probably only the ISO acoustic models or Auralex Subdudes are the other options for a very good sound isolation apart from the SVS's own offerings.
780330282818a3713ada3dd07ddb70319b3bb7d652130db8b4e8658d84ba29e44b411956.jpg

835651464b0d08ef39548a117a85c9e0d1ff57d481f12348fed0c654a0a3a387b64713e2.jpg

526031474adadfb6e164e0ce547830b9589cf7fb5be5239ec4f11cbc2216099b9f52f648.jpg

81449615607a17b2da21b0909d8e260968b067b8cfe083d96a63af1a1f98db5d2680e82a.jpg

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back