Rythmik subwoofers

PSA is overpriced compared to svs & Rythmik sub even the price is lower than svs pb3000 & Rythmik fv15hp in US dollar it is on higher side
Svs costs almost twice compared to us pricing so both are overpriced just as most of the brands. It is the same case even for budget sub like bic pl200-ii which costs just 18-20k in us but here mrp of 50k. Rythmik seems fairly priced

Very very difficult choice to make!! when it comes to a very good sub. Because of the damn cost of Subs in India compared to US/UK.
Is the Rythmik FV15HP equals to PB 4000 ! :oops: That statement says a lot considering the price vs performance ratio in our country.

I demoed Rythmiks/SVS and XTZs and TBH, I felt the XTZs are less popular among us. Though it is as good as the Rythmiks.. price to price evenly matched.

I am also hunting for another sub.... Lets see if I get a good deal. :)

Very very difficult choice to make!! when it comes to a very good sub. Because of the damn cost of Subs in India compared to US/UK.
Is the Rythmik FV15HP equals to PB 4000 ! :oops: That statement says a lot considering the price vs performance ratio in our country.

I demoed Rythmiks/SVS and XTZs and TBH, I felt the XTZs are less popular among us. Though it is as good as the Rythmiks.. price to price evenly matched.

I am also hunting for another sub.... Lets see if I get a good deal. :)
I can only comment on FV15HP. Listen to it for a prolonged duration and you will understand why Rythmik is superior to SVS, XTZ or any other brand in the price range. Distortion of FV15HP is very low(I am dare to say almost nill) hence the accuracy. Yes, FV15HP is equivalent of PB4000. But sometimes people like to listen with little bit of distortion. Sound produced by FV15HP is very accurate and it will dig deeper than PB4000.

Umik can be imported..
And 10k isn't a big investment considering the value we get out of it.

However I feel its the job of the seller to integrate the subs.. but extremely few sellers in India are Capable enough or they just bother to sell at competitive price.
Competitive price comes at a cost.
And the cost is the bass sucks most of the times as you will rarely find a room without room modes.

And the buyers don't understand the value of proper integration so they look for sellers giving better discounts ( and just sell the box).

Bass is not about selling a box.. bass is about box ( read Subwoofer) + integration.

Expecting great bass from a good sub without integrating it will lead to the buy-sell -buy cycle because is dissatisfaction.
Hi All,
Below website shows minidsp umik-1 is available for 7999+tax.
https://diyaudiocart.com/kits/DAC-D...ctional-USB-Measurement-Calibrated-Microphone
Is diyaudiocart a reliable seller? Anyone has any prior experience?

I own a rythmik FXV15, what can I say. While you can compare them to an SVS or XTZ but the fact is servo controlled subs are a different beast, they are truly superior. In my HT I run them with Jamo D500 LCR. I am planning to pick L12 to accompany my KEF LS50 Wireless.

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_201152101.jpg
    IMG_20171103_201152101.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200725_180049.jpg
    20200725_180049.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG-20180217-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20180217-WA0036.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 83
This was a critical consideration for me. I have an
SVS, and it woefully lacks the mid bass punch. I finally settled for a Klipsch, which is well known for
its mid bass attack.

No " true " subwoofer produces anything in the mid bass region. Mid bass region is in the main speaker. Subs produce lower bass regions which you typically feel. There are of course smaller subs tweaked to produce " punchy bass " etc. But these usually fall flat when you test them for linearity in the bass regions. They may sound exciting with some movies. But if you test accuracy for instruments that produce low bass, they won't be able to produce the notes clearly separated and detailed without distorting and squashing them.

No " true " subwoofer produces anything in the mid bass region. Mid bass region is in the main speaker. Subs produce lower bass regions which you typically feel. There are of course smaller subs tweaked to produce " punchy bass " etc. But these usually fall flat when you test them for linearity in the bass regions. They may sound exciting with some movies. But if you test accuracy for instruments that produce low bass, they won't be able to produce the notes clearly separated and detailed without distorting and squashing them.

Very true square_wave, totally agree with you. From what I am given to understand that a subwoofer is supposed to produce frequencies in the lower range & infrasonic frequencies. Bass frequencies above that say for eg. from 40 hz upwards, the front's are supposed to produce them. But I guess with small satellites & bookshelf speakers, generally people expect the subwoofer to compensate for that.

Last edited:
But I guess with small satellites & bookshelf speakers, generally people expect the subwoofer to compensate for that.

If one is using satellites, in theory you cannot use a true subwoofer in that system. The satellites will not reach low enough to reach the crossover point smoothly with the sub. So you will land up with a hole in the freq response. This is the case with some small bookshelf speakers also.

However, the market is flooded with subs which does not go low enough but will reach up into the frequency range to reach the roll off frequency of small bookshelf speakers / satellites which pretty much makes such a system sound more like a floor standing speaker but with a lot of spl in the general bass region because the so called sub comes with a volume control. This high spl in the general bass region is sometimes mistaken as bass extension.

If one is using satellites, in theory you cannot use a true subwoofer in that system. The satellites will not reach low enough to reach the crossover point smoothly with the sub. So you will land up with a hole in the freq response. This is the case with some small bookshelf speakers also.

However, the market is flooded with subs which does not go low enough but will reach up into the frequency range to reach the roll off frequency of small bookshelf speakers / satellites which pretty much makes such a system sound more like a floor standing speaker but with a lot of spl in the general bass region because the so called sub comes with a volume control. This high spl in the general bass region is sometimes mistaken as bass extension.

Very true, One has to compromise a lot in small speaker setups.

So you will land up with a hole in the freq response.
This is the most common problem faced in a Bookshelf + small subwoofer combo. I believe subwoofers that have good spl in the low frequencies better blend with a Floorstander or a 3way than a 2way small bookshelf. And when you try to fill the lower mid (70 - 150hz) with the sub's volume control, it simply distorts.

I use MA Radius 45 (120 Hz and up) with REL T9i (30 - 120Hz)
For casual listening and simple 3.1, the combo works
Can't hear any obvious hole in the FR (while yet there is a gaping hole on paper ;))

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Can't hear any obvious hole in the FR (while yet there is a gaping hole on paper ;))

Cheers,
Raghu
Ah, no need to look at the paper if you everything's good. I have had problems with low volume setting, the mains get reasonably loud and the sub just doesn't kick in. A bigger sub driver in a box, that matches the sensitivity of the mains, could be a solution. I'm again unsure about the lower mids. Sometimes I think, a mid-bass coupler, a 4 way design or a 3way/FS + sub.

Cheers,
Raghu

I am sure the sub blends well with the speaker. But do you get detailed bass in the sub-bass region ? 60 hz to 20 hz ? Won't a big floor standing speaker give you similar results ?

While using large subwoofers that play well in the sub-bass region, if you set the subwoofer’s crossover frequency too high it will result in poor integration. The big cone of a subwoofer is specially designed to reproduce low ( sub ) bass. When it is asked to also reproduce upper-bass frequencies, those upper-bass frequencies are less clear and distinct than if they were reproduced by the smaller main speakers.

Apparently, one shouldn't expect a single driver to handle most of the audible frequencies. Each driver has its own potential in one of the regions, and stretching its limits brings its own problems.
I'm wondering how does a full range speaker work? There will be early roll off at both the ends. May be FR owners aren't bothered about that, or they are happy because there's no crossover complications.

The satellites will not reach low enough to reach the crossover point smoothly with the sub. So you will land up with a hole in the freq response. This is the case with some small bookshelf speakers also.

This is exactly the impression I get when I listen to my friends Bose Acoustimass system. The sub does not go low but goes higher to meet the satellites. Still, the hole is not avoided. And no, it does not sound like a floorstander.

This is exactly the impression I get when I listen to my friends Bose Acoustimass system. The sub does not go low but goes higher to meet the satellites. Still, the hole is not avoided. And no, it does not sound like a floorstander.

Actually more than a subwoofer, I would refer to its bass unit as a bass module & yes it does not go low like a proper subwoofer but is tuned at a higher point to meet the cubes.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back