SACD iso-files

rajivaryan1984

Hi, can anyone please suggest if there is a way to play SACD iso-files via USB or Hard disk in HT setup. Some of the devices I already have is

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
USBSignature Player (Allo)
Pioneer BDP-180

Hi, can anyone please suggest if there is a way to play SACD iso-files via USB or Hard disk in HT setup. Some of the devices I already have is

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
Pioneer BDP-180
Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for - Use handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/) to convert the .iso to your file format of choice

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
Pioneer BDP-180

Use jRiver to convert SACD .iso files to .dsd or .dsf
DSF will store meta data too, like album name, image etc.

Then you can move them to USB or Hard Disk

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
Pioneer BDP-180
Foobar plays them directly

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
Pioneer BDP-180
Use ISO2DSD......Convert SACD ISO to dsd files & you can play em through any USB dac which supports DSD files https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

I have more than 300 SACD ripped as iso files.

JRiver plays them perfectly via USB, with album art, track names, album names, artist names etc taken from the metadata embedded in the iso.

JRiver also plays .cue files of regular (red book) CDs.

Both .iso & .cue files cannot be played via DLNA. I use a windows PC to run JRiver.

JRiver is also available for Mac & Linux.

You can download n use a fully functional current version of JRiver, free for 15 days

CXN V2
Marantz SACD 30N
Bluesound Node 2i
Pioneer BDP-180

To answer your question - these devices will not play SACD ISO files directly.

To listen to your ISO files you will need to install JRiver or Foobar on a computer on your network.
Load the ISO files into the Media Library - they will show as regular albums once loaded.
Your devices should be able to then read the files from the media library (using UPnP / DLNA)

Hope this helps.

Nice n concise clarifications, Nikhil.

My knowledge about DLNA & UPnP is below par, but my experience has been that iso (and cue) files do not play properly even from JRiver, via DLNA & UPnP. They play perfectly only via a USB connection between the JRiver computer n DAC.

When playing an iso file via UPnP / DLNA, the entire iso file reads as a single file, and it only plays from the beginning of the 1st track. No tracks of the album are separated.... You can randomly forward within the single (approx 1 hr long ) track to try n locate the actual track u want to listen to ....

No reason for it not to work.
Perhaps we can discuss it offline to avoid taking this discussion OT.

Last edited:
Have you Actually managed to play an iso file (jumping to a track of your choice within the iso) via DLNA ?

There is a discussion here:

Yes. In fact I just checked it this morning after reading your post.
I use JRiver on my Audio Server as well so it is pretty straight forward.
It also works if I stream to my phone using JRemote or Gizmo (but again both JRiver apps).

Like I said, it looks and functions just like any other album in the Media Library.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back