sam9s HTPC Project! powered by XBMC!!

I have been using kodi older version. If i need to update it to latest then do I need to download install fresh or is there any option to update.

I believe there is an option to update, depends on what variant of kodi r u using ....

I installed latest version of KODI after taking back up my previous XBMC library. My observations are as follows.

1. Eventhough automatic updation pop appears while installing KODI, it could not transfer my old library. (ofcourse, pop up also warns about this and suggests to take a copy of library file).
2. I could import my library file in KODI.
3. It has DTS-HD pass through option. Even though it is only showing as PCM in my AVR. Not only DTS-HD, also for DTS/Dolby, AVR is shoing only PCM.
4. KODI could not play Bluray Disc.

3. It has DTS-HD pass through option. Even though it is only showing as PCM in my AVR. Not only DTS-HD, also for DTS/Dolby, AVR is shoing only PCM.
4. KODI could not play Bluray Disc.

My very first 2 Questions .. ::::

Are you using windows based Kodi or linux based openELEC for watching movies.... and on which hardware r u running Kodi (or openELEC)

Ans to this will give a solution to both ur issues. coz the AVR should show DTS-MA and TrueHD. (mine does)

If you are using windows.....

is your GPU capable of HD Audio passthrough? Again in windows audio setings might need to be adjusted to "bitstream" audio. Kodi passthrough enabled?

For openELEC, nothing needs to be done, all you need is your GPU should be able to passthrough HD Audio, and enable passthrough in openELEC settings.

Coming to BD playback....

The reason is simple, you cannot play DRM protected encrypted disks, for that you need AnyDVD HD (windows) running at the background, that would enable Kodi to play the discs.

For linux (i.e openELEC) .. can play unencrypted BR media (where there are no restrictions) but for DRM protected discs (which mostly are) stright out of the box NO. However there are ways, like AnyDVDHD for windows, you need to configure libaacs. This method is however illegitimate, let me tell you that, but yes can be done

Last edited:
well, hardware looks good, for the bitstreaming part, all I can think off is if passthrough is enabled in Kodi settings, plus under Audio you have to select the correct Audio hardware as well, GT440 in your case.
I was also using the exact same hardware, GT440 and C2D, but with openELEC and not windows. Now I have shifted to NUC and gave c2d to my kid.

For BD Playback, the reason you were able to play BDs via powerDVD is because in all probability you are using a full version of powerDVD (licensed or pirate) since power DVD does the same thing that AnyDVDHD does in the background, so while usinf kodi you have to use AnyDVDHD running a the background and then Kodi will be able to play BD Discs.

Last edited:
After some trial and error settings in Audio settings, I could enable to passthrough of Dolby digital True HD and DTS-HD. However, BD playback is yet to be solved. Presently, I have full version of PowerDVD, I could able to play BDs.

As I mentioned use AnyDVDHD, install it configure it and let it run in the background, then pop up the BR, open Kodi and try to play it should be able to.

Kas anyone tried latest Kodi version ?
I see no new post/update in this thread so thought of bumping it up for the latest updates on Kodi..

Back