sam9s Website project!! powered by DS413j

sam9s

Hi All,

Me again :D . I hope, you all are not board by my long and exponentially lengthy project articles ... :D. Nevertheless here I am again with another one.:). A small website I developed using the multimedia and sharing services of Synology NAS DS413j.

INTRO ::

Please remember ::::The objective of this website is not a professional take on providing any high class services. ... I just wanted to showcase how can one use DS413j services to develop a small portal (or website if you may call it) to share your multimedia stuff, with your friends and family. (for me its more so for my family) .......Thats it. Nothing more.

www.sam9sworld.com

21j55wm.jpg

Few things to note before you click on the link.

SSL Certificate ::: I have secured all my pages with SSL Certificate,(HTTPS) but these certificates are to be verified by professional services like Verisign, which takes money. So you will get a Certificate Error something like below .. (for chrome browser, will differ for different browser)

bi74ux.jpg

This is normal ... just click on proceed anyway and the page should load.

Registration :::: In order to use any of the services, (except RADIOSTATION), you have to create an account. Just click on Register, fill in the details and the account should be created. (Its not instantanious, will take an hour or so ... you will be notified by mail)

Once that is done you can use your credentials to start using the services.
Also dont worry the password you will enter is encrypted and I cannot see it.... :). Anyway for security dont use your regular one.

NAVIGATION ::

The website provides simple 3 services, that are hosted on DS413j.

1. AUDIOSTATION
2. PHOTOSTATION
3. FILESTATION
4. RADIOSTATION (This is not running on DS413j. I have a seperate server for this.)

Clicking on any service will launch it in a new window.

AUDIOSTATION :: as the same suggest is the same audio station that I described in my review. Here you can use it to listen to my collection.

Navigate to ......... By_Folder=>Audio_Media=>MP3

Please do not navigate to FLAC, it wont work, as the upload bandwidth is not enough.

PHOTOSTATION :: Is another service by Synology NAS to upload you snaps and if you want share them as well your friends and family. I have a shared a small album of my Switzerland trip, just to give you a feel of the application and the service.

FILESTATION :: Is just a file uploading feature if you wanna upload your own songs and photos on Synology NAS.

RADIOSTATION :: This service is independent of synology, I have a separate server running for this service, this has nothing to do with synology. But I found it interesting to include on my site. As the name says its my own internet radio station running. Clicking on it will open a new page with the player playing the song.

Currently playing ::: Kishore and Asha Songs.

One Last thing :: All these serves can be loaded independently by clicking on the links, however you can also have all these services available under your own DiskStation portal or dashboard running on my DS413j.. This provides more features and flexibility. For example, under your own portal you can have your own "PHOTOSTATION" under which you can create your own albums and upload your photos.

TO CONCLUDE ::::: IMP :::: Just keep this in mind this is an amateurish attempt and is not in any way a professional website. So the experience might/will not be as fluid as it should be. Like for example ......

1. My broadband connection upload is just under 1mbps, so, pages/pics will load slow, specially Photostation, even if you have like 10mbps connection.

2. Though MP3s work perfectly, FLAC wont work. Infact I have no idea what will happen if too many concurrent users, log in to audiostation or anyother service, and start listing to songs .... :D .... it might crash the entire site ....lol :D
... so take the experience with a grain of salt.

3. I have no responsibility of any uploaded song or photo you might upload. Do it just as an experiment.

Last but not the least ::: if you do find somethign not working just let me know and I will see what went wrong ... :D .....

Try to enjoy ...:):)

Regards
Sammy

Just forgot to mention, the NAS is switched off from 2 AM to 7 AM ..... so nothing would work between these timings ....

^^ Thanks .... will give these a shot, though at some point you have to buy to continue ... :)

Friend since I can not update the original post, just wanted to say , sam9sworld.com domain has been expired, not that anyone is using it actually .. :) .....till the time I renew the original domain name, one can use ... sam9s.com.

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
HI All

no-ip.com website is not opening on Airtel broadband,(so DDNS services are not working) (for what ever reasons), due to this sam9s.com will not work and will be down. I have lodged a complain and airtel techs are looking in to this. Till that time the services will be down.

Apologies for the inconvenience..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back