Samson A6 active studio monitor-view

naviworks

After setting up a 5.1 home theater, i was considering entry into computer based stereo music in which samson was also a contender in the research besides Swans,Behringer and M audio.

i almost made up my mind to go for swans, however got a fabulous offer for Samsons in which i got the sealed pack of A6 for rs.16300/- in Chennai

During a brief listening/audition i noticed crystal clear loud sound, enough bass and screeechy&tinny 'more than enough' high end frequency, so thought it was kind of bright, which is ok for me, however with subsequent listening, the screechyness dissappeared...so may be it was that particular song and the source was mp3s from imac...

After getting it home, i connected it with RCA cables and played some flacs through foobar2000, the first thing i noticed was that A6 is a overkill for a normal listening room, the sound was loud even with volume setting 1 (see pic) and was room filling...however the quality of sound was clear even at high volumes with little distortion.

It was a major improvement than what i heard before... i dont know with burn in how much improvement will be there, but for a beginner of audiophile quality stereo, the sound is a bliss...Anyway i thought A5 would have sufficed my requirement and might saved few bucks though...

img1145y.jpg

img1149yp.jpg

img1148mi.jpg

img1147yy.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Would it be possible to get to know where in Chennai did you buy these?

Thank you in advance! :)

Regards
Shan

Congratulations! The Resolv's are going almost on a firesale now. Word is that Samson quality is not what it used to be. Nevertheless the Resolv's are very good speakers. The Rubicon's (now discontinued) were fantastic value! If you would like to tame the speakers, you might have to resort to equalization (digital is preferable to software EQ), ie, only if the trim switches at the back do not help you achieve a likeable sound. All the best!

Congratulations! The Resolv's are going almost on a firesale now. Word is that Samson quality is not what it used to be. Nevertheless the Resolv's are very good speakers. The Rubicon's (now discontinued) were fantastic value! If you would like to tame the speakers, you might have to resort to equalization (digital is preferable to software EQ), ie, only if the trim switches at the back do not help you achieve a likeable sound. All the best!

Welcome back... Happy to see your post after a long time..:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back