Samsung Frame 2021 deal on Samsung app

I totally agree with you on this. We have only 2-3 FALD models and all above 1.5 lacs.
I would love to get an OLED in 1.6 but worried about the longevity as my kids will be watching it .
As long as your kids aren't watching anything with static logos (cable TV channels for example) there won't be any burn in no matter how much you/your kids use it.

All OLED pixels decay with use. Burn-in is caused by uneven decay (say you have a logo of a channel or sports score, or PC taskbar). However, if you use it for TV shows and movies, the decay is even across the panel and hence no burn-in will occur.

This decay has a very long half-life (think 10+ years easy at 5+ hours a day), and even beyond the half-life the panel will be very usable, just less bright.

Just tell your kids not to switch off from the power switch and it won't be a problem. I bought my 65" LG CX oled, a room TV on April first week for 1.92 lakhs. My twin kids who are 11, for the first month started playing PS4 games non stop in the afternoon for hours together. They just switched off the TV through remote and went and in the evenings I watch some movies and documentaries especially those with brilliant display of colours and blacks. Now since they have online classes the TV is less used but due to pixel refreshing, and screensavers in modern OLEDs, there is no sweating about burn ins unless you don't let the pixel refreshing cycles complete by switching off the power source. Even then some say after 2k hours of use, you could manually do it to keep avoid burn ins. But disclaimer: I have also connected my TV to an inverter with batteries back up switch point, so power offs don't bother me. So if you get power cuts, that do not let the pixel refreshing cycle complete, you don't buy OLEDs. On top of it it has a stabilizer and a spike buster surge protector. My experience as a dilettante TV user with a circumspect approach with regards to electrical faults by far trumps the fear of burn ins which modern OLEDs are well equiped to prevent them. Just my opinion.

Dear FMs,
Samsung Frame 2021 is available in 1.17 Lacs on Samsung App. They are offering 4500/- app discount plus 3000 Card discount.
Is this a good deal. Can I get a better offer if I wait for few more weeks till Sep for festival season .

Thanks for your valuable inputs.
There is an underrated Sony model 7400H 65" selling for 99 grands in Amazon. It is VA panel which means better contrast than 8000H 65" IPS which is higher priced but with a lower contrast ratio. I wonder if you might prefer a DLED VA panel with no local dimming (FALDs have some drawbacks too with more blooming light bleeding and haloing effects and believe me, it is sometimes better to have non FALDs DLEDs for budget price like this one rather than spend a huge sum on FALDs and feel it was no big deal for the hefty premiums paid. For the amount paid for a FALD, a few thousands more can get you OLEDs).

There is an underrated Sony model 7400H 65" selling for 99 grands in Amazon. It is VA panel which means better contrast than 8000H 65" IPS which is higher priced but with a lower contrast ratio. I wonder if you might prefer a DLED VA panel with no local dimming (FALDs have some drawbacks too with more blooming light bleeding and haloing effects and believe me, it is sometimes better to have non FALDs DLEDs for budget price like this one rather than spend a huge sum on FALDs and feel it was no big deal for the hefty premiums paid. For the amount paid for a FALD, a few thousands more can get you OLEDs).
Yes it has good contrast ,however brightness is less. It's a 50Hz panel . Also 65 inch model is priced at 99K.

Nothing. They even cheated him with the arc issues and exchanging the board with the one which was removed in the first place. He lost interest in this hobby and quit completely. He even stopped updating the thread and didn't login to the forum to update.Samsung support is garbage and good you didn't have any issues with your existing products. Many may disagree with me but i have enough personal experience to stick on to my point.For MI 75 users feedback check the thread. Most of them are happy with the picture quality
That's poor customer support from Samsung.

Do you think 99k is justified for this panel. X7500 has only 370 nits(in HDR) as per RTINGS so x7400 should have similar .

Do you think 99k is justified for this panel. X7500 has only 370 nits(in HDR) as per RTINGS so x7400 should have similar .
That's Amazon's price. Check with your local store for some good discounts. I would say about 80-82 is okay.

That's poor customer support from Samsung.
Customer Support is pretty bad across the board in India (with few exceptions). The service personals are not up to date and it's next to impossible to get anything done from them. If you hit a bad unit, then it's a mammoth task to get it replaced. In my experience, it's only Apple/Asus who replaces the units, no questions asked within the warranty period.

That's Amazon's price. Check with your local store for some good discounts. I would say about 80-82 is okay.
Yes, that would be a good price. Today I checked reliance digital store and they said x7400 is online and they keep x7500.To get this price I think I may have to try some local stores in place of these super stores.

Dear FMs,
Samsung Frame 2021 is available in 1.17 Lacs on Samsung App. They are offering 4500/- app discount plus 3000 Card discount.
Is this a good deal. Can I get a better offer if I wait for few more weeks till Sep for festival season .

Where can we have demo/audition of this model?

One of my friend is eyeing this model but we are unable to assess its PQ without a proper demo. As per Rtings it is a decent but but nothing beats a self demo

Dear FMs,

I think this is a very good TV for movies/tv and an exeptional TV for next gen console gaming PS5/XBSX
Frame 65 inch was never this cheap even last year frame 2020 65 was 1.29L after discounts
and also given the situation in india all the electronics are hitting sky high
I would say go for it you will not regret

Ok. 10 feet should be fine for 75 inches. I auditioned the 77 Oled at 4-5 inches and still likes it. Sony, Samsung, LG also no assurance that it will last long. Current gen tvs are not like previous gens that last 10-15 years. I have a Sony led which I got in 2015 still going strong and have not faced a single issue so far.
4-5 inches? Surely you can't even see the full screen at that distance.

Customer Support is pretty bad across the board in India (with few exceptions). The service personals are not up to date and it's next to impossible to get anything done from them. If you hit a bad unit, then it's a mammoth task to get it replaced. In my experience, it's only Apple/Asus who replaces the units, no questions asked within the warranty period.

I have a ongoing DOA issue with Asus, they haven't replaced it, they haven't given me my money back. It's been months and they are just delaying it so YMMV. They have only offered used/refurbished replacements which I have refused since I bought it new.

I have a ongoing DOA issue with Asus, they haven't replaced it, they haven't given me my money back. It's been months and they are just delaying it so YMMV. They have only offered used/refurbished replacements which I have refused since I bought it new.
Sorry to hear that... They replaced my router with a brand new one, no question asked.

Edit:- Replacement claim was fulfilled by Rashi Peripherals.

Last edited:
TBH I think with most companies you will find both good and bad experiences. And yeah it's Rashi Peripherals. I have an Asus router that I don't use anymore since I switched to Airtel.

They've currently said that they will hopefully have a resolution by 20th July.

Random bit since this is about Samsung and service, I've generally had good service from Samsung, again YMMV.

Dear FMs,

I got it for 1.1 from samsung shop app

Today was getting a Deal on 55 inch Frame 2021 for 80k, additional 12k off on exchange.
Was a very tempting deal but decided to let go.

20211026_133557.png

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back