Samsung LA40C550J1R - Motherboard Required

petes

Samsung LCD 40" LA40C550J1R

I have been using this TV for more than a decade. Off late, HDMI and USB ports started showing signs of abrupt behavior and finally died one after the other in a matter of 1 month. However, AV ports are fine and have been using since then.

I don't want to discard/exchange this TV because of sentiments. Samsung technician confirmed the fault is with the motherboard and this model is no longer available.

Any dealers around Bangalore who can provide new/used working motherboard or any online links?

I don't recommend going for a universal motherboard as it's totally unreliable. I have seen two universal boards fail within 6 months and it's not worth it.
Check in Ebay or AliExpress /Alibaba for a replacement motherboard. You may find equivalent mother board in the US site. That will be 110V instead of 220V. But Samsung uses same board with a different rated VDR in the US. Everything else will be same and just by replacing the VDR, you can get it working at 220V (haven't tried this yet. My recent discovery studying their board)

I have LN46A550 from 2009 with a failed TCon board and the replacement I got from AliExpress didn't work either. (got refund without tissue). Now that AliExpress doesn't ship to India, I am not able to get the replacement board either.

There is one Malaysian website which has this model, but they wont ship to India. And now AliExpress is expensive. Just waiting for the right motherboard as the panel is awesome.
Any reliable replacement board available in India online/offline?

There is one Malaysian website which has this model, but they wont ship to India. And now AliExpress is expensive. Just waiting for the right motherboard as the panel is awesome.
Any reliable replacement board available in India online/offline?
Very difficult to find unless Samsung provides it. Please write to them and see.
Another option is OLX, where people sell panel damaged TV for parts. If you are lucky you may find one.

Spare focus and Get my spares might have the part you are looking for. I don't know how good those sites are. Check or write to them is the best way

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back