Samsung LCD: Loss of HDMI signal

Santy

As this problem posted elsewhere in this forum did not get any attention, I am copying it to a new thread to find people facing similar problems so that we can sit together and cry.

Googling reveals that there are plenty around the globe sharing this 'known issue' probably without any solution reached. Some of them replaced the TV with other brands, some of them have gone mad and rest have learnt to live with the problem.

Model is LA32B5307PR. Connected to WDTV live through HDMI.

In HDMI connection, there is a intermittent signal loss of
- only video while audio is playing
- both audio and video and there is a message 'Searching for Signals'.

Observed only when 1080p is played and in all 3 HDMI ports. This blackout of signal occurs every 1 to 5 min (but not always) for a very brief moment. Cannot understand the pattern. Sometimes seen just when playback begins. It does not happen in composite video though. The connections are tight and the HDMI cable is of good quality.

There was a solution suggested in a forum, to enter the TV in service menu and turn off hotplug options (may be plug and play). I did that and it appeared to be sorted out initially but the darkness started to haunt me again. I just started enjoying HD media, so obviously this is driving me nuts. :annoyed:

I have placed a complaint with Samsung by email and hope it gets sorted out. If someone can give a working solution, I will thank all their past-present-future posts in this forum. :thumbsup:

As far as searching signal is concerned, try connecting a different HDMI cable from friend or of other device.( No harm in trying sometimes) But if with same cable works with other devices fine, then you may look for WD TV player settings

Another issue which I face may have links to the above problem:

Its about Onida DVDp. This player has heating issues. Previously I had a Haier 29" TV. The heat interferes with the video signal and slowly grains will appear on my CRT. It will keep increasing by time. So I had to open the cover of DVDp for air circulation. The grains will go away.

When the same player is now connected to Samsung LCD (thro'component) the problem is still there, except that instead of grains, the picture will be cut-off. The hotter it becomes, more frequent the blackout is.

It cannot be the case with WDTV -> HDMI -> LCD, as seconds after staring it the above issue in post#1 is observed.

Another issue which I face may have links to the above problem:

Its about Onida DVDp. This player has heating issues. Previously I had a Haier 29" TV. The heat interferes with the video signal and slowly grains will appear on my CRT. It will keep increasing by time. So I had to open the cover of DVDp for air circulation. The grains will go away.

When the same player is now connected to Samsung LCD (thro'component) the problem is still there, except that instead of grains, the picture will be cut-off. The hotter it becomes, more frequent the blackout is.

It cannot be the case with WDTV -> HDMI -> LCD, as seconds after staring it the above issue in post#1 is observed.
this is something new! never came to me when i was handling onida dvd!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

As far as searching signal is concerned, try connecting a different HDMI cable from friend or of other device.( No harm in trying sometimes) But if with same cable works with other devices fine, then you may look for WD TV player settings

Yep, I guessed this will be the first suggestion. Difficult to try but I will. :)

this is something new! never came to me when i was handling onida dvd!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Infact I liked my first Onida DVDp so much that when it stopped working (after ~ 4 years) I bought another Onida. This problem arised just after 2-3 months but I never had the time and memory to take it for service with warranty. :eek:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back