Samsung LED TV brought from USA does not work with VideoCon HD STB with 1080I 50 HZ

raghu.gouda

Hello All,

I read through most of the posts on this forum regarding different ways to make work USA brought Samsung LED TV (NTSC) in India (PAL), and decided to try with HD STB's

I had ordered VideoCon HD STB, technician tried selecting HD Resolution option in settings and changing it to 1080I 50 HZ, but it's not helping, we are seeing below message on Samsung TV as soon we select source as HDMI,

"Mode not supported" - "Resolution not supported"

Any pointers on what could be the issue here and ways to tackle this, the local technician does not have any clues about this. Today I will be trying Dish & Tata Sky HD versions.

Re: Samsung LED TV brought from USA does not work with VideoCon HD STB with 1080I 50

I use Japan purchased TV + Airtel HD
Working fine

Re: Samsung LED TV brought from USA does not work with VideoCon HD STB with 1080I 50

found this while research

When I Connect My TV To My Computer, I Get The Mode Not Supported Message : LCD TV | Samsung

try it...

also found this

That suggestion about changing your cable box to 720p needs modification. The way to do that right is this: first, determine the resolution of your TV's screen, 720p or 1080p. Then go into the cable box's menu and find the setup function that sets the native resolution. If your TV has a 720p display, set it to 720p. If your TV has a 1080p display, set it to 1080i. (There is no 1080p in broadcast television, so 1080i is the correct setting in this case.)

If that doesn't solve the problem, unplug both the TV and the cable box and leave them alone for about a half hour. Plug them back in and allow the cable box to reload its memory, which can take a while--an hour or more on some of them. Then try your TV via the cable box.

Since the TV works okay with other HDMI inputs, it's not the TV. If none of the above steps solves your problem, call the cable company for assistance, as it seems to be their trouble

Hello All,

I read through most of the posts on this forum regarding different ways to make work USA brought Samsung LED TV (NTSC) in India (PAL), and decided to try with HD STB's

I had ordered VideoCon HD STB, technician tried selecting HD Resolution option in settings and changing it to 1080I 50 HZ, but it's not helping, we are seeing below message on Samsung TV as soon we select source as HDMI,

"Mode not supported" - "Resolution not supported"

Any pointers on what could be the issue here and ways to tackle this, the local technician does not have any clues about this. Today I will be trying Dish & Tata Sky HD versions.

Do you have a HD PAL to NTSC converter in the loop between set top box and TV?
You will need one.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back