Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

Hi,
was looking to buy some 40" LED. Suddenly hopped to LG 50" PB6600 and reviews were not so good, but price is a steal. Can't find it in shops in Kolkata.
Can you tell whethere this Samsung Model is still one to go after a year of its launch? The 51F5500? Any drawbacks in todays day or is it still best bang for the buck?
Lastly, what's the best PRICE one can get it for now?
Does it have a 3.5mm headphone out jack?

This year there are not many Plasma models. For 70K 51f500 is excellent in all aspects if you prefer plasma. Many FMs have purchased last year.

guys please confirm whether this is still the best model to go for? or anything else? at this price i mean.

if I prefer plasma?
Reading these forums give me the feeling that everyone should prefer plasma right?
I don't have a lot of direct light in the room I intend to put, so shouldn't it be better than LED? Already have an LED quite satisfied with it. Sony.

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post in hifivision. I am also planning to buy a 46+ inch HD 3D tv.Till now I was just researching on LED tvs but this plasma one seems good for the price. I also intend to see 3D movies - so can the owners of the TV please confirm what is the quality of the 3D in this TV? I mean this TV is of 2013 and I guess 3D technology has evolved since then....Also I have read somewhere this TV does not have the pop out effect while watching TV which is there in the current brand of 3D tvs?
I am in the same dilemma as Pernicious as whether this is one of the best 3D tv in business right now in that price range?

Pernicious,
Dude I am also from Kolkata.....Can you tell me which shop quoted you 70K for this TV?...70K seems to be a good deal....

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post in hifivision. I am also planning to buy a 46+ inch HD 3D tv.Till now I was just researching on LED tvs but this plasma one seems good for the price. I also intend to see 3D movies - so can the owners of the TV please confirm what is the quality of the 3D in this TV? I mean this TV is of 2013 and I guess 3D technology has evolved since then....Also I have read somewhere this TV does not have the pop out effect while watching TV which is there in the current brand of 3D tvs?
I am in the same dilemma as Pernicious as whether this is one of the best 3D tv in business right now in that price range?

Pernicious,
Dude I am also from Kolkata.....Can you tell me which shop quoted you 70K for this TV?...70K seems to be a good deal....

Thanks

dealer is a friend. has prohibited to mention this quote as it risks their dealership.
what quote are you getting?

Hi Guys,

Anyone here? Can you please share your experience with 3D and 2D to 3D conversion of this tv and how it fares with the 2014 LED models? Also is it true that Plasma TVs are non repairable ....so in case of any major issues you just need to throw the TV away?

Please help.

Thanks

Most of the shops in kolkata donot have this model....The lowest quote I am getting is 76 K

Thanks
Even I was searching for same in Delhi. Everyone by default quotes 76k. However after endless calls have managed a quote at 69k. Another issue remains how to identify that it is not a display piece and from fresh stock

Even I was searching for same in Delhi. Everyone by default quotes 76k. However after endless calls have managed a quote at 69k. Another issue remains how to identify that it is not a display piece and from fresh stock
Update. Post my weeks of search and feedback from this forum, that made me make up my mind for plasma f5500, I have been able to crack deal at 67k with assurance that I shall get a sealed package and not a display unit. Hope to unbundle this beauty later in the evening
Thanks to each and every one for the mist valuable discussion. I am fan!

Update. Post my weeks of search and feedback from this forum, that made me make up my mind for plasma f5500, I have been able to crack deal at 67k with assurance that I shall get a sealed package and not a display unit. Hope to unbundle this beauty later in the evening

Hi,
thats quite a shining deal you have got. What did it take? my dealer doesnt go below 70K. Was is like really really? hard? Maybe the dealer had stock and sold a non moving item to you? my dealer will probably order for it so thats why not going below that price. so hows the tv? please give your feedback/comments once its on.

Congratulations netahoy!! It indeed seems like a great deal.....Can you share your experiences please specially about the 3D ....How is the experience of watching 3D in this TV ? Also did you get 2 or 4 active glasses ?

Thanks

Hi,
thats quite a shining deal you have got. What did it take? my dealer doesnt go below 70K. Was is like really really? hard? Maybe the dealer had stock and sold a non moving item to you? my dealer will probably order for it so thats why not going below that price. so hows the tv? please give your feedback/comments once its on.
Thanks maan, can get you the same if needed, in Delhi
Congratulations netahoy!! It indeed seems like a great deal.....Can you share your experiences please specially about the 3D ....How is the experience of watching 3D in this TV ? Also did you get 2 or 4 active glasses ?

Thanks
Thanks armit, the bad part is I have been waiting for the Samsung guy to turn up for installation for last two days. Gave again called the support lines for installation today, not yet heard from the visiting engineer

Can confirm that Info + Menu + Mute + Power combo works for service menu. Mine shows 170 mins as usage after running for few hours.
Glasses are the default two.
Also update the latest firmware 1121, preinstalled was 1117.
Manufacture date is June 2014, meaning this is still very much in production

4176d6219bcfde9f9a50c9e93a85f22b.jpg

Now for initial issue. The sound is worst I have heard anywhere. The speakers are thumping, verbrating at all types of audio. Dunno if this is a problem for which to raise a call tag with support. Any helpers?

Can confirm that Info + Menu + Mute + Power combo works for service menu. Mine shows 170 mins as usage after running for few hours.
Glasses are the default two.
Also update the latest firmware 1121, preinstalled was 1117.
Manufacture date is June 2014, meaning this is still very much in production

4176d6219bcfde9f9a50c9e93a85f22b.jpg

Now for initial issue. The sound is worst I have heard anywhere. The speakers are thumping, verbrating at all types of audio. Dunno if this is a problem for which to raise a call tag with support. Any helpers?

dude really? that bad ha?
Would wait for other users to comment who have this tv. if its so bad, i might reconsider buying it.
netahoy, once again did the dealer easily agree when you told 67K? lot of pressure or normal negotiation?

dude really? that bad ha?
Would wait for other users to comment who have this tv. if its so bad, i might reconsider buying it.
netahoy, once again did the dealer easily agree when you told 67K? lot of pressure or normal negotiation?
Actually, the internal media player is useless, audio extraction from that does not help. However audio from other sources is far better. Someone already posted this awhile back. For a proper setup an external audio is recommended.

Hi Aakash,

Thank you for the update. Congratulations on your purchase. That is a good price with Airtel HD.

We are looking for a similar price. Can you share the name, contact number and location for Sargam Electronics?

As mentioned by an esteemed member, use break in slides and keep settings at minimum for the first 100 - 200 hours. It is recommended to avoid channel logos on screen for long durations, by occasional zooming in and out, if possible. Also make sure its a fresh item from stock and not a demo or a repackaged refurbished product using the code to access service menu and noting he number of hours of use on the panel.

Thank you for the information and lead.

I am looking for one for my sister as well. My only issue is Reflection on screen in a room. Also, room size is just 10 by 12.

We can join up for a deal. What say

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back