Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

Its only triple protect ion which ur getting as diwali offer. So gotta buy warranty as this free warranty does not cover all components

Hi Guys,

Is the samsung warranty reliable? Also does anyone have any experience with the Reliance warranty ResQ ? Their offerings seem to be better than Samsung's? Between the two which one do you suggest is better? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Problem: Since last week the HDMI connection with PC is acting weird. The TV screen keeps blanking every few seconds and it has become impossible to view any content via PC HDMI. I know this is known issue but the frequency is too high.. The same setup was running fine till few weeks back, with few blanks every 15-30 mins. Any suggestions?

Hi Guys,

Is the samsung warranty reliable? Also does anyone have any experience with the Reliance warranty ResQ ? Their offerings seem to be better than Samsung's? Between the two which one do you suggest is better? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Guys,

Need your suggestion on the above.Please help.

Guys,

Need your suggestion on the above.Please help.

Samsung is more relible. Trust me!!

Reliance anyways would contact Samsung in case they need spairs.

Reliance is also known for false commitments & bad pracitices across the industries they operate in. Had it been Croma, I would have still said yes.

Samsung CC has been excellent and have replied to all my communications till date without fail. Even called me 5-6 times in case of an email with just a query.

Hi,

Following this thread for some time now. I am also planning to purchase this Plasma.Please suggest a Home Theater system with ARC enabled (as this model is arc enabled ) under 40 K.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi...
I'm planning to buy samsung plasma 51f5500.. next week..(b4 15 oct 14)
But I want to know about how the users of this TV feels...(good n bad abt the TV)
When I approached multiple showrooms in Bangalore n wen
I start enquiring abt plasma... first question I got from most of shopkeepers were
"Why u going for plasma it's going to b stopped better go with led"
So b4 I jump to conclusion I need u guys to help me to choose between
PLASMA N LED....
I have seen many number of videos n read most of the articles n reviews abt 51F5500 n
I must say I'm very impressed but b4 I decide myself... I need ppl who have experienced n
are expriencing this TV...to tell me whether to buy or not...
I'm waiting for ur valuable suggestions at the earliest...
Thank u in advance
Regards
Karthik

There are many calibration settings are posted here about this tv, Bit I found this is the best ( personally felt better than the cnet settings ) Am posting both the settings here, let me know what the esteemed members of this forum felt the best.
1st the CNET settings,

Pic Mode Movie
Cell Light 20
Contrast 95
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0
Color 49
Tint G48

--Advanced Settings menu
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB ONly Mode Off
Color Space Auto
Gamma 0
Motion Lighting Off [greyed out]

-Picture options menu
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
Black Optimizer Auto

-Picture Size menu
Picture Size Screen Fit

--White Balance submenu
R-Offset 25
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 25
R-Gain 25
G-Gain 25
B-Gain 23

Now My settings what am using.

Picture Settings

Cell - 16
Contrast - 91
Brightness - 43
Sharpness - 15
Color - 50
Tint - G49-R51
Color Tone - Standard
HDMI Black Level - Low
Black Opt - Darkroom
Flesh Tones - -2
Gamma - 0

White Balance

ROff - 21
GOff - 24
BOff - 8
RGain - 45
GGain - 31
BGain - 15

Any additional processing OFF

@carhrithik2000
N4QrWe.jpg

vGSe3k.jpg

As you can see my TV is August 2014 manufactured so its very much in production,sales man also told me the same,they only push you where there commission is high.

Last edited:
I am sure most of the FMs who purchased plasma have faced the same question from sales person. I have faced too.!

Please have a demo and if possible check the similarly priced LEDs side by side.

Hi...
But I want to know about how the users of this TV feels...(good n bad abt the TV)
I start enquiring abt plasma... first question I got from most of shopkeepers were
PLASMA N LED....
I have seen many number of videos n read most of the articles n reviews abt 51F5500 n
I must say I'm very impressed but b4 I decide myself... I need ppl who have experienced n
Thank u in advance
Regards
Karthik

There are many calibration settings are posted here about this tv, Bit I found this is the best ( personally felt better than the cnet settings ) Am posting both the settings here, let me know what the esteemed members of this forum felt the best.
1st the CNET settings,

Pic Mode Movie
Cell Light 20
Contrast 95
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0
Color 49
Tint G48

--Advanced Settings menu
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB ONly Mode Off
Color Space Auto
Gamma 0
Motion Lighting Off [greyed out]

-Picture options menu
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
Black Optimizer Auto

-Picture Size menu
Picture Size Screen Fit

--White Balance submenu
R-Offset 25
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 25
R-Gain 25
G-Gain 25
B-Gain 23

Now My settings what am using.

Picture Settings

Cell - 16
Contrast - 91
Brightness - 43
Sharpness - 15
Color - 50
Tint - G49-R51
Color Tone - Standard
HDMI Black Level - Low
Black Opt - Darkroom
Flesh Tones - -2
Gamma - 0

White Balance

ROff - 21
GOff - 24
BOff - 8
RGain - 45
GGain - 31
BGain - 15

Any additional processing OFF

Any buddy feels got better calibration do let us know.

In my room there is 1 tube light, but never felt that much reflective . Even with brightness, contrast at 40 and cell light 10
Untill u watch tv day time with all windows open this shouldnt be any issue and every buddy use curtns these days.

Issue with 3D glasses

I was one of the earliest buyer of this excellent plasma in May 2013. So far I have been extremely happy with the set. I use it mainly for movies, games and watching news channel. Tried the 3D few times in the early days and was very impressed as well. Recently after a long gap I decided to try the 3D again. However after switching 3D mode on the TV when I tried to switch on the 3D glasses there is some red light blinking on the glasses and nothing happens. First I though battery issues so replaced them with brand new ones; but same results. Now I have 4 separate 3D glasses and face the same problem with all of them. I just can't believe that all 4 of them has gone kaput :mad:. So anybody else ever encountered this kind of issue?

Karthik,

Plasma indeed is a dead technology - there would not be any further development to this in consumer space. But why should that stop you from enjoying what we have now? Plasma still gives the best Picture quality at the same price band, and I have not yet mentioned in a bigger size. The fact that Plasma would stop in near future should be the motivation to get one while you still can. I was never in this dilemma, hence no sales guy was ever able to convince me with their garbage talking - I was very clear in wanting only a plasma. Most showrooms would not have the F5500 Plasma, hence the folks would try to sway you to LED.

There are two ways you can handle this scenario - either take the safe route and buy what everybody is buying - LED, in most cases you would enjoy your TV. Or you decide to be thrilled (at the same price point) by the TV, and choose a Plasma. The choice is yours. I can only tell you that buying a Plasma was a no-brainer for me, and I am absolutely loving it.

Hi...
PLASMA N LED....
Thank u in advance
Regards
Karthik

No dealer in Kolkata has this model. Have to go for something else.
Only plasma alternate is LG Pb6600 :/ Very sad. What to do guys!
Keep looking.. Call vendors and don't limit till your neighboring area.... It us still very much in production..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back