Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

Hi guys...
Thank u so much for making me realize what I wanted....
U guys were awesome n so sweet of u guys for responding very quickly...
Im very happy to say that i have booked samsung 51f5500.. tomorrow
9th is the delivery.... I'M very excited...n very happy
finally I brought it at 67000... with 2 3d glasses., Skype camera., n
airtel connection.....
plz help me with do's n dont's with my new plasma 51f5500

On 25th september 2014 I have purchased my F5500 in kolkata, its very much available.. if u order it u will get it within 2/3 days. As in my case and if u want instantly go to reliance digital axis mall rajarhut.

How much you had to pay for it?
I am also thinking of buying this very model,but they are quoting quite a hefty price in Indore.
Almost all are quoting more than 70k,and that too after quite a long round of negotiation.
Any tips on how to get the lowest possible for any TV ?
I would also like to know about the power consumption figures of f5500.
As a matter of fact people were getting this same model last year at 68k with bd player(as per this thread)in july 2013 and today also I am getting it for 70k.Can anyone tell me why it is so,when it's a very common thing to have depreciation in prices of electronics.
Should I buy this product from local stores or chains like reliance digital or ezone,etc.
Any suggestions or help is more than welcome.

Last edited:
There are many calibration settings are posted here about this tv, Bit I found this is the best ( personally felt better than the cnet settings ) Am posting both the settings here, let me know what the esteemed members of this forum felt the best.
1st the CNET settings,

Pic Mode Movie
Cell Light 20
Contrast 95
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0
Color 49
Tint G48

--Advanced Settings menu
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB ONly Mode Off
Color Space Auto
Gamma 0
Motion Lighting Off [greyed out]

-Picture options menu
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
Black Optimizer Auto

-Picture Size menu
Picture Size Screen Fit

--White Balance submenu
R-Offset 25
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 25
R-Gain 25
G-Gain 25
B-Gain 23

Now My settings what am using.

Picture Settings

Cell - 16
Contrast - 91
Brightness - 43
Sharpness - 15
Color - 50
Tint - G49-R51
Color Tone - Standard
HDMI Black Level - Low
Black Opt - Darkroom
Flesh Tones - -2
Gamma - 0

White Balance

ROff - 21
GOff - 24
BOff - 8
RGain - 45
GGain - 31
BGain - 15

Any additional processing OFF

Another good calibaration

Picture Settings Menu
Picture mode: Movie
Cell Light: 17
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 43
Sharpness: 20
Color: 48
Tint: G49/R51
Picture size
Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast: Off, On for darker content
Black Tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: Defaul settings
Gamma: -1
Motion Lighting: Off
Picture Options
Color Tone: Warm 2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Off
Film Mode: Off
Black Optimizer: Off
Apply Picture Mode: All Sources

Anybody using streaming to TV wireless from laptop, like extended desktop etc..... Any idea how do the same?
P.s. in my experience upnp is not effective

Last edited:
Got this beauty this Monday.. absolutely loving it so far. I come from a 26 incher so you can imagine the awe I feel when looking into this screen.

Hi guys...
airtel connection.....

carhrithik2005,

would you help me out with your purchase invoice/receipt? I have an offer from Reliance to match lower price. They are willing to do this provided I can supply a proof of purchase @ lower price.

Appreciate much..

carhrithik2005,

would you help me out with your purchase invoice/receipt? I have an offer from Reliance to match lower price. They are willing to do this provided I can supply a proof of purchase @ lower price.

Appreciate much..

Hi Aravinthrk,

I have no problem giving u my bill but unfortunately...My bill amount is 76,500/-
Dealer has manipulated and given me the best price...

I have received my delivery yesterday evening...
Waiting very eagerly for executive from Samsung to come and fix the TV 51F5500.
Very excited about the new experience....
We had brought Samsung 21 Inch on 15 Aug 1997
(50th Independence Day, Actually during that period I guess Samsung was new comer)
After a decade I think I have Made the Right Choice to go again with SAMSUNG.
{The OLD 21 Inch TV is STILL WORKING PERFECT////////}
I'M WAITINGGGGGGGG... ;)

*Hi all...
I have a 5 year old creative 4.1 channel surrond sound that has two input cables, one for front and one for rare speakers. both have a stereo 3.5mm jack with I use for my desktop pc.
I want to know how to connect this to Samsung 51f5500...plz help me to get same effect as pc..
thank you in advance
karthik

*Hi all...
I have a 5 year old creative 4.1 channel surrond sound that has two input cables, one for front and one for rare speakers. both have a stereo 3.5mm jack with I use for my desktop pc.
I want to know how to connect this to Samsung 51f5500...plz help me to get same effect as pc..
thank you in advance
karthik
Can't unless you plan to buy some costly optical to 3.5mm jack.....

User Menu Settings
Picture Modes
Picture Mode : Movie
Color Temperature : Warm 2
Aspect Ratio : Screen Fit
Picture Settings
Cell Light : 15
Contrast : 95
Brightness : 46
Sharpness : 0
Color : 50
Tint : G50/R50
Advanced Settings Menu
Dynamic Contrast : Off
Black Tone : Off
Fleshtone : Off
Color Space : Auto
White Balance : Factory Default
10 pt. White Balance : Off
Picture Options
Color Tone : Warm 2
Digital Noise Filter : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction : Off
HDMI Black Level : Factory Default
Film Mode : Auto 1
Black Optimizer : Dark Room

Hi guys...
airtel connection.....

Could you tell me which dealer you bought it from? That's a pretty sweet deal.

So far, I could only manage a 76K minus some amount, which he doesn't want to commit until I am ready to buy + Skype camera, which Samsung themselves are offering I guess.

Want to buy this this week before the Diwali - hoping for any inputs from folks in B'lore on good deals.

Thanks.

So far, I could only manage a 76K minus some amount, which he doesn't want to commit until I am ready to buy + Skype camera, which Samsung themselves are offering I guess.

Want to buy this this week before the Diwali - hoping for any inputs from folks in B'lore on good deals.

Thanks.

Ping - any inputs on this? Want to make the move before Diwali is out - thanks!

okay ordered it at Reliance digital. will get it today i think. regarding break in, i found the slides but still not very clear on the instructions. Do I have to RUN IT for 200 hrs straight before doing/watching anything else? Or I can watch some tv at night for 1-3 hours and then run break in for the rest of the day (want to keep it off at night since it will be in bedroom) and what about contrast cell light etc? Low or High? all in this thread are saying around mid way. Please help!

Also, for audio out, what is the cheapest solution? Can i buy a simple 2 speak under 1K and put that with it? not an audiophile.

okay ordered it at Reliance digital. will get it today i think. regarding break in, i found the slides but still not very clear on the instructions. Do I have to RUN IT for 200 hrs straight before doing/watching anything else? Or I can watch some tv at night for 1-3 hours and then run break in for the rest of the day (want to keep it off at night since it will be in bedroom) and what about contrast cell light etc? Low or High? all in this thread are saying around mid way. Please help!

Also, for audio out, what is the cheapest solution? Can i buy a simple 2 speak under 1K and put that with it? not an audiophile.

Seems like you have lot of confusions regarding Break-in...

Pl go through this thread, you'll get plenty of information. must read before you start using ur tv. Then decide if you feel to follow the instruction given by many there.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/31744-prevent-image-retention-burn.html

Also you can browse this forum, you may get lot of information.

have a query for the owners ...

have anybody tested the optical out ? does it bitream DTS ?
the uk specs shows multi-channel however the indian manual does not have any such info.
can anyone please confirm ? will be mutichannel else downgraded DTS 2.0 ?

*Hi all...
thank you in advance
karthik

Thanks.

Hi carhrithik2005,
I see you're online right now. If you could tell me which store you bought your f5500 from, that would be really helpful.
Thanks!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back