Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

I have already tried to do the same,but nothing seems to be working out.
Have you done this firmware upgrade using a usb stick?
Because on my TV it's not even showing it in software upgrade option

Nice Review! Samsung is good for television, they are updated for technology!

o.png

Hello,
I just went to Samsung outlet,Girias, Reliance, Pai, Adishwar's and Croma and found the prices of 51F5500 between 72500 - 76500 without any freebies.
Can anyone sugest better prices in Bangalore please?
Regards,
K S Vishal

My set has started giving strange problem. After few mins/hrs, the sound gets muffed, as if the bass has stopped working. If I soft restart the TV it is back to normal. I bought mine in Sept 2014

Is this TV still a good choice? I personally prefer natural PQ of Plasmas. I did not like the artificiality in LEDs.

But afraid of the availability of Spare parts and Service. Please give your suggestions.

Also is the 5yr extended warranty worth it?

I have ordered this TV in Reliance digital for 70k. Please help me on Extended warranty guys. They mentioned it is around 7000 for 2 years extended warranty(Parts and Service). Is it the best price? And the Sales guy mentioned there is no option for extended warranty beyond 2 years.

I prefer to get extended warranty for atleast 4 years. Please advice.

I have ordered this TV in Reliance digital for 70k. Please help me on Extended warranty guys. They mentioned it is around 7000 for 2 years extended warranty(Parts and Service). Is it the best price? And the Sales guy mentioned there is no option for extended warranty beyond 2 years.

@ Siva - you may look to further negotiate - sub 70k price. Also warranty for product when it is priced below 70k is 4.5k/2yrs so further reduction in total cost. Am also in the process of closing the same TV in the next 3-4 days - will update in this thread.

Pls call Samsung customer care and take the warranty from Samsung. Reliance digital folks may be talking about the Warranty from Reliance and you need to double check as sales guys mislead.
There was an option of 3yr extended warranty last year and totally it will be 1+3. Not sure now.

Hello,

Iam looking for purchase of the same in Bangalore. Maybe we could do a group purchase so that we all could be benefited with a reduced price.

Regards,
K S Vishal

My set has started giving strange problem. After few mins/hrs, the sound gets muffed, as if the bass has stopped working. If I soft restart the TV it is back to normal. I bought mine in Sept 2014
So had my motherboard replaced for the sound issue.... Kept under observation till next 24 hours. Fingers crossed[emoji120]
BTW, the service Engg mentioned that replacement warranty is only till first week of buying, post that only service warranty. Secondly he suggested that getting an extended warranty would be good option since display panel itself is around 25k and as known more prone to going bust in plasma. Fact 2 - Warranty should only paid in the name of HCL who are the only service providers for Sammy. 3 yrs is around 8.4 plus tax

set on movie mode and set everything to 50% or less for 100 hours or so.

Settings Menu
Pic Mode Movie
Cell Light 16, Contrast 95, Brightness 45, Sharpness 0, Color 49, Tint G48
Advanced Settings menu
Dynamic Contrast Off, Black Tone Off, Flesh Tone 0, RGB ONly Mode Off, Color Space Auto, Gamma 0, Motion Lighting Off [greyed out]
Picture options menu
Color Tone Warm2, Digital Clean View Off, MPEG Noise Filter Off, Black Optimizer Auto
Picture Size menu
Picture Size Zoom
White Balance submenu
R-Offset 25, G-Offset 25, B-Offset 25, R-Gain 25, G-Gain 25, B-Gain 23

1st the CNET settings
Pic Mode Movie
Cell Light 20, Contrast 95, Brightness 45, Sharpness 0, Color 49, Tint G48
Advanced Settings menu
Dynamic Contrast Off, Black Tone Off, Flesh Tone 0, RGB ONly Mode Off, Color Space Auto, Gamma 0, Motion Lighting Off [greyed out]
Picture options menu
Color Tone Warm2, Digital Clean View Off, MPEG Noise Filter Off, Black Optimizer Auto
Picture Size menu
Picture Size Screen Fit
White Balance submenu
R-Offset 25, G-Offset 25, B-Offset 25, R-Gain 25, G-Gain 25, B-Gain 23

Now My settings what am using.
Picture Settings
Cell - 16, Contrast - 91, Brightness - 43, Sharpness - 15, Color - 50, Tint - G49-R51, Color Tone - Standard, HDMI Black Level - Low, Black Opt - Darkroom, Flesh Tones - -2, Gamma - 0
White Balance
ROff - 21, GOff - 24, BOff - 8, RGain - 45, GGain - 31, BGain - 15
Any additional processing OFF

User Menu Settings
Picture Modes
Picture Mode : Movie, Color Temperature : Warm 2, Aspect Ratio : Screen Fit
Picture Settings
Cell Light : 15, Contrast : 95, Brightness : 46, Sharpness : 0, Color : 50, Tint : G50/R50
Advanced Settings Menu
Dynamic Contrast : Off, Black Tone : Off, Fleshtone : Off, Color Space : Auto, White Balance : Factory Default, 10 pt. White Balance : Off
Picture Options
Color Tone : Warm 2, Digital Noise Filter : Off, MPEG Noise Reduction : Off, HDMI Black Level : Factory Default, Film Mode : Auto 1, Black Optimizer : Dark Room

Well totally confused on the settings - can we keep a sticky post for break-in settings and then folks can have a run posts for post break-in calibration they are loving? I'm getting my unit today and want to be cautious for the break-in period.

Well totally confused on the settings - can we keep a sticky post for break-in settings and then folks can have a run posts for post break-in calibration they are loving? I'm getting my unit today and want to be cautious for the break-in period.
Well there ain't any set setting.... But the logic is to keep contrast, brightness, at low till the initial period (Samsung contradicts the need for same for the new gen sets)... But as a caution ..... One could follow the suggested values... I personally use really low values of 10/30/30 celllight/cont/bright. Even after the 200 hr run

Hi guys,

After a long hunt, looking for Panasonics, not finding any, and then demo'ing the Samsung F5500, I have made up my mind to plonk down 70.5k at the Samsung dealer in Bangalore (Rajajinagar). Delivery is one day. I decided to make a money transfer as the sales guy said there would be 1-2% charge on debit/credit cards.

At the billing counter, I noticed the guy handling the system arguing with the sales guy about offering the TV for 70.5k for which the sales guy kept insisting he spoke to his manager and it was a "DP". Matches "Display Piece" or "Demo Piece" perfectly right?!!!

I was very alarmed at this talk and took the sales guy aside and double confirmed if they would deliver a brand new, factory packed item for which he said I can be 100% sure that it was a brand new piece & Samsung dealers don't indulge in such unethical behavior and what not. I still warned him that I was aware of checking the usage on the TVs and if found to be a used piece as per my suspicion, I would have to return the TV.

Now the question is,
1. Is there any way one can 'reset' the TV usage hours to 0 much like they reset the speedometers on vehicles? At least the cosmetic look of the vehicles is an easy giveaway that it's been used, but how do you tell the electronics?

2. Is 70.5k a fair price? Anybody got this for any less in Bangalore?

3. The guy said the TV includes only one 'Smart' remote & no regular remote + 2 3D glasses. Again, is this standard? I've read in some reviews that there were two remotes included in the box--regular, as well as, smart.

Just as I was done making up my mind, a few other variables fell into the mix. Help needed!

Thanks!

I had this in delhi at 67k, and yes it has 1 smart remote only.
On the other hand I am having a hard time to get my TV fixed which is having sound issue. Been after support team for last one month, bit their Engg simple do not back that the problem is there.... Even after seeming the issue and trying to blame the set top box.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back