Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

Hehehaha.
Dp for demo piece,no boss by dp they were saying about either dealer price or distributor price,not the thing you are thinking of.
And yes there is only one smart remote that comes along,no 2 remote thing.
The Tv is totally awesome just go for it.

PHEW!!!! Really???!!! My God, the games our minds play!! Makes perfect sense--except I hope he really meant 'dealer price' DP & not 'demo piece'! That's a relief, Anurag. Thank you!

Guys, any responses to my other queries?! I'm taking the plunge tomorrow. Haven't made the payment transfer yet!

Daiiim! How unfortunate! I went to Adishwar's & they told me they don't stock that since it's not available. I just went to the Samsung Plaza next door & booked the TV for 70! :sad:

Anyway, I just got a call from home that it's been delivered! Waiting to go open my Christmas present! :yahoo:

Thanks Vishal! If only I got a response a couple of days ago, I'd have spent that 3k to buy some 3D glasses!

Anyway, did you notice the manufactured date on the box? What year/month does it say?

Hey Guys,

Happy Republic Day!! Hope everyone's having an awesome long weekend!

Just a quick update--Guy from Samsung came Thursday evening & installed the TV. Yippeee! Checked the SVC menu & usages hours was 0! Phew!! So DP was indeed 'distributor or dealer' price as one of the members mentioned & not what I hallucinated! [sheesh!]

I'll put up some pics soon! Thanks everybody for all your support!

You need a regular Samsung remote for doing this--the trick to do this on the Smart remote has still not been discovered from what I've read in the threads.

With the TV in standby mode, press Info + Menu + Mute + Power in quick succession. After a slight delay, the TV will power up and in about 5 seconds you will see the SVC menu. The 2nd row on the main menu 'Panel Display Time' is where you can see how many hours the TV has been used for.

Cheers!

You need a regular Samsung remote for doing this--the trick to do this on the Smart remote has still not been discovered from what I've read in the threads.

With the TV in standby mode, press Info + Menu + Mute + Power in quick succession. After a slight delay, the TV will power up and in about 5 seconds you will see the SVC menu. The 2nd row on the main menu 'Panel Display Time' is where you can see how many hours the TV has been used for.

Cheers!

Regular Samsung remote?
I dont have that. Where to buy one?

i want to know whether the plasma has crossed 200 hours?

Just died yesterday.. all of a sudden.. It was just 1.5 years old.. Service engineer came and gave the bad news.. some Y circuit (part of the panel) went up in smoke.. It is not available separately, but he will try if some damaged panel has the parts.. else need to go for a new panel (to cost around 30k)... my bad luck:(:confused::eek:

Regular Samsung remote?
I dont have that. Where to buy one?

i want to know whether the plasma has crossed 200 hours?

Well, see if you can borrow a remote from a neighbor or friend. I'm sure there'll be people around where you live who can lend you their remote for a few minutes. If you want to buy a regular remote, I'm sure Samsung Store should be able to help you with that (or SP road if you're in Bangalore). Although you might not have any real use for it if you're already used to the smart remote.

-Jeetu

Thanks.

Panel display hours 105 hours.
So after 200 hours, is it okay to watch a same channel for long time? Even a whole day, is it okay to watch same channel after 200 hours.

My old tvs remote worked to see the svc menu

Thanks.

Panel display hours 105 hours.
So after 200 hours, is it okay to watch a same channel for long time? Even a whole day, is it okay to watch same channel after 200 hours.

My old tvs remote worked to see the svc menu
No. You will get temporary but stubborn image retention on that case.

No. You will get temporary but stubborn image retention on that case.

If i watch a channel for 5 mins, i am getting the temporary IR.
So, When can i watch a channel for long time.

Please advice. I am just watching usb movies. How long should i do that?

If i watch a channel for 5 mins, i am getting the temporary IR.
So, When can i watch a channel for long time.

Please advice. I am just watching usb movies. How long should i do that?
Reduce contrast. That will do the job. USB movies are ok as long as there are no fixed logos in a corner.

But how long should i do that?
sun and vijay tv will be watched for long ime
I have written a detailed article on that. I am still watching with reduced contrast and have grown comfortable with that - reduced contrast, reduced ambient light. It is easier on the eyes also. But fact is that if you continue to watch same channel for hours, IR is inevitable. You should periodically run slides or put TV on tv mode (where snow is seen) to reduce effects of IR.

Looks like i made a mistake by buying plasma my home. If i should not watch a same channel at any stage for long time, then it is no use for me.

I thought the restrictions are only for the first 200 hours.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back