Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

I am getting the 51F5500 for Rs 51,000 and UA48H6400 for Rs 60,000. Please suggest which one should i go for? I already have a Panasonic ST60 plasma and i am very happy with it. I am confused whether to go with Plasma or LED this time.
Hey MR good deal I too would want to try my hand again on this model, could you share more details , I want this in Delhi

Hey MR good deal I too would want to try my hand again on this model, could you share more details , I want this in Delhi

Hi netahoy, this deal was available only to Samsung employees and i being one ordered the plasma. :D

Last week while I was watching a movie suddenly there was a clap sound and sparks from the back of the TV. Samsung service technician told me that it was due some short circuit. When he opened the TV I could see there a blackened capacitor. He said I have to change the complete panel costing was 28000Rs

Last week while I was watching a movie suddenly there was a clap sound and sparks from the back of the TV. Samsung service technician told me that it was due some short circuit. When he opened the TV I could see there a blackened capacitor. He said I have to change the complete panel costing was 28000Rs

I too had the same issue. there was no spark but the sound. The technician came and clicked pics. than i get a call and a quote of 30000 to change the panel. Rather i change my TV if i have to pay that much. anyone found any solution yet.

I too had the same issue. there was no spark but the sound. The technician came and clicked pics. than i get a call and a quote of 30000 to change the panel. Rather i change my TV if i have to pay that much. anyone found any solution yet.
Now Samsung techician told me that he cannot provide the Panel as his system is showing part available date indefinite. He said me to wait for 15 days otherwise Samsung will cut 17% for every year from the date of purchase and return the balance money.

I called the tech guy separately and asked him about the issues. He then told me that the issue was not the panel but since its company, they change the entire thing and not replaces one part at a time.
I simply called local tv repair guys and asked them about the repair of the tv and charges. After inspecting he said that the white board is gone and to replace that it would cost around 10000, including their service charges.
I have given it to them and now waiting for 3-4 days to get the tv back repaired. therefore do not always go by what the samsung service centre tells you. try to form the rapo with the guy who had come to get the inspection done and get your way around through him.

As a policy Samsung or any other OEM would always replace the parts and not fix/repair. BTW as I have seen my TV 5-6 times from inside, it only has three replaceable parts, viz motherboard, power supply and the display panel. That is it.

My plasma also stop working just after the warranty expired.
First visit by samsung technician announced panel and power supply change without even touching or inspecting the TV. Forced him to open it up and see what is the exact issue.
He confirmed its the panel which is gone for sure and may require change of supply board and would cost ~27.5K + ~7.5K for replacement.

I asked for the supply replacement which they replaced reluctantly but TV was no go. Now they have replaced the panel only no power supply and it worked.

The first panel they got me had horizontal line issue which they replaced again.
Learned lesson:
- Always go for extended warranty.
- The 2 year warranty came with TV was only including the power supply for 2nd year.
- Now 1 yr warranty is only on replaced panel and can't be extended, no policy to provide extended warranty once the original warranty period is over!

Now going for insurance specifically "Electronics Equipment Policy" for the whole house, offered by many insurance companies which is much cheaper than individaully going for extended warranty/AMC for each product.

Thanks

My Samsung TV remote's scroll is not working.. Any idea if we can get an aftermarket one.

cb87b53422c2ab97ad17e529d696615f.jpg

Hello,
I bought this TV and was very happy with the performance but now the panel is broken in an accident and its unavailable. Its out of warranty and under 2years old. Everything is working fine except the screen. So if anyone have this tv in non-working condition can contact me. Either I will give my tv in or he could give his. We can make arrangements as per convenience. Or if anyone can suggest any other solution. Thank you

guys,

I just setup a sound bar (ARC) for my Plasma 5500.
Installed the soundbar and connected the STB to HDMI IN of the Soundbar.
Plugged in another HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC port of Soundbar to the HDMI ARC port of the TV.
**Note - Make sure that the HDMI cable is 1.4 version and above for ARC compatibility.

Change TV source to HDMI 2 and there you go; :clapping:

Enabled AnyNet and TV remote works for volume control of Sound bar... Youtube streaming audio is now via Soundbar... Nice :)

My 2014 sane TV also has problem. It stopped working after there was some 'fut' sound while it was on. Now technician says Board and Panel both gone. Replacement cost 40k and warranty on replaced parts shall be 1 year.
If only Board is replaced then it will also go bust unless panel is replaced.
Has anybody done it outside repair shop successfully?
I am confused what to do because now I do not have faith in this piece.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

My 2014 sane TV also has problem. It stopped working after there was some 'fut' sound while it was on. Now technician says Board and Panel both gone. Replacement cost 40k and warranty on replaced parts shall be 1 year.
If only Board is replaced then it will also go bust unless panel is replaced.
Has anybody done it outside repair shop successfully?
I am confused what to do because now I do not have faith in this piece.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Better buy a new TV, at that price you can get any new model also get warranty and have piece of mind.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back