Samsung plasma "shocker of a price"!!!!

Okay all you , I spoke to Vaibhav, here is the deal for HiFiVisioners

50 inches - 50c6500 - 67500 on cash/chq & 69000 for credit card

ebay price is 72990 so its around 5490 rs less

1. Delivery free in blr, chn, vizag, & hyd, gurgaon and delhi
2. Vizag and Blr members have to pay via cheq or bnk transfer as they dont have showroom there but they will deliver in these places (i think they have shared warehouse space there)
3. This is only for HFV Members pls do not quyote ebay etc for this
4. This is only available if you call Vaibhav directly and mention HFV member. Dont call their shop or anything, no one will know about it
5. Call Vaibhav btw 10 to 6 pm at 0-9840480822 (chn mobile)
6. Price is same if you buy 1 or 5 TVs as this is their best price. However, if you are buying 5 or above you can try negotiating with him. I tried and he didnt respond very positive.

NOTE: As always, I do this purely for HFV and I in no way benefit from this. Even last year when Vaibhav offered some discounts to me, have told him clearly give best services for my forum guys that the best discount you can do for me.

Will there be Delivery charges for Mumbai or is it free ?
Thanks in advance:)

After more than a month and a half of usage i am starting to notice that this tv apart from its black level and retention compared to v20 has better color,details,less noise,better SD and so it is just an amazing value for the price at which vibhav is offering this.VT20,25 might be better but i am not sure since i don't have them and have also not seen them in the showrooms.

Saw the GT20 in Panasonic show room yesterday and i must admit it was the first time i ever actually liked 3d in a flat panel tv.

You mean Except for black level and retention? Or does it beat the V20 in all aspects?

I too liked the 3D on the Panasonic - was completely bowled over with a demo. It was like becoming a child once again in a fantasy world. :clapping:

Cheers

You mean Except for black level and retention? Or does it beat the V20 in all aspects?

I too liked the 3D on the Panasonic - was completely bowled over with a demo. It was like becoming a child once again in a fantasy world. :clapping:

Cheers

You demo'ed the GT version ? or VT version ? what price were you quoted ?

You mean Except for black level and retention?

Yes thats what i meant.

Not sure about the vt20 and vt25 but i find the v20 having a bit more noise than Samsung and the color that Samsung produces has this "POP" which is fantastic and really pleasing to look at.

you cant go wrong with either of these tv's .

Yes thats what i meant.

Not sure about the vt20 and vt25 but i find the v20 having a bit more noise than Samsung and the color that Samsung produces has this "POP" which is fantastic and really pleasing to look at.

you cant go wrong with either of these tv's .

So for SD viewing should I go for V20 or C6500? I want Doordarshan to look good on my TV since that is the only channel set I will be watching besides the nature ones. But the 7K I save on v20 I can use for a new TV stand ...

Is there a 42" version for lesser price in this deal?

Cheers

^ SD on the 6500 is very good but bit soft which in an advantage for bad broadcast quality as it wont look pixelated.

Also this deal for 6500 is just fantastic value for money. The deal is only for 50" as 42 inches is not available in 6500,7000,8000 series anywhere in the world.

This deal for the 6500 is inclusive of the Samsung slim mount which itself is very expensive, you can use that to wall mount the tv.

Even if you buy the v20 get the 50" and that will cost u 30k extra which will get you better black levels and less retention.

You wont regret getting the bigger size cause now 50" looks normal to me and i am thinking of getting a 60" plasma by this year.

^ SD on the 6500 is very good but bit soft which in an advantage for bad broadcast quality as it wont look pixelated.

Also this deal for 6500 is just fantastic value for money. The deal is only for 50" as 42 inches is not available in 6500,7000,8000 series anywhere in the world.

This deal for the 6500 is inclusive of the Samsung slim mount which itself is very expensive, you can use that to wall mount the tv.

Even if you buy the v20 get the 50" and that will cost u 30k extra which will get you better black levels and less retention.

You wont regret getting the bigger size cause now 50" looks normal to me and i am thinking of getting a 60" plasma by this year.

Are you saying IR and Blacks are better in 50" tvs ? I am confused.

Are you saying IR and Blacks are better in 50" tvs ? I am confused.

Compared to the 50" C6500 50" V20 has better blacks and less image retention.

C6500 does not have 42" and ive really have not observed a 42" v20 that much so cant comment on that.

My point was the difference between these two models and i did not say 50" has better blacks and image retention.

Hope that was clear.

Last edited:
Compared to the 50" C6500 50" V20 has better blacks and less image retention.

C6500 does not have 42" and ive really have not observed a 42" v20 that much so cant comment on that.

My point was the difference between these two models and i did not say 50" has better blacks and image retention.

Hope that was clear.

Clear Clear ,but 50 is too big of tv you need a large room.

Kittu,
Viewing distance in general is 1.5 times the size of the screen... This TV gives a good picture quality and viewing pleasure at a seating place of 7to 8 feet min.

Please see our few forum members HT rooms and they have 100" to 120" screens max viewing dist is 14 feet... So this is good.

Kittu,
Viewing distance in general is 1.5 times the size of the screen... This TV gives a good picture quality and viewing pleasure at a seating place of 7to 8 feet min.

Please see our few forum members HT rooms and they have 100" to 120" screens max viewing dist is 14 feet... So this is good.

I agree when you are watching TV it may be good but its a huge thing distraction to the eye in smaller rooms when turned off...

I like my room to be spacious... :rolleyes: .... but mostly things are better when they watched bigger :lol:.

If my refund kicks in fast from the old 50C550 I might even go for this.. Samsung is delaying it.

me too!! I think there is nothing wrong abt watching a large screen from lesser distance. The rule is actually the reverse IMHO. To watch something from a distance of X ft, it should be AT LEAST Y inches.

I am watching my 50" from 6 feet distance and i am thinking i should have gotten a 60" :)

You demo'ed the GT version ? or VT version ? what price were you quoted ?

Kittu
Frankly I don't know because I was there by chance with a friend and he wanted to show me what a 3D TV looked like. It was a huge TV costing almost 2 lacs or more I think.

HTH

Thanks, I am already awed by 42 inches and will be over-awed by 50 I think especially since I haven't watched TV in almost a decade :)

I saw the demo of the slim mount it was cool. I hope the V20 has something similar. :)

Besides absolute cost is also a factor here. If I can be happy with 42", I don't want to spend extra 7K.

-G

Panny 50V20D is 86k in my hometown :sad: how to transport any idea howmuch courier will cost with insurance ? The iv shld always be transported upright I guess... Give some ideas please... The price is irresistable.

Panny 50V20D is 86k in my hometown

Where is this? and who is the dealer?

I hope the V20 has something similar. :)

If I can be happy with 42", I don't want to spend extra 7K.

V20 does not have a slim mount it has a normal mount as the tv itself is not slim.

Trust me u will be very happy if you get the 50" and for the price which the 6500 is offered in this deal it just unbeatable.

Even if both the v20 and C6500 are similarly priced i think they have their own advantage and disadvantage so it is something of a personal choice,Good that i bought both.

Get the 50" either v20 or C6500 or even the LG pk950 if it is available.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back