Samsung plasma "shocker of a price"!!!!

got my tv today :)

initial impressions are amazing, 50 inch is big for a normal sized hall :)

SD content is better than expected.

I hear slight buzz only when i make volume 0 and put my ear behind the TV :)
so really not a issue.

The Picture quality when i watched 300 and dark night bluray is awesome.

very happy and personally thanked Vaibhav over phone.

is anyone here from bangalore?who owns this TV?

Samsung service is not agreeing to put ultra slim wall mount

They keep pestering me, that normal wall mount is what they have instructions for
and ultra slim cannot be installed.

Please help me on how to handle these guys :-(

can someone here from bangalore who has mounted ultra slim mount, respond to me

The samsung guys from BTM bangalore are saying, if i can give the name of the person and area in bangalore, where samsung has installed slim mount.

They can refer to that case and mount the same to me.

will really appreciate, if someone can share the details.

Thanks again in advance.

^ its not city specific.

If they say other wise then the guy who spoke to you is a fool. Ask him to fit the normal mount and when he tries he wont be able to fit the normal mount in this tv as it can take only the slim mount.

Also have a word with vibhav and he will help you out.

ask Samsung to read the Samsung tv's specs in their webpage.

it reads:

Ultra Slim Wall Mount Support : Yes

Image quality that exceeds beyond reality - PS50C6500 - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

I have 3 of this tv and all are fitted with slim mount.

i explained all this, but still guy is behaving like a fool :)
(he doesn't even listen to me, he says the instructions he has from samsung is normal mount. the online specs in web are for US models and not valid in India :) )

i escalated to samsung and also asked vaibhav to escalate as well.

i was under impression that, he is pushing for normal mount, as it will be cheap.

can you explain why normal mount doesnt fit this model? as this model supports VESA as per specs and the normal mounts are VESA compatible, if i am not mistaken?

i can talk and convince the samsung guy, with you explanation :)

i dont want him to make drill in my wall with normal mount and then remove it and screw up my wall.

can you explain why normal mount doesnt fit this model? as this model supports VESA as per specs and the normal mounts are VESA compatible, if i am not mistaken?

when i fixed the first tv the Samsung guy bought in the normal mount, I told him its written slim tv so i want slim mount but he did not agree and tried the normal mount and was not able to fit it(not sure if that normal mount was vesa compatible).Then he bought the slim mount and it fit properly.

Slim mounts mrp is Rs 10000 and hence all this hesitation.

Samsung guys have today started installing slim mounts to folks in bangalore :)

Thanks again to Vaibhav for making this happen, i also thanked him personally.

Guys,

Want to check something about the wall mount.

Today, the samsung guy came and attached the wall mount. I was not at home, but my wife was there.

I already had a Samsung 50B450 plasma TV. The mount he brought along for the 50C6500 is identical to what was already there for the 50C450.

He has fixed the TV to the wall, but I have my doubts whether it is the right mount.

Causes for concern :

1. The TV seems jammed into place. Impossible to lift it out now. With the 50B450 it was not very difficult to lift it out from the wall mount.

2. The pictures for the slim wall mount (on the Samsung US site) are completely different.

Does anyone have a link to the picture of the Indian slim wall mount ? Or can you upload a pic ? Do you guys think the samsung guy has just jammed the TV onto the wrong mount ?

Anxiously awaiting responses...

I already had a Samsung 50B450 plasma TV. The mount he brought along for the 50C6500 is identical to what was already there for the 50C450.

Then it is not the slim mount so call Samsung and ask them to fix the slim mount and yell at them for using the wrong mount.

I hope the wrong mount doesn't spoil the TV, in another thread a person in Bangalore with similar mount is seeing cracks on TV, may or may not be related to mount

But better to check

Act ASAP and take them to task, do escalate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tks guys for the quick replies.

Going to call him tomm and bite his head off.
Will call Vaibhav also to see if he can help.

I do hope the TV has not been damaged.

Will keep you'll posted.

An update.

I spoke to the technician again who kept insisting that it is the right mount. Calleed the service centre and they gave me the number of someone more senior. Spoke to him, and he acknowledged the error and promised to get it fixed.

Took 2 days, but finally a technician came and changed the wall mount to the slim wall mount. So all ok now.

Great News for LCD lovers

Samsung 46C650 LCD TV is now available at 66K. Contact Vaibhav JD Electronics (+91 9840480822).

Can someone create a new thread for this, as this is a Shocker Price for Samsung LCD TV (not plasma). Thanks in Advance.

Important:
As informed by our Hifivision member "Reds4ever" this model has CMO panels (CN03). He spoke to Vaibhav on this. All the units are with CMO panels (CN03). As usually, vendors will try to hide such details from buyers but Vaibhav was very courteous and forthcoming.

Last edited:
Great News for LCD lovers

Samsung 46C650 LCD TV is now available at 66K. Contact Vaibhav JD Electronics (+91 9840480822).

Can someone create a new thread for this, as this is a Shocker Price for Samsung LCD TV (not plasma). Thanks in Advance.

I have created new Thread. Please follow there.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/16354-samsung-46c650-lcd-shocker-price.html#post225206

Important:

As informed by our Hifivision member "Reds4ever" this model has CMO panels (CN03). He spoke to Vaibhav on this. All the units are with CMO panels (CN03). As usually, vendors will try to hide such details from buyers but Vaibhav was very courteous and forthcoming.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back