Samsung Q990B soundbar

Managed to close the deal at ₹69.7k (after cashback) from Reliance digital here in Vadodara (Gujarat). Thanks to @aura_fied_10 as his inputs helped to gauge what could be the best deal. In my palce Croma weren't going below 77k. Delivery might take another week as they have no unit in stock. Any checklist as in TVs to look specially for to ensure the unit is packed new unit and not a demo one or lemon. From earlier messages I understand that unit manufactured after August don't suffer from satellite disconnection.

Got the soundbar finally. Got it from Reliance Digital Nexus Shantiniketan (formerly Forum Shantiniketan). I asked them to match the Croma Delhi deal. They accepted. Got it for 71640.

You will need to go for atleast 3 months EMI.

They had around 5 units available before I bought. They will deliver from the warehouse. So I think that count is for complete Karnataka region.

Special thanks to @SmoothSloth for all the help he provided.

Got the soundbar finally. Got it from Reliance Digital Nexus Shantiniketan (formerly Forum Shantiniketan). I asked them to match the Croma Delhi deal. They accepted. Got it for 71640.

You will need to go for atleast 3 months EMI.

They had around 5 units available before I bought. They will deliver from the warehouse. So I think that count is for complete Karnataka region.

Special thanks to @SmoothSloth for all the help he provided.
This is a good deal. In Chennai both reliance and croma guys are not offering below 79.5k. I only had second thought for q990b is it doesnt have USB playback (to play MP3 files) and no Aux in.

This is a good deal. In Chennai both reliance and croma guys are not offering below 79.5k. I only had second thought for q990b is it doesnt have USB playback (to play MP3 files) and no Aux in.
Tell Reliance Digital that croma is offering it for 71k and ask them to match it, if that works. Else if you want I can message the Reliance Digital person phone number and you can talk to him if they can send it to Chennai.

Tell Reliance Digital that croma is offering it for 71k and ask them to match it, if that works. Else if you want I can message the Reliance Digital person phone number and you can talk to him if they can send it to Chennai.
Yes. I did the same and they said they will revert.

Meanwhile i have second thoughts as this device not having AUX in and USB pendrive playback. What brand and model do you suggest with both this option included. Sony have (ht-a7000+sw5) but very costly to buy.

Got delivery of my soundbar today. Got august manufactured unit. But one thing that is getting me paranoid and doubtful of it being open box/demo piece unit is that there is double layer of tape applied on the box. The inner tape seal is already broken on which another tape has been applied over it. Can fellow members share their experience if this was also the case with their package and if not should I go ahead with getting replacement. Attaching images of multiple seal tape

Attachments

• P_20221209_131717.jpg
    P_20221209_131717.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P_20221209_131653.jpg
    P_20221209_131653.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 42
Got delivery of my soundbar today. Got august manufactured unit. But one thing that is getting me paranoid and doubtful of it being open box/demo piece unit is that there is double layer of tape applied on the box. The inner tape seal is already broken on which another tape has been applied over it. Can fellow members share their experience if this was also the case with their package and if not should I go ahead with getting replacement. Attaching images of multiple seal tape
In my case there was a single tape. Check if there's any visible wear and tear.

Also where is the manufacturing date mentioned?

Yeah.. was randomly calling different croma stores before Diwali and luckily bumped into this guy.no disconnections so far but the active voice amplifier doesn't function.. I don't know .. it don't change anything... Does anyone have any clues how to make it work?
U r from which state ?? If bangalore, can u share contact of store from which u made the purchase ?

I have an offer of 73k in bangalore.. let me knw if anyone else looking to buy in bangalore. We can pool together and try for better offer

With the prices of receiver going through the roof... my plans of upgrade to atmos might either need to be put on hold or either looking at this for a toned down version.
Anyone who has moved from a Receiver and speaker setup to this can post their thoughts!!!

Yes. I did the same and they said they will revert.

Meanwhile i have second thoughts as this device not having AUX in and USB pendrive playback. What brand and model do you suggest with both this option included. Sony have (ht-a7000+sw5) but very costly to buy.

When playing Dolby Atmos games on an XBOX Series X connected to the Samsung Q990B soundbar, it worked flawlessly. Check the i- information button on the remote for further information.

the sound effect is WOW

However, if you play a movie from Netflix or Prime that supports Atmos, it displays as Multi Ch PCM.

Atmos Enabled Games:
Forza 5
COD MW II
Halo Infinite

I have purchased this from reliance digital jaipur they gave it for 85k i have purchased on emi and mine unit was manufactured in April 2022.i have purchased in December 24.reading so many comments I have made a loss on this given extra 15k.others have buyed this in 71k.is there something I can do.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back