Samsung vs LG (3d LED 40"-42")

JSL Singh

Hey guys, i know there must be alot of questions asked about the same topic but cudnt find a post on 2013 models.. Am having a hard time selecting the right TV with high Motion Rate.. i hate 3d, tho smart is an okay thingie wid me, with wifi but as learnt, TVs with 3d come with a high MOTION Rate as compared to others, so i guess will have to buy one wid it..
Anyways.. i have shortlisted these models..

Samsung - 40" F6400 - INR 77,500 (ACTIVE 3d)
LG - 42 LA6200 - INR 75,000 (PASSIVE 3d)

I confirmed the rates of Samsung f6400 in the grey market too (ghaffar) which is around 47,000.. (Not sure if i shud buy it from there as the 0% finance thingie is also available on alot of outlets!), LG is not available there..

The main points of "WHICH ONE IS BETTER" wud depend on..

- Video Quality
- Sound Quality
- Panel (LG has an IPS panel, Samsung doesnt):
- 3d Quality (Passive vs Active)
- Reliablity
- After Sales GUARANTEE & Service (the MAIN MAIN THINGIE)

PS : pls recommend if you know a better model or company that i should look at.. also if anybody can help me find a model without 3d with HIGH MOTION RATE (hz) would be awesome else will have to spend these extra monies!!!!!
- also i have learnt theres alot of issues with Samsung's LED panel? LG's IPS panel seems more reliable? anyone has to say anything about it?????????

----------------------------------------------
PLEASE HELP ME, NEED TO BUY ONE TODAY!

HI,
Singh saheb any time LG 3d led is best . I am using lg 6690 ,better than samsung ,passive 3d is really good ,no headache and ips panel is good .

thx for the reply Mr Sachin.. A Quick one.. is (your) LG 6690 somewhere on the same boat as LA6200?? coz i think its been discontinued!.. Talkin about same.. i mean the features etc. Like MOTION (hz)??

motion hz will come will only into picture for high moving scenes .its required for sports channel or sometimes action scenes . any how 6200 is good choice. c this link also
LG

For 3d , passive is any time better ,as it is easy on eyes...for pq, sony is no 1 to me... Lg is value for money, like u get a good pq after u calibrate ur tv, I have 47lm6200 which I got for 76 with two yrs extended warranty...and I m extremely happy with it.
I always felt samsung is a good mix of both, somewhere in between in pq... And to be frank, all theses brands including pana and toshiba are 19_20 (comparable) in terms of pq... To my understanding whoever says x is th best and y is worst for above listed brands is being too envy or infavour of certain brands or is too picky and sensitive to marginal diff in pq...
I breif, my recommendation, sony 800 for 3d passive or sony 950 for pure pq but flip side is active 3d, and vfm tvs lg la6200 and pana et6 d ... But lg is better in service than pana in general, or I wud say lg has a good presence in india and r serious abt india than pana... And if u want to spend less money than lg or pana, then toshiba... I dont know a specific model of toshiba comparable to above recommended models...

If you are going for 3D, then go for LG and I am not sure why the price is too high in delhi for the 6200. Here in cochin I was offered the same for 63K from the dealer with all bills and warranty and I got 6910 for 6.75K. Did you bargin and this could be the last price ?? I am quite sure that you can definetly get for less than 65K for sure.

LG 100 times better than any brand for VFM and PQ in case of 3D.Though I haven't any 3d model of my own but experienced LG,SAMSUNG,SONY,PANASONIC:licklips:

LG it is.

I bought LA6200 @71K from Bangalore 15 days back and completely satisfied with everything it offers to me.

Alright ppl, i bought LG 5710 few days back and i gotta say its amazing, i hate 3d (nothing against the lovers), but i actually was looking for a tv widout it tho wid smart functions and YAYYY here it is! Wid all features of 3d tv, 5710 is the winner! Loving the picture quality, sound, ips panel, wifi connectivity, everything is just amazing! Thanks to u guys for refering LG to me! Looking fwd to buy the amc for 2 yrs, as right now it will be on a discount!! Also do share the picture settings u while watchin a hollywood blu ray.. I will be doin it soon :))
Cheers buddies..

I bought LG 55LA6200(1.25L) just 2 days back. Looks good till now . Comes with magic remote too. I have read in forums that LA6200 is only magic remote ready and it has to be bought separately.

I bought LG 55LA6200(1.25L) just 2 days back. Looks good till now . Comes with magic remote too. I have read in forums that LA6200 is only magic remote ready and it has to be bought separately.

Congrats , lm 6200 , a 2012 model.did not comes with magic motion remote ... Not sure abt la6200 ... U have received so it must be coming along with it ... Congrats btw

LA6200 comes with a standard remote+magic remote+Swivel wall mount+4 3D glasses

Congrats , lm 6200 , a 2012 model.did not comes with magic motion remote ... Not sure abt la6200 ... U have received so it must be coming along with it ... Congrats btw

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back