Schiit Bifrost upgradatis

audiodelic

Upgrading from a Beresford Caiman to the Schiit Bifrost. My friend is getting it with him.

Rest of the chain is Emotiva usp-1/upa-2 with ascend acoustic sierra.
Should i be expecting a night and day difference ? :rolleyes:

great to hear this. pls update with your views when it arrives

:clapping:

Maybe not, but a better source usually grows on you and then you will realise the difference once you go back to a source that is not as good.
Anyway, do post pictures when you get the good Schiit!

audodelic,

Did you get the Schiit Bifrost?
Any comparisions between Modi & Bifrost.

I have Modi & am planning to get the Bifrost (based purely on the reviews of Bifrost), however your review on comparing both would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,:)
Regards,

@TD150,

Since you have the modi, how do you find it?. I too bought the modi sometime back but I find it too cylincal or more towards bright side. I would have used it for about 100 hrs and while the sound signature has changed from what it was initially, but it is still not to my liking. So what is your experience?. Does it sound neutral or warm?. How many hours has it logged thus far?. I just want to know if the SQ would change as I add more hours on it, if so I will retain/continue to use it, if not, I will sell it off.

Thanks.

I have sparingly used it from Jan 2013 till date.
I have a Marantz CD5001 and comparing both I found Modi to be better.
The sound seems full bodied and highs are not harsh as compared to Marantz.
Overall good, I have not compared it with any other DAC.

I am planning to use Bifrost and Marantz (as transport) and use the MODI with my Laptop.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivakuru,

One thing I noticed was the sound quality improved when I used a better usb cable to connect the DAC to my Laptop. I used a Bandridge INR 300/- cable from my earlier cheap cable (which I had got it with my DVD-R).

Further please check the outup of your software whether is it configured to 24bit or 32bit output, that again will make a difference in quality of sound.

Please try out this may increase the SQ:)

Sivakuru,

Did you try with a better USB cable?
I would like to mention here that after many listenings (I don't have count of hrs) the Modi DAC is sounding better day by day in my setup, now it is sounding dark and has a sold body. Mids sound great, Highs are smooth & Bass is ok.
How about your experience?

:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back