• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Schiit introduces 2-Ch products

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com

sound_cycle

And it is schiitshowtime

Fri 28th july intro to vidar and eitr by J Stoddard and M Moffat. Promised bonus announcement too

(1400 - 1800 GMT - 7:00)

streaming on fb

ciao
gr

SwaroopKS

There is already an announcement on head-fi on USB 5th gen upgrade options for their dacs as well as EITR which is the same 5th gen USB based coax converter.

raghupb

Impressed that they got all of Vidar into a 9x4 brick.
Looking at pics, they have solved the heat issue finally with big-ass heat sinks.
30 lbs says it all.

Measured numbers (THD/IMD/SNR) look good too.
27dB gain is good, but they don't specify sensitivity swing.
Maybe the answer will be on head-fi discussions.

Cheers,
Raghu

bornfi

I have the Eitr on hand and that has capability of making even a 10 year old DAC competing with today's DAC.

I am using it with my Benchmark DAC1 and it is amazing how Eitr makes it sound so musical.

sound_cycle

Impressed that they got all of Vidar into a 9x4 brick.
Looking at pics, they have solved the heat issue finally with big-ass heat sinks.
30 lbs says it all.

Measured numbers (THD/IMD/SNR) look good too.
27dB gain is good, but they don't specify sensitivity swing.
Maybe the answer will be on head-fi discussions.

Cheers,
Raghu

headfi poster (somewhere in that monster thread, IIRC) said that it gets uncomfortably hot to touch in stereo mode - but that is good, in the sense the heat sinks are doing their job. I will of course have to position it differently from my PM6005 for that reason.

read on sbaf (with Jason posting) that a single Vidar is enough to drive Maggies. And those are reputed to be a difficult to drive.

ciao
gr

drkrack

headfi poster (somewhere in that monster thread, IIRC) said that it gets uncomfortably hot to touch in stereo mode - but that is good, in the sense the heat sinks are doing their job. I will of course have to position it differently from my PM6005 for that reason.

read on sbaf (with Jason posting) that a single Vidar is enough to drive Maggies. And those are reputed to be a difficult to drive.

ciao
gr
Vidar At a price point of 50k in inr conversion, there's no proper competition for it anyway.
I'm still confused between Freya vs Saga nothing but a side by side audition should settle my doubts. But its hard to get.
Since I own a Gungnir, Freya makes lot of sense, but will need two Vidars for a proper balanced audio chain...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk