Schiit introduces 2-Ch products

And it is schiitshowtime

Fri 28th july intro to vidar and eitr by J Stoddard and M Moffat. Promised bonus announcement too

(1400 - 1800 GMT - 7:00)

streaming on fb

ciao
gr

There is already an announcement on head-fi on USB 5th gen upgrade options for their dacs as well as EITR which is the same 5th gen USB based coax converter.

Impressed that they got all of Vidar into a 9x4 brick.
Looking at pics, they have solved the heat issue finally with big-ass heat sinks.
30 lbs says it all.

Measured numbers (THD/IMD/SNR) look good too.
27dB gain is good, but they don't specify sensitivity swing.
Maybe the answer will be on head-fi discussions.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have the Eitr on hand and that has capability of making even a 10 year old DAC competing with today's DAC.

I am using it with my Benchmark DAC1 and it is amazing how Eitr makes it sound so musical.

Impressed that they got all of Vidar into a 9x4 brick.
Looking at pics, they have solved the heat issue finally with big-ass heat sinks.
30 lbs says it all.

Measured numbers (THD/IMD/SNR) look good too.
27dB gain is good, but they don't specify sensitivity swing.
Maybe the answer will be on head-fi discussions.

Cheers,
Raghu

headfi poster (somewhere in that monster thread, IIRC) said that it gets uncomfortably hot to touch in stereo mode - but that is good, in the sense the heat sinks are doing their job. I will of course have to position it differently from my PM6005 for that reason.

read on sbaf (with Jason posting) that a single Vidar is enough to drive Maggies. And those are reputed to be a difficult to drive.

ciao
gr

headfi poster (somewhere in that monster thread, IIRC) said that it gets uncomfortably hot to touch in stereo mode - but that is good, in the sense the heat sinks are doing their job. I will of course have to position it differently from my PM6005 for that reason.

read on sbaf (with Jason posting) that a single Vidar is enough to drive Maggies. And those are reputed to be a difficult to drive.

ciao
gr
Vidar At a price point of 50k in inr conversion, there's no proper competition for it anyway.
I'm still confused between Freya vs Saga nothing but a side by side audition should settle my doubts. But its hard to get.
Since I own a Gungnir, Freya makes lot of sense, but will need two Vidars for a proper balanced audio chain...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back