Seeking reccos for isolation pads/dampeners for turntable & bookshelf speakers

ramakant

hi there,

I recently purchased the Edifier S2000MkIII bookshelf speakers for my Audio Technica LP60x turntable. Due to space constraints (typical for an average Mumbai home), I have to use the same furniture for turntable & speakers. Ideally I'd like them to be on separate surfaces to avoid vibration. Currently am looking out for some isolation solutions that can be purchased in India. Alternatively I have someone coming in from the US in April and am open for suggestions to order American brands also.

As of now I am seeing options on Amazon for Hukimoyo Studio monitor isolation foam pads that are in the INR 850-INR 1000. while they are popular, I'm not entirely sure if foam pads are ideal for my setup. Then, there are 1.25" Platinum Silicone Hemisphere Bumper from Hudson HiFi on Amazon. Pack of 8 hemispheres is costing around INR 4500. Its a bit too expensive and purchasing in the US would be almost half the amount. I've read about ISO Puck Mini but it seems a bit steep to buy it in the US (8 pack costs USD 100). Would the ISO Puck Mini be suited for my requirement?

Am looking for any informed advice from experts to guide me through building my first setup. Thanks for reading.

(I've not shared any links as I'm not sure about the forum rules. Will edit post if it is allowed)

hi there,

I recently purchased the Edifier S2000MkIII bookshelf speakers for my Audio Technica LP60x turntable. Due to space constraints (typical for an average Mumbai home), I have to use the same furniture for turntable & speakers. Ideally I'd like them to be on separate surfaces to avoid vibration. Currently am looking out for some isolation solutions that can be purchased in India. Alternatively I have someone coming in from the US in April and am open for suggestions to order American brands also.

As of now I am seeing options on Amazon for Hukimoyo Studio monitor isolation foam pads that are in the INR 850-INR 1000. while they are popular, I'm not entirely sure if foam pads are ideal for my setup. Then, there are 1.25" Platinum Silicone Hemisphere Bumper from Hudson HiFi on Amazon. Pack of 8 hemispheres is costing around INR 4500. Its a bit too expensive and purchasing in the US would be almost half the amount. I've read about ISO Puck Mini but it seems a bit steep to buy it in the US (8 pack costs USD 100). Would the ISO Puck Mini be suited for my requirement?

Am looking for any informed advice from experts to guide me through building my first setup. Thanks for reading.

(I've not shared any links as I'm not sure about the forum rules. Will edit post if it is allowed)
Blue tac should work fine if the surface is smooth and even.

@muralimmreddy : thanks so much for the links. will certainly go through them and check it out.

@souravin : that's quite ingenious. didn't think of that :) just for my knowledge, would the foam be suitable when the speakers are on the same surface as the turntable? might just end up doing this if I run out of options ! :)

@Kannan @Bloom@83 : thanks for that recommendation. haven't heard of blue tac. is it this kind of adhesive surface? Amazon Link

Out of curiosity and my limited budget, I have tried this washing machine/ treadmill feet, vibration pad on my Sound Foundation speaker stand. Works great for me.

Vibration pad
These are just craft foam pieces cut in a shape. These are available in A4 sized sheets at all Stationery stores for cheap. Yes, they work well!

Washing machine vibration absorption pads although biggish in size work great. For fine tuning the leveling of your turn table you can use playing cards.

MaSh

@souravin : that's quite ingenious. didn't think of that :) just for my knowledge, would the foam be suitable when the speakers are on the same surface as the turntable? might just end up doing this if I run out of options ! :)
If possible just cut a rectangular wood according to the size of of TT base and place beneath your TT surface as the speakers are on the same rack. It would contribute a height to your TT and speakers will be on any absorption mat.

on top of everything enjoy music and forget factors.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back