Servicing/Repair of Vintage Electronics Kochi/ Bangalore /Chennai (Pioneer A400)

Ronnie

Hi,
I would like to service a classic Pioneer A400 amp which I am gifting to my brother in law. I would like to re-cap it possibly and also rectify a minor fault. The fault is, power up currently takes a couple of on-off cycles accompanied by speaker damaging pop sounds, before the relays latch on properly for a quiet operation.
The amp is currently here in Singapore, but if it can be serviced/repaired with good parts, I can send it through a friend, who is going home this week. That is, if the service in India is comparable to that is done here It costs less than $100 here for the work. But in case, it could be done there in India, I guess it will be cheaper and convenient as I can use this window of opportunity to sending it over there.
Your inputs are highly appreciated. Could you please give me some pointers on where (preferably) in Cochin/Kerala/Bangalore/Chennai I can get it serviced/repaired?

Thanks
Ronnie

Repairs will be better done if you have some more info-like a circuit diagram. Philip Isaacs in Bangalore is a competent person for such repairs(080-22269360)

You can contact Mr. Sayeed who has his workshop in "Philips Arena" in Augurchand Mansion, diagonally opposite to Spencer Plaza. PM me if you require his telephone No.

Thanks a lot George and Mr Rajesh.

What do you think about re-capping(changing all the electrolytic caps) especially in the signal line and power buffers? Do you think its worth it? also do you think the replacement caps available in India will be good enough?

People over here do that a lot, because I have read somewhere that Electrolytoc caps dry up thier electrolytes after 15-20years of operation.

Your inputs will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ron

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back