Servo stabilizer VS online UPS vs both servo stabilizer +UPS

raja79

Dear All,

I am planning for home theatre

setup so far ( purchased)

X BOX 360- (will be upgraded to playstation/xbox one in near future
apple TV older version- (will be updated to 4 k version in near future)
AVR Yamaha Aventage 1070 ( got it from usa which has 110 v , using step down transformer)
speaker -Paradigm Monitor SE 3000 F
Monitor SE 2000
Defiance V12
Surround 1
CI Home H80-R ( for atmos)
Atom ( for the rear)

Home theatre technician recommended 3KV Vertex servo stabilizer. it will cost around 26k.

However reading online, it appears like online UPS is better,. I have don't have any issues with noise.
The UPS can be kept in the ground floor in a dedicated room, whereas the home theater setup will be in fourth floor.

Please suggests whether to go for a Servo stabilizer or online UPS or both servo stabilizer +UPS. I am flexible with the budget to some extent.
Any recommendation or suggestion very much appreciated.

depends on what you are trying to solve...a pure sinewave UPS ( no need for online) should be enough for this

I recently lost my Projector and one of Power Amp which were on offline UPS -> Krykard Servo Satb

Now I have shifted to Online UPS with isolation transformer + https://hifimart.com/product/sound-foundations-powerbase-power-filter-and-protection-unit-html/

Decision was based on some online research and recommendation if fellow FMs who had power issues too. Over the time only I would know if that helped.

Ironically at first place I even do not what issues I have with power supply, the most probable ones are constant voltage fluctuations and power outages.

I recently lost my Projector and one of Power Amp which were on offline UPS -> Krykard Servo Satb

Now I have shifted to Online UPS with isolation transformer + https://hifimart.com/product/sound-foundations-powerbase-power-filter-and-protection-unit-html/

Decision was based on some online research and recommendation if fellow FMs who had power issues too. Over the time only I would know if that helped.

Ironically at first place I even do not what issues I have with power supply, the most probable ones are constant voltage fluctuations and power outages.
All you needed was an Under / Over Voltage protector, as most modern devices can tolerate a wide band of voltage.

https://amzn.eu/d/eP4XO36

In general you require multiple levels of protection, all because our govts cannot supply us stable voltage after 80 years of independence.

1. Properly rated fuse and ELCB / RCCB, etc. This is the first line of defence. Else your MOV downstream will be useless.
2. Mainline Spike suppression SPD device with blown indicator in your fuse board.
3. Overvoltage/undervoltage device
4. Properly Voltage stabilizer with very low response time.
5. Spike supression unit with fuse
6. Properly Dual Conversion UPS. Hopefully after this the transient will be eliminated
7. Overvoltage protector to save you from a malfunctioning UPS/stabilizer, etc
8. Fused distribution box with a properly rated fuse. Don't mix a 10 A device with a 1 A device. Because then if the current exceeds 1 A in the smaller device, the fuse will still not blow off.
9. equipment.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back