Setting up a new Home Theater System (Dolby Atmos 7.1.4)

Any projector lasts for atleast 4-5 years. The sony projector the OP mentioned is an excellent 4k projector as well upscales very well. With Netflix 4k as well as most hollywood movies in 4k, it makes sense to buy, if you can afford it.

From Benq website
"Producing 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution with 8.3 million distinct pixels for each frame, W2700 utilizes the new generation 0.47” single-DMD DLP technology"

I think this TI chip is not native 4k but faux 4k.
If something is producing 8.3 million pixels how can it be faux 4k. (3840*2160 is equal to 8.3 million pixels).

"Then Texas Instrumentsreleased an 0.66" 4K UHD chip with a physical mirror matrix of 2716 x 1528 which uses two-phase pixel shifting to create 8.3 million pixels, which is 4K UHD. They followed that with an 0.47" DLP 4K UHD chip which has a physical mirror matrix of 1920 x 1080. It uses four-phase pixel shifting to create 8.3 million pixels."
I am sure that except for select Sony & JVC models ,no other 4k pjs is true 4k. In all other 4k PJs there is some hanky panky going on.
Compared to the Native 4K projector price, two pixel shifting projector make sense, at least as of now. And you can hardly understand the difference, unless you're into serious gaming. I think price for Native 4K projectors might come down in coming years. If you go by the resolution, Native 4K is 4096 x 2160 and most of the movie titles and online streaming content is UHD 4K (3840x2160 ). Consumer 4K is UHD 4K (3840x2160 )
That's the reason why all 4K TV's are UHD 4K not Native 4K. Sony Native projectors are 4096 x 2160 and 17:9 aspect ratio compared to the standard 16:9

First of all I don't think that difference between 4k & UHD is important. What is important is the picture resolved as near to life as possible. Sony Native 4K projectors do 1:1 mapping . Hence they are "Native" PJs.

Difference between 4k & UHD is indeed important, that's the picture resolution we're discussing !

Chip using in Sony projector is able to provide 4096x2160 & 8.3 million pixels - without any pixel shifting

when majority of content is in this resolution 3840x2160 - which is UHD 4K, Going by your logic when Sony projector do 1:1 mapping you will get 3840x2160 not 4096x2160 (Native 4K) - of course that resolution is much better than pixel shifting projector's but it comes with a Price !

I'm Using Optoma UHD 65 for the past one year. Now in reality, you can hardly feel any difference watching a Netflix or Amazon prime content , so whats the point spending huge on 'Native' projectors ?

Just an update guys, I had asked for a quote from Avenue Sound after he did a site visit (as suggested above by someone), and they came back with the following:

1) Receiver - AudioControl CONCERT AVR-7
2) Screen - Screen Innovations (SI) Solo Pro - SPT100PW
3) Projector - Sony VPL-VW260ES
4) Subwoofer - James Loudspeaker QX1020
5) Speakers - James Loudspeaker QX330 (Qty - Four) and James Loudspeaker QX630 (Qty - Three)
6) Atmos Speakers - James Loudspeaker SXC420R (Qty - Four)
7) Wiring - 100m of Monoprice 12AWG Wire, 3m of Tributaries UHD-010B HDMI Wire and 15m of Tributaries UHDX-15

This is for a 7.2.4 setup, Total cost is approx 16L without GST. Now the issue is I have not heard of these companies when I research online. I usually come across Denon, Yamaha, Epson etc.

Do you guys think I should continue with the above, or search for other quotes and build my HT manually?

one input from me which i got from this group - Audition everything.. dont buy without a complete audition and dont rely on online reviews... Carry your own tracks.. Music and blu-ray disks of your own to every place you audition. You will be able to differentiate the quality..

Difference between 4k & UHD is indeed important, that's the picture resolution we're discussing !

Chip using in Sony projector is able to provide 4096x2160 & 8.3 million pixels - without any pixel shifting

when majority of content is in this resolution 3840x2160 - which is UHD 4K, Going by your logic when Sony projector do 1:1 mapping you will get 3840x2160 not 4096x2160 (Native 4K) - of course that resolution is much better than pixel shifting projector's but it comes with a Price !

I'm Using Optoma UHD 65 for the past one year. Now in reality, you can hardly feel any difference watching a Netflix or Amazon prime content , so whats the point spending huge on 'Native' projectors ?

The difference will be found based on the True source ...most of marketing is done in the name of 4k,UHD etc...Most of 4k contents are been upscaled or by using 2k digital intermediates for VFX materials and cost effectivenes by the studios... So u use either faux or native pj doesn't matters much for now I feel...the difference will be felt if the source is true 4k.
Whatever satisfies you in your budget enjoy it fully thats all...

Go for a 4k projector, if you can stretch a bit. Nothing beats a native 4k experience, and as of now you will have to rely on 4k BR and some netflix contents for 4k, but the future is more bright as many streaming services are investing more on 4k.
For sound, do not agree anything below 9.2.4 in your budget. Audition different combinations of AVR+speakers before you finalize, as what is good for your ear may not be best for others and vice-versa. Rely on your ears first
As someone mentioned earlier, nothing can beat experience of a wall to wall screen. As you have a really long room, this is indeed a real possibility. Explore and settle for the best.
And lastly - please shift to a reliable internet provider. The key to a good home theater is a stable internet connection which you should not compromise on.
Wishes, and please do keep us updated on the decisions and progress

I've got some experience in this, so would like to chime in as well.
Fully agree on the above, go 4K. Benq is good bang for bucks.
Just remember no matter how much you spend on the components, if acoustics are not done carefully, you will not get the best out of your system. Invest some amount in soundproofing and some on interior acoustics.
Especially for low frequencies.
High frequency can easily be absorbed by foam and some amount of liveliness can be achieved by using wooden diffusors.
But make sure to use Glasswool/Rockwool in the corners, preferably from floor to ceiling, to get that tight, deep, rumbling bass.
Happy hunting!

Watching 4k content on Netflix sitting 10 to 12 feet away from a 120 inch screen is amazing.

Having said that, for me, getting adequate dynamic contrast would be more important than true 4k resolution.

With my Benq X12000 projector (4k DLP), I was struggling to get things right in my room with white walls and a white screen.

I painted the ceiling dark, the walls light grey and got a low gain grey screen. With these changes, the PQ is now pretty good and I am finally able to enjoy movies.

Hi everyone, thank you for all the help, after a lot of research, I have finalized the following setup:

I just wanted to do a sanity check before placing the order. Do let me know if all the components are good and at a competitive price.

Projector JVC DLA NX7 720,000
Screen Elite 4K Perforated Screen - SE150WH11-A4k fixed frame 150inch diagonal 16:19 81,148
Receiver Anthem MRX 1120 290,000
Woofers (2) SVS PB 3000 166,604
Speakers LCRProcella P6 135,000
Speakers Surrounds (4)Procella P5 65,000
Speakers Atmos (4) Paradigm CI HOME H65A Angled In Ceiling Height Speakers 18,000

Hi everyone, thank you for all the help, after a lot of research, I have finalized the following setup:

I just wanted to do a sanity check before placing the order. Do let me know if all the components are good and at a competitive price.

ProjectorJVC DLA NX7 720,000
ScreenElite 4K Perforated Screen - SE150WH11-A4k fixed frame 150inch diagonal 16:19 81,148
ReceiverAnthem MRX 1120 290,000
Woofers (2)SVS PB 3000 166,604
Speakers LCRProcella P6 135,000
Speakers Surrounds (4)Procella P5 65,000
Speakers Atmos (4)Paradigm CI HOME H65A Angled In Ceiling Height Speakers 18,000
Consider rythmik f18. Similar price.

Thank you. Any place where I could demo/ check them out in Mumbai?

Check These measurements .
Have gone through the whole website.
Nothing commercially available in India ( home audio) can beat this sub.
This is my dream sub. its expensive.
But in your budget. Buy this if u like super crisp bass. Fans of wooly bass will not like it.

Never heard those speakers. Did you hear them and like it or is it a blind buy?
Also, not sure of the projector as it's far too expensive to the rest of the components.

Check These measurements .
Have gone through the whole website.
Nothing commercially available in India ( home audio) can beat this sub.
This is my dream sub. its expensive.
But in your budget. Buy this if u like super crisp bass. Fans of wooly bass will not like it.

Wow they look great! I will try and get them for a demo and check out their pricing. Thanks!

Never heard those speakers. Did you hear them and like it or is it a blind buy?
Also, not sure of the projector as it's far too expensive to the rest of the components.

Yes I did hear them and I loved the sound. Very warm and not at all harsh.

I love the projector also! Do you have any alternates in mind? I am looking for Native 4K.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back