Share Tidal Playlists / Albums

I searched a bit but this seems quite complex. I found out about Allo signature. Will that along with an AV receiver which support Tidal through Heos allow me to play MQA? What's your setup ?
Short answer is no. But there are ways to get MQA playback at 24bit and upto 96kHz on your receiver if it supports Chromecast Audio or DLNA UPnP rendering. You need a DAC, Integrated Amp or a Receiver with MQA capability to completely unfold MQA. But in my experience, a 24bit 48kHz MQA file unfolded to 96kHz on a computer is good enough. You need quite a good system to hear differences that MQA may offer beyond 96kHz.

Edit: In fact, there is a way to get this done using Allo. Setup Allo Digione Signature as UPnP renderer and use Audirvana+ on your computer to stream to Allo over DLNA. This would get you 24bit 96kHz. But Audirvana costs about 9k. You do get mobile apps on iOS and Android to use your mobile as remote control.

The other option is to use Android mConnect app to stream untouched MQA stream to your Allo Digione instead of Audirvana. But this would only get you 24bit 48kHz which in my opinion is still good.

If your Receiver natively supports Tidal or DTS PlayFi then it may also suport DLNA UPnP. In that case you don't need Allo. Also Tidal desktop app can directly send a 96kHz stream to your receiver if it supports ChormecastAudio

Last edited:
For all guitar lovers, an official playlist by Qobuz - http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2756798

I imported it to Tidal - https://tidal.com/playlist/325d1509-b253-445d-9971-75f15d16831b

A while back I had created a Tidal playlist of Guitar World’ 50 Greatest Guitar Solos of All Time. Sharing it below.

Playback (Embed) link. I suspect you can play this without a subscription. It runs short clips of each track.
https://embed.tidal.com/playlists/2614ed53-c011-4a68-8dee-a4338dfcc5ba?layout=gridify

Actual link to my playlist:

Short answer is no. But there are ways to get MQA playback at 24bit and upto 96kHz on your receiver if it supports Chromecast Audio or DLNA UPnP rendering. You need a DAC, Integrated Amp or a Receiver with MQA capability to completely unfold MQA. But in my experience, a 24bit 48kHz MQA file unfolded to 96kHz on a computer is good enough. You need quite a good system to hear differences that MQA may offer beyond 96kHz.

Edit: In fact, there is a way to get this done using Allo. Setup Allo Digione Signature as UPnP renderer and use Audirvana+ on your computer to stream to Allo over DLNA. This would get you 24bit 96kHz. But Audirvana costs about 9k. You do get mobile apps on iOS and Android to use your mobile as remote control.

The other option is to use Android mConnect app to stream untouched MQA stream to your Allo Digione instead of Audirvana. But this would only get you 24bit 48kHz which in my opinion is still good.

If your Receiver natively supports Tidal or DTS PlayFi then it may also suport DLNA UPnP. In that case you don't need Allo. Also Tidal desktop app can directly send a 96kHz stream to your receiver if it supports ChormecastAudio
Thanks for your input. I decided to get the desktop setup for MQA playback which will be much cheaper than upgrading the HT.

Ok guys, I have something precious to share... especially if you are. Hindustani Classical listener. As you might know, Raga’s are demarcated for time of the day (prahar) and they create the best effect during that prahar. I have categorised Ragas by prahar and formed playlists (one for each prahar, eight in all). I have spent a few hours creating these. All I do now is play in shuffle mode the playlist for that prahar. You too can!
Thanks to everybody who shared their playlists. Mine may not be anything special but let me share. Not sure if Tidal has a 'friend' option so we could form a mini group based on genres of interest.

However, let me take a moment to acknowledge @SachinChavan. I have been auditioning a few amps and speakers at home during last couple of months. I sometimes played them at reference loudness levels (weekend daytime). My neighbors have been very accommodating and nobody complained. I would have however turned it down if they got bothered.
I have zero understanding of Indian classical but I try to explore and began listening to Sachin's list over a few days. After all these months, there was a knock on my front door for the first time! I opened the door to my immediate downstairs neighbor who thanked me for playing 'good' music!!
Sachin, the more I listen to them, more I realize what a mammoth effort you have put into curating and classifying those playlists. I still do not get most of it but I want to acquire this taste and I play Prahar 5 & 6 as often as I can. Thank you.

Thanks to everybody who shared their playlists. Mine may not be anything special but let me share. Not sure if Tidal has a 'friend' option so we could form a mini group based on genres of interest.

However, let me take a moment to acknowledge @SachinChavan. I have been auditioning a few amps and speakers at home during last couple of months. I sometimes played them at reference loudness levels (weekend daytime). My neighbors have been very accommodating and nobody complained. I would have however turned it down if they got bothered.
I have zero understanding of Indian classical but I try to explore and began listening to Sachin's list over a few days. After all these months, there was a knock on my front door for the first time! I opened the door to my immediate downstairs neighbor who thanked me for playing 'good' music!!
Sachin, the more I listen to them, more I realize what a mammoth effort you have put into curating and classifying those playlists. I still do not get most of it but I want to acquire this taste and I play Prahar 5 & 6 as often as I can. Thank you.
Absolutely! I wonder how much effort it would have taken to compile such mammoth playlists! Kudos! More, He is never shy of sharing!

Thanks for the kind words, @eabhishek and @Yogesh. While I made the playlists for personal consumption (listening to ragas as per prahar harmonises the mind-body with the music and the environment), the payback (satisfaction) is much higher when more members play them. A win-win!

I play Prahar 5 & 6 as often as I can
Evening ragas (prahar 6 as per the numbering convention I follow) are more popular as we hear them often as most concerts are held the evening. They also have a ethereal and uplifting feel. On the other hand, prahar 8 (12-3 am) raga renditions are understandably rare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi @Yogesh

Your account is from which country? coz when I try to browse your playlists in my Tidal account, I get content not available error.

Preview attachment image.png
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...444711&th=178d55b995b3ce67&view=att&disp=safe
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...444711&th=178d55b995b3ce67&view=att&disp=safe

image.png
52 KB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

image.png
42 KB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

image.png
57 KB

Thanks a lot you are truly awesome :D

The RD Burman and Amitabh Bacchan ones didn't work but the others worked fine

Gulzar and Rahman worked, other didn't. What may be the reason?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back