Share your cassette collection!

I too have a good collection......But do not have Cassette Decks to play.
Used to own Norge ......but that's long long ago

Though out and out a vinyl lover , I love cassette and like the sound of cassette deck. Back in my school and college days I used to save money and buy cassettes. Sometimes I also had my fav tracks recorded on blank tapes. However, I didn't have any tape deck for so many days after my Philips two in one stopped working. Many thanks to HFV, here I read about the tape decks and my hidden wish to possess a deck surfaced out .At that time I came to know that an FM bought a tape deck and he was a happy user. Then I also bought an used tape deck from an adorable member and now I am enjoying my old collections alongside spinning records.
Cheers

These have been with me since my school days, regret losing out on many (had albums by pantera, testment, slayer, danzig, full album list, of zeppelin, Floyd etc..)... But still happy could save these many, safely tucked in a suitcase... (

Terrific collection - amazing albums! I recall Roll the Bones tape, which I cannot seem to locate in my collection now :(

I too have a sizable cassette collection. Stored away carefully right now. I have an old Philips CD-tape-radio and Akai Walkman too, but in out of order condition since long.

I will be building a Stereo system in a month or two. Hoping to get something economical to enjoy my cassettes again by then.

Here are a few that I recently listened to
I need to find a decent player myself :) any source?
I ended up acquiring my player recently from Mr. Deepak in Pune.. you can check his stuff at http://www.mussiclovers.com. The website is not updated realtime, so the best course would be to connect with him via phone / WhatsApp (98608 80190).. he is very responsive. You'll find a few threads here on the forum from FMs who have purchased from him.
IMG_5724.JPG

Love those VU meters on these vintage tape decks. Looks in very pristine condition too. Enjoy your music.

Like many other music lovers in this forum, I also used to buy cassettes from my pocket money back in my school/college days both Hindi and English albums and lots and lots of blanks tapes (Sony/TDK) for recording assorted music.

Unfortunately lost track of all those wonderful cassettes through the years as we shifted homes and also my old AKAI Deck stopped working,
Since the lock down started last year, the love and interest for listening to music on cassettes rekindled when I saw a Denon Cassette deck on sale in this forum. Added to the sale was a decent collection of old Hindi cassettes which made the deal even sweeter and I immediately took the plunge. So from last one year I am back into enjoying the warm sounding music from these cassette deck.

I have been attached to my humble cassette collection over the years and despite my Mom urging me to give it to the local Raddiwaala, i have managed to hang unto most of all of them. Most of it was lying at my folks house for years, i just didn't wanna let go because those cassettes were played a zillion times and had a lot of memories attached.

These were all handpicked from cities across the country , Park street Calcutta to Pune ,Bangalore or Chandigarh (where I remember there was a Shop by the name of Deepak Radios who used to record from Vinyl to cassettes, when Piracy was an unheard of concept in India and Vinyl was something everyone could not afford).

This was from the mid 80s to the late mid 90s till CDs became affordable in the Indian market.

Will try to dig up some cassettes and post pictures in the next post.

Cheers

Last edited:
I too have been attached to my humble cassette collection and despite my Mom urging me to give it to the Raddiwaala i still managed to hang unto them for years.Most of it was lying at my folks house for years, i just didn't wanna let go because those cassettes were played a zillion times with a lot of memories attached and collected from cities all across the country from, Park street Road side Vendors of Calcutta to Pune , Bangalore or Chandigarh (where I remember there was a Shop by the name of Deepak Radios who used to record from Vinyl to cassettes, when Piracy was an unheard of concept in India and Vinyl was something everyone could not afford those days). This was from the mid 80s to the late mid 90s till CDs became affordable in the Indian market. Will dig up some cassettes and pics in the next post.

Cheers
...and if you ever think about letting them go, do give me a holler.. I will provide them a good caring loving home :)

...and if you ever think about letting them go, do give me a holler.. I will provide them a good caring loving home :)
A friend of mine is giving away his old technics cassette deck and i have just been too lazy to go pick it from his home. Wanna bring it home one of these days and give those cassettes a run before i decide if its just hormones and nostalgia that made them seem so sweet back in the day or do these really sound better than their digital counterparts.

Will take a call after that.:):)

A nice playlist for reggae lovers . More later. :) :)

The Compilation cassettes released in India used to have a nice mix of songs, will post covers of cassettes from my collection which have a nice set of songs.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-15 at 11.32.20 PM (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back