Share your favorite Album cover art

Mughal E Azam Cover - amazing work on this cover (3 LP version)
b91e3926.jpg

75e93a53.jpg

Inside
8ea05f8b.jpg

015623b2-1.jpg

Yes Santhoshbhai,
That's the album cover, you must see it in mint condition. It is beautiful cover with gold foil and screen printing (I like little dots making pictures :)) Will look for the cover for you.
Regards

No problem Sandeep. Do post.
Best regards
Thanks, Hiten. A R Rahman's Vande Mataram(1997) album art has been one my favorites. It's beautifully conceived such that the painting on the album cover just flows across the album, inside out. The choice of fonts for the typography is also very unassuming and elegant at the same time :)
1564457308469.png

1564457326228.png

2D5B93B6-B7FE-4965-94AD-062439108745.jpeg

Advaita is an extremely talented but relatIvely less known Delhi-based Indian Alt Rock-Fusion band. These guys blend Indian classical with rock like no one else does producing ambient layered music that can induce a trance like state. There’s a certain aesthetic sense about their creations and that also spills over to their productions... none less to the album art.

07874FC7-D853-4FDB-81CD-5076166B539A.jpeg

The album art on their second album ‘The Silent Sea’ (CD) is by far the best one I have come across on Indian albums, and among the best globally. What you have here is a cover with integrated booklet that runs into 10-12 pages, in quality art paper with paintings/photographs.

25D57376-D5FA-414A-9167-EF557F865354.jpeg

54888484-4E5C-43A6-9A3B-F564A182C62A.jpeg

There are four center-spreads each highlighting two songs from the album with an abstract painting/photo each that helps create the appropriate mood for you when you listen to the song.

5D96699C-B737-4E01-BAF4-011E728E5FFE.jpeg

7AD55AA9-A14B-4343-BF8D-5EE4B13318E8.jpeg

What also stands out are the extensive credits and thanks over three pages - also done very gracefully.

8644C293-96ED-412B-9417-40DCEE65D364.jpeg

35228E75-C55C-4814-A122-3238F7AEA20C.jpeg

And all of this, along with the CD - just at Rs 295. Beat that! Even if you don’t like their music (which would be a rare chance), the CD is worth buying just for its album art. No wonder they had received such accolades from various corners.

07506D56-2776-41A6-83B9-8EB8139F4025.jpeg

Right from the to cover where the corked bottle holding layers of blue sand (Silent Sea) intrigue you into exploring further, to the bottom cover where all the 10 songs are displayed on a wooden cabinet in classy word art along with the same bottle in one of the shelves - this is a masterpiece from start to end!

754A699F-CC84-491B-AD02-77C8AA5742F0.jpeg

P.S. I just checked the designer of this album art and it’s one Dev Kabir Malik. Here’s what Mr Malik has to say about his design for the Silent Sea. If you are interested in making of album art, they explain here the philosophy that guided them in this design (a holistic project for the band): “The idea was for the art to represent objects that had been collected in an attempt to capture things that could not be contained - memories, thoughts and emotions.”

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 37799

Advaita is an extremely talented but relatIvely less known Delhi-based Indian Alt Rock-Fusion group. These guys blend Indian classical with rock like no one else does producing ambient layered music that can induce a trance like state. There’s a certain aesthetic sense about their creations and that also spills over to their productions... none less to the album art.

View attachment 37800

The album art on their second album ‘The Silent Sea’ (CD) is by far the best one I have come across on Indian albums, and among the best globally. What you have here is a cover with integrated booklet that runs into 10-12 pages, in quality art paper with paintings/photographs.

View attachment 37805

View attachment 37802

There are four center-spreads each highlighting two songs from the album with an abstract painting/photo each that helps create the appropriate mood for you when you listen to the song.

View attachment 37803

View attachment 37804

What also stands out are the extensive credits and thanks over three pages - also done very gracefully.

View attachment 37806

View attachment 37807

And all of this, along with the CD - just at Rs 295. Beat that! Even if you don’t like their music (which would be a rare chance), the CD is worth buying just for its album art. No wonder they had received such accolades from various corners.

View attachment 37809

Right from the to cover where the corked bottle holding layers of blue sand (Silent Sea) intrigue you into exploring further, to the bottom cover where all the 10 songs are displayed on a wooden cabinet in classy word art along with the same bottle in one of the shelves - this is a masterpiece from start to end!

View attachment 37808
Wow! That's a real piece of art. I've enjoyed their music, but through streaming, which robs us of such priceless art. Such carefully crafted albums have that audio-visual connection, like the live performance, which would increase our enjoyment by several notches :)

Wow! That's a real piece of art. I've enjoyed their music, but through streaming, which robs us of such priceless art. Such carefully crafted albums have that audio-visual connection, like the live performance, which would increase our enjoyment by several notches :)

Absolutely Sandeep! I make it a point to hold a CD case in my hand or have it on the center table in front of me during album listening sessions. I Sometimes I open the insert and glance through it. The more the senses (ears, eyes, touch) are engaged with the music, the more the enjoyment!

P.S. I just checked the designer of this album art and it’s one Dev Kabir Malik. Here’s what Mr Malik has to say about his design for the Silent Sea. If you are interested in making of album art, they explain here the philosophy that guided them in this design (a holistic project for the band): “The idea was for the art to represent objects that had been collected in an attempt to capture things that could not be contained - memories, thoughts and emotions.”

I saw the edit later. Very impressive indeed! Their work seems to be how the famous Dutch painter Vincent Van Gogh's maxim for a masterpiece was "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."

I have got this, Hard cover one . Sells for $290 +
I got it from a seconds sale during an abroad visit, few years back.
Still cherish it page by page and also got interested in collecting a few good looking ones, just for the covers....

100 Best Album Covers Paperback – September 23, 1999
by Storm Thorgerson (Author), Aubrey Powell (Author)
100 Best Album Covers Paperback.jpg100 Best Album Covers Paperback.jpg100 Best Album Covers Paperback.jpg100 Best Album Covers Paperback.jpg

6 pages and not one album art of Iron Maiden! :rolleyes:o_O

Mayank,
thread is not any group/band/artists specific. Its about any artistic or ones favourite album cover. Which can be any obscure artist or much liked group for ex. 'Iron Maiden'. You are most welcome to post it.
Regards.

Mayank,
thread is not any group/band/artists specific. Its about any artistic or ones favourite album cover. Which can be any obscure artist or much liked group for ex. 'Iron Maiden'. You are most welcome to post it.
Regards.
I know. Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back