Share your favorite Album cover art

my first scorps tape!!!!!!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p.s-i would have loved to upload scorps first big hit/controversial record's sleeve(virgin killer!) here but i am sure to be banned if i do that!....scorps really had naughty/controversial sleeves back then!.......google em up curious cats!!!!!

Last edited:
Yup the tape sleeve of the first 'scorpions-best of'ever releasd.i guess it was releasd in 1978-79!.it was their first ten years hits collectn!.early scorpions album sleeve were very flauntng/explicit/controversial!.google for 'scorpions-virgin killer'chk the album sleeve and they were literaly paedophilic!.
@above-that pic is a cd cover eh?

album-metal-heart.jpg

cover_494792422009.jpg

AlbumCovers-BlackSabbath-BornAgain%25281983%2529.jpg

album-magica.jpg

album-Slayer-Seasons-in-the-Abyss.jpg

Seasons in the Abyss - Slayer!

testament-return-to-the-apocalyptic-city-530-85.jpg

scorpions--blackout--albumcoverproject.com.jpg

scorpions--sting-in-the-tail--albumcoverproject.com.jpg

@ Denom - Thanks for posting

All these albums remind me of my college days!! Awesome i feel like listening to Slayer / Testament (Ritual & Low were too good)

:D which ones scared you Santhosh??? Always hunt for albums with morbid covers, really find this kind of art fascinating. Ones put up are not even half as scary as some explicit ones on most BM/DM Band Album Covers :licklips::eek:hyeah:

@ Denom - Thanks for posting

All these albums remind me of my college days!! Awesome i feel like listening to Slayer / Testament (Ritual & Low were too good)

@Crn12, your welcome uncle :eek:hyeah:;)

Both albums of Testament you've mentioned are really good ones, 'Low' being my fav Testament Album :yahoo: Get back to listening them & slayers 'seasons in the abyss' & 'reign in blood':licklips:

Great ! lots of contribution there. Thanks everyone. Though I am not metal music fan but I respect individual likings, but I never understood any relation between music and biting the head off of live Chicken and Bat on stage. If you know what I mean. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding album cover art, my personal opinion is showing violence and flesh is the easiest way to get out of the hardwork evolved in showing creativity. As mentioned in my first post I will be collecting meaningful and creative album art covers.
Best Regards

Last edited:
If you follow the album arts you would know that some of the artists were infatuated with a certain theme of their album arts - may be flesh, violence etc. It does not take away anything from their creative music. Neither do such album arts add anything to sales.

Those were some of the contoversial album arts in the history.

If you follow the album arts you would know that some of the artists were infatuated with a certain theme of their album arts - may be flesh, violence etc. It does not take away anything from their creative music. Neither do such album arts add anything to sales.
There seems to be a confusion I am talking about album art (have edited my post). Regarding sales, generally It's an open secret at any product launch companies resort to easiest way to be in the news by different means.
Those were some of the contoversial album arts in the history.
Album you mentioned I already posted in post #21. Thanks again and regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back