Sharp AH-X18PET split ac does not throw air from middle

rohitshakti

hi

I have Sharp AH-X18PET split ac.

From some days i am facing this problem. my ac does not throw air from middle of the indoor unit. But cold air is coming from the sides.

But sometimes it is throwing air from middle of the unit too. I tried every mode of the AC but can't understand. I even cleaned the while unit but all waste

pls help....

Hi,
I am also facing the same issue with my sharp split ac. What was the cause of this problem. And how did you solve it.

I had the same issue with my AH-XP 18MV which Rishiguru blogged for the company and we ended up buying ( not his fault at all) and now there's no support from Sharp. I resolved my issue by getting the fan and fins of the indoor unit cleaned properly by some knowledge able AC maintenance person. I hope your issue will be resolved too. Or else you will have to change the fan if the indoor unit. But get the indoor cleaned first and check.

now there's no support from Sharp.

There is still a customer-service number where a person will spout some rubbish but nothing ever happens. I wonder if they left their service agents out in the cold along with their customers.

Do not buy Sharp products!

:mad:

(cleaning the indoor unit fan, on any AC can improve its performance spectacularly. Even service guys miss this. Everyone cleans the filters: the fan gets forgotten)

how much should a new motor of indoor unit of sharp xp 18 model cost? not sure if i have been taken for a ride

A good lesson learnt after reading this thread! Not that I didn't know so earlier, but as it happens, one gets carried away from following the basics with time and over-indulgence with high-tech all over. On ACs, it is best with stick with absolute basic stuff from a good, visible brand with focus more on opting for a model 'just sufficient' for the cooling load requirement. Maybe, a notch less AC capacity on the needed load would suffice with the idea that the AC compressor should be operational for as long as it is switched on, and not run on-off during higher-load day hours.

But, this would call for experimentation, and then quiet acceptance later if AC load calculations end-up getting horribly wrong. :indifferent14: This season, I am planning to install a 0.75 ton 'simple' good brand AC for a space currently being serviced by an 'eleven year old' 1 ton moderate brand one. During the previous purchase, the half-wit retailer was trying to palm me off a 1.5 ton for the 155 sq. ft. room (with built-up area on all but one side, which has access to diffused light only)!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back