Shield pro vs Zidoo media player

Yes I agree, the pass through device should not influence the signal passing through it. However in reality it is entirely possible to degrade the signal passing through it, due to parts quality etc. In that respect the sound signal passing through zidoo z9x sounds significantly better to my ears than the one passing through the shield. For instance, the surround channels are more engaged, creating a better sound effect. I also feel subwoofer engagement is better, so whatever the zidoo is doing or not doing, the Shield is unable to do.
Cheers,
Sid
I honestly support this view surround sound effects are really v clear and highlightened compared with shield where they are muffled

I just found the existence of this media player (Zidoo) which sparked my curiosity. So far it seems good, but also I keep reading repeatedly that it's not good for online content. Is there a why to this? Laggy? Slow network?

I have a NAS for my plex and a gamepc for game streaming so these are features I really want/need.

Yes I agree, the pass through device should not influence the signal passing through it. However in reality it is entirely possible to degrade the signal passing through it, due to parts quality etc. In that respect the sound signal passing through zidoo z9x sounds significantly better to my ears than the one passing through the shield. For instance, the surround channels are more engaged, creating a better sound effect. I also feel subwoofer engagement is better, so whatever the zidoo is doing or not doing, the Shield is unable to do.
Cheers,
Sid
where did you buy the zidoo? I am holding out on the Z9X pro once its available and the only place I found which sells zidoo in India is avstore and there its overpriced heavily (mrp is 200 USD iirc for the Z9X).

where did you buy the zidoo? I am holding out on the Z9X pro once its available and the only place I found which sells zidoo in India is avstore and there its overpriced heavily (mrp is 200 USD iirc for the Z9X).
Picked up in us on amazon.com.
Cheers,
Sid

Zidoo products are also available at melodymedia.in.
Price of Z9X is the same as in avstore.in, but melodymedia offers an additional 5% discount.
Even Z9X Pro is available there now. Unfortunately, even after the discount, the prices are way too high.

Zidoo products are also available at melodymedia.in.
Price of Z9X is the same as in avstore.in, but melodymedia offers an additional 5% discount.
Even Z9X Pro is available there now. Unfortunately, even after the discount, the prices are way too high.
so I might as well take my chances with customs then? because the Z9X Pro comes out to 269 USD on Futeko.

Last edited:
This is just a heads up for people on the lookout for a Media Player.

The Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus (whew, that is a long name!) is now available in India. I saw it listed on the Melodymedia website just now.

This would be a good alternative to the Nvidia Shield Pro which isn't available in India, as the Dune is widevine certified, and can stream online services (OTT) like Netflix, Prime, et al. It can also play local media from a USB drive. And it plays Dolby Vision and HDR+ content. (Plenty of other features). It is $149 abroad, and INR 19,900.00 (with an 5% discount coupon) on the melodymedia website now.

Last edited:
I don't understand what it means when I hear that some media player supports Dolby Vision or HDR10+. These formats are meant to be interpreted by display units (like TV, monitors, projectors) who have hardware to display them. So media player only has to pass on this information as-it-is to display unit through HDMI. Any media player can do it then?

Same goes for media players claiming they have Dolby Atmos support. Doesn't means squat if media player only has to pass on this information to AVR.

Same goes for media players claiming they have Dolby Atmos support. Doesn't means squat if media player only has to pass on this information to AVR.

Agree they should just say they support passthrough of audio. Many devices do not passthrough Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA. Similarly, they need to have HDMI 2.0b to be able to passthrough Dolby Vision.

I am planning to buy Zidoo and confused between Zidoo Z9X PRO or Zidoo z10 pro. Z9X pro is new model and price at 33K which is same as Z10 Pro. Any help in deciding . I tried searching this model in US but couldn't find any link and it is not available in Amazon US, any idea how much it cost in US?

Thanks
Bhupi

I am planning to buy Zidoo and confused between Zidoo Z9X PRO or Zidoo z10 pro. Z9X pro is new model and price at 33K which is same as Z10 Pro. Any help in deciding . I tried searching this model in US but couldn't find any link and it is not available in Amazon US, any idea how much it cost in US?

Thanks
Bhupi
The Z9x Pro is a later model than the the Z10 Pro. It has a better chipset, and a few other additional capabilities (that I'm not fully sure of). (For most people's use the older Z9x will be fine).

The Z10 Pro is basically the old Z9x (non Pro version) with a HDD enclosure and a RCA output (AFAIK these are the only differences).

The Zidoo official Facebook group/page a a decent resource for information:

You could also check with the distributors. I bought my Z9x from Melodymedia and they were very forthcoming with comparison information. It's best to call them up.

The Z9x Pro is a later model than the the Z10 Pro. It has a better chipset, and a few other additional capabilities (that I'm not fully sure of). (For most people's use the older Z9x will be fine).

The Z10 Pro is basically the old Z9x (non Pro version) with a HDD enclosure and a RCA output (AFAIK these are the only differences).

You could also check with the distributors. I bought my Z9x from Melodymedia and they were very forthcoming with comparison information. It's best to call them up.
After waiting and reading comparisons and speaking to Melodymedia I bought Z10Pro. now hunting to buy hard drive for my Z10Pro.

Thanks

After waiting and reading comparisons and speaking to Melodymedia I bought Z10Pro. now hunting to buy hard drive for my Z10Pro.
I'm using the Z9x with a regular external USB HDD, even though I have a 1 TB naked HDD that I could use with the eSATA cable (with the Z9x, and with a 3.5" HDD dock with the source PC). I find it easier (less troublesome) to copy data into the drive by hooking it up to the source PC. An external drive is easily moved about. Copying over the network to the internal would likely take time. But this is very much based on individual preferences.

I'm using the Z9x with a regular external USB HDD, even though I have a 1 TB naked HDD that I could use with the eSATA cable (with the Z9x, and with a 3.5" HDD dock with the source PC). I find it easier (less troublesome) to copy data into the drive by hooking it up to the source PC. An external drive is easily moved about. Copying over the network to the internal would likely take time. But this is very much based on individual preferences.
Now I building my 4K movie , which website is best to download ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back