Shoes

I just realized that a Shoe I had picked up once at Seattle ( since the Woodlands I was using self destructed) is a Ecco Biom..found it amazingly comfortable with a great grip ! so now I have 2 Eccos and very impressed with their fit and comfort

Good to know that Saphir is available on Amazon.in - pricey though.
Thanks for the tip on the HH brushes! Must try and get one.

Saphir has an Indian website which does not pop up easily on Google when you are searching for Saphir products. You can order online from this site and the prices are much cheaper than what the resellers are selling on amazon.

There is also a Shoe store called "Bourgee" in Khan market. New Delhi, which sells world class shoes from different countries.Whenever you are in Delhi you can check out their shoe collection.

They also store Saphir products and the price is slightly cheaper than the Saphir India website.

Price comparison of Saphir products

Saphir Product X ( Price in INR )

UK - 1500/-
Thailand - 1900/-
Bourgee Store - 2200/-
Saphir India - 2500/-
Amazon India - 4500/-

Cheers.

Harry.

Last edited:
Full grain calf leather , Goodyear welted.

I am 5' 9". Heightwise I am an average man. Can anyone suggest any Indian brand that makes good, comfortable elevator shoes?

Shoe care in the time of Corona ..Paraboot Chambord , Cobbler Union Louis Boot, Cheany Avon brogue , JM Weston Golf , Herring Churchill captoe Oxford & Paraboot Avignon with some assorted shoe care items View attachment 44799

No japaani joota ?
Yeh patloon inglistani
Sar par Laal topi roosi
Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani

:))

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoe care in the time of Corona ..Paraboot Chambord , Cobbler Union Louis Boot, Cheany Avon brogue , JM Weston Golf , Herring Churchill captoe Oxford & Paraboot Avignon with some assorted shoe care items View attachment 44799
I think I would happily buy used hifi from you! I know it would have been maintained so well! Not just owning, but taking care. Superb!

The London Super Trunk Show has been postponed till October.
Bridlen shoes (www.bridlen.com ) that are made in India (Chennai) will also seek to make their foray into the already saturated European market. They have teamed up with the same folks that introduced the Spanish brand Meermin in Japan. The bespoke grade shoes of Bridlen (though steeply priced by Indian standards) are very elegant. I like the ones made on the more conservative Rui last. The shoes are made of French box calf and are “Goodyear welted shoes, with the welt seam made directly to a full leather insole, the old-school way without gemming (a canvas rib glued to the insole).”
At the Grand Trunk Show they will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Alan Botier , CNES ( of Vietnam ), Norman Vilalata, Paolo
Scafora , Septiume Largeuer and others .
Good stuff if you want support some made in India initiative and treat your self for having done your bit to save the country by staying home during the lockdown !

I will be honest here, h
The London Super Trunk Show has been postponed till October.
Bridlen shoes (www.bridlen.com ) that are made in India (Chennai) will also seek to make their foray into the already saturated European market. They have teamed up with the same folks that introduced the Spanish brand Meermin in Japan. The bespoke grade shoes of Bridlen (though steeply priced by Indian standards) are very elegant. I like the ones made on the more conservative Rui last. The shoes are made of French box calf and are “Goodyear welted shoes, with the welt seam made directly to a full leather insole, the old-school way without gemming (a canvas rib glued to the insole).”
At the Grand Trunk Show they will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Alan Botier , CNES ( of Vietnam ), Norman Vilalata, Paolo
Scafora , Septiume Largeuer and others .
Good stuff if you want support some made in India initiative and treat your self for having done your bit to save the country by staying home during the lockdown !
I will be honest here,.half the words went above my head! I am not ashamed to admit it. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back