Shoes

Thank you @moktan for this unique thread and for sharing your fascinating collection with us.
I prefer casual slip-on Sparx as they're very comfortable and fuss-free. Picked up a pair of Ruosh formals a few years ago. My most prized footwear however is a pair of formal Joy Shoes which I've carefully preserved since the last 25 years :D

WoW. what a thread. I think good tastes travel together. Good music, good wine and good shoes :cool:

I am not an aficionado. But I get bored by the same shoes quickly. So I always have a chest of 12 pairs of different types. Almost all are Clarks, as they are cheap considering how much they last. I never wear the same for 2 consecutive days. So you may call me cheap, fickle and vulgar.

Because they are of different colors, I get the polish (simple Cherry Blossom) of different colors from abroad. Now that travel has come to halt I have to look locally.

For running I have a pair of Nike Vomeros.

I found this interesting thread in another forum.
I wonder if we have such a thing as audiophile approved footwear. :cool:
More rubber for more absorption. Leather surfaces optimally treatment for high frequency scatter. Non strangulating fasteners for that open and airy feel. And overall construction optimized to give the wearer a sense of being there, right on the rocky road :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The fellmonger pebble grain loafers are Blake stitched and they look very good, I would love to have a pair in the hands.

@moktan any first/second hand experience with Fellmonger ? will need a good pair of black plain oxfords sometime..ideally with the Goodyear welt construction.

With my love for Ecco which I had bought during travel earlier they seems to have launched in india and also seem to have a formal collection at the cost of 6-7 LPs :)

@moktan any first/second hand experience with Fellmonger ? will need a good pair of black plain oxfords sometime..ideally with the Goodyear welt construction.

With my love for Ecco which I had bought during travel earlier they seems to have launched in india and also seem to have a formal collection at the cost of 6-7 LPs :)
Regret to inform that I do not have any experience with Fellmonger shoes. However Bourgee in New Delhi have recently refreshed their inventory of Berwick 1707 and Paco Milan shoes .. Berwick is a Spanish brand ( like TLB Mallorca ) and make good Goodyear welted shoes at ‘reasonable’ prices .. the Paco Milan shoes are Blake stitched .. they also have some limited models of the very highly rated Carmina in a few sizes .. I think the best Indian shoes are from Bridlen .. their founders line boast of shoes from the choicest leathers ( Weinheimer , Du Pay Box calfs ) and JR Rendenbach soles ..they also have their main line collection which is a step below their founders collection ( the difference is I think in the sole , these don’t have the famous JR soles but the construction is presumably the same ) .. you can get the straight tip Oxford from their mainline collection with the classic almond toe zip last .. with good rotation you could probably wear it for decades with the added bonus that they will presumably be the best looking shoes in the room ..

Thanks you. Spoke the owner of Fellmonger, seems like a nice guy. he will also build to custom if you need a Goodyear welt construction and even a sole like dainite ...with a return option for any tweaks etc. not in any hurry but looks like a good option !
Regret to inform that I do not have any experience with Fellmonger shoes. However Bourgee in New Delhi have recently refreshed their inventory of Berwick 1707 and Paco Milan shoes .. Berwick is a Spanish brand ( like TLB Mallorca ) and make good Goodyear welted shoes at ‘reasonable’ prices .. the Paco Milan shoes are Blake stitched .. they also have some limited models of the very highly rated Carmina in a few sizes .. I think the best Indian shoes are from Bridlen .. their founders line boast of shoes from the choicest leathers ( Weinheimer , Du Pay Box calfs ) and JR Rendenbach soles ..they also have their main line collection which is a step below their founders collection ( the difference is I think in the sole , these don’t have the famous JR soles but the construction is presumably the same ) .. you can get the straight tip Oxford from their mainline collection with the classic almond toe zip last .. with good rotation you could probably wear it for decades with the added bonus that they will presumably be the best looking shoes in the room ..

Last edited:
Thanks you. Spoke the owner of Fellmonger, seems like a nice guy. he will also build to custom if you need a Goodyear welt construction and even a sole like dainite ...with a return option for any tweaks etc. not in any hurry but looks like a good option !
That’s good to know. Craftoe shoes 6374415858 ( www.craftoe.com ) are also very responsive on WhatsApp. They don’t do welted construction for now , only Blake , but may be worth having a look at. Blake stitched soles are more elegant and comfortable to wear and is the preferred option of Italian shoemakers.

Bridlen shoes are good. I have a pair of Oxfords from their founders line and also Wingtip boots. Solid construction, good leather and outsole, great comfort. It's a different matter that that I have hardly got the opportunity to wear it since I purchased it.

Music, audio equipment, single malts..now shoes. What's next? Cigars? :)

Bridlen shoes are good. I have a pair of Oxfords from their founders line and also Wingtip boots. Solid construction, good leather and outsole, great comfort. It's a different matter that that I have hardly got the opportunity to wear it since I purchased it.

Watches :cool:

Camera lenses, cycling equipment, single malts, miniature cars... Name it and there is a way to spend money

Camera lenses,
Been there, done that.. :-(

The sudden change into mirrorless for serious photography and cellphone for casual snaps has left me with a huge inventory of glasses..

I have been shooting seriously for almost 30 years. Managed to change course from print film/ transparency to digital quite successfully. But Nikon not updating their D500 is a slap on my face.

But let's get back to shoes :)

Last edited:
Add Fountain pens to the list.
ha ha yes.thankfuly I stopped after a Waterman, Cross, Montblanc, Shaeffer, Parker ...and use none of them :(

add to that Watches, Perfumes (as above) , Ties, Suites ( Watch the channel Sartorial talks to hear a crazy frenchman) and you can be old and poor.

Been there, done that.. :-(

The sudden change into mirrorless for serious photography and cellphone for casual snaps has left me with a huge inventory of glasses..

I have been shooting seriously for almost 30 years. Managed to change course from print film/ transparency to digital quite successfully. But Nikon not updating their D500 is a slap on my face.

But let's get back to shoes :)
same here although only for 15 years...on a D750 now and not using it for more than 2 years now :(

Wine? Train & Aircraft Models?

Incredible thread Moktan and others! Signed up just to be able to see pictures of your lovely shoes, moktan. :)

Would love more information on your shoe care routines, people. I just use a brush to remove the dirt, use a shoe lotion and dry it. Follow it up by applying polish with a cloth, buffing it with a horse hair brush and then using a cloth to shine it. What do you guys do?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back