Shoes

Incredible thread Moktan and others! Signed up just to be able to see pictures of your lovely shoes, moktan. :)

Would love more information on your shoe care routines, people. I just use a brush to remove the dirt, use a shoe lotion and dry it. Follow it up by applying polish with a cloth, buffing it with a horse hair brush and then using a cloth to shine it. What do you guys do?
That is an excellent shoe care regimen.
If there is one product that can do all , tout court, I will vouch for this.
A 125 ml can will last years if you use sparingly — a dab every few months.
He +91 7503-230820 stocks it.
6B25E3C2-BB0C-4AF5-96EA-452375AE3F75.jpegI

A Project from a recent weekend:

1. mutta roast, Malabar biriyani, dry fry.(something burst up into the roof. Room mate had to clean up).

2. Restoration of a pair of 19 yr old florsheim Comfortech magneforce wingtip oxford golfing shoes. These were my fav pair for a long time and the leather is well worn and the shoes has beautifully broken in over the years. The leather uppers were always maintained in great condition with incredible patina. It's outer and inner sole that takes a beating. And boy have they been beaten! The uppers have been regularly moisturized, polished and allowed to breathe every fortnight. Regular usage for nearly 2 decades and a clumsy walk meant I kept bumping into steps and stones and doors. The scuff marks start building up in the tip. Two decades meant the leather soles had seen better days. I was looking at end of life for a thing of beauty. Can't let go a thing of beauty from the past now so easy--can we? With the wife busy with online classes, i started worked on them over weeks. Had them resoled with 3 tiers. First attempt was an utter failure--everything came apart at the seams. Had to resole again this weekend. Then used nail polish remover to clean up scuff marks and applied several layers of brown wax and buffed them up for a day or two. When the brown becomes too dark, need to lighten it. It takes a while to hit the right polish level. Now it's begining to look right. Need to bring back the shape and shine. Leather is the only other thing that gets better with age. I am nursing both those as we speak.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1627962234734.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962234734.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1627962230971.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962230971.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48
  • FB_IMG_1627962226982.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962226982.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1627962223049.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962223049.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1627962219192.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962219192.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1627962252921.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962252921.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 54
  • FB_IMG_1627962196527.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962196527.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1627962203225.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962203225.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
  • FB_IMG_1627962208135.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962208135.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1627962212777.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627962212777.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 47
Love your Newsboy caps collection

Where did you get them resoled ?

Last edited:

1. mutta roast, Malabar biriyani, dry fry.(something burst up into the roof. Room mate had to clean up).

2. Restoration of a pair of 19 yr old florsheim Comfortech magneforce wingtip oxford golfing shoes. These were my fav pair for a long time and the leather is well worn and the shoes has beautifully broken in over the years. The leather uppers were always maintained in great condition with incredible patina. It's outer and inner sole that takes a beating. And boy have they been beaten! The uppers have been regularly moisturized, polished and allowed to breathe every fortnight. Regular usage for nearly 2 decades and a clumsy walk meant I kept bumping into steps and stones and doors. The scuff marks start building up in the tip. Two decades meant the leather soles had seen better days. I was looking at end of life for a thing of beauty. Can't let go a thing of beauty from the past now so easy--can we? With the wife busy with online classes, i started worked on them over weeks. Had them resoled with 3 tiers. First attempt was an utter failure--everything came apart at the seams. Had to resole again this weekend. Then used nail polish remover to clean up scuff marks and applied several layers of brown wax and buffed them up for a day or two. When the brown becomes too dark, need to lighten it. It takes a while to hit the right polish level. Now it's begining to look right. Need to bring back the shape and shine. Leather is the only other thing that gets better with age. I am nursing both those as we speak.
Saphir Rénovateur would also be very good for cleaning.

And there has to be this one guy who wears his leathers (albeit cheap) during the rains. Me. Guess there is no cleaning that.

Last edited:
Love your Newsboy caps collection

Where did you get them resoled ?
Hi there. Thanks for noting the Easter egg in there. Left it as a bonus for the discerning. I have over 50 flat caps. Mostly collected over 10 years.

First time I had it resoled at 5th floor of forum mall Koramangala... There was a shoe restorer shop. I forget the name. The second I worked with Sarjapur road side cobbler with materials I bought from Amazon myself. It worked out best.

Saphir Rénovateur would also be very good for cleaning.
Thanks will try that next.

That is an excellent shoe care regimen.
If there is one product that can do all , tout court, I will vouch for this.
A 125 ml can will last years if you use sparingly — a dab every few months.
He +91 7503-230820 stocks it.
View attachment 60547I
Wonderful. I have been putting off buying this. Now I will take the plunge. What is your opinion of dazlo?

Can i also trouble you about an issue I am having with a leather belt of mine?

The patina looks gorgeous on those shoes!

Wonderful. I have been putting off buying this. Now I will take the plunge. What is your opinion of dazlo?

Can i also trouble you about an issue I am having with a leather belt of mine?
i am sorry before hand but
anything for a good dosa sambar, trouble away

Leather belts: buy reversible. Buy buckle which can be removed and refitted. Bulchee makes these types with very nice facing plate. If you flat abs they will stay put when neatly tucked in. Do joy store leather belts in dark cupboards for too long. Air them every week. Best is to have 3 or 4 which you rotate often.

There was a Brooks brothers Horoween shell cordovan belt available in an Indian site on a good discount. I had to return it because the quality control was very poor. Shell is two medallions of membrane on the butt of the horse ,so a belt is made of three segments. But these segments were in different shades and there were scuff marks on them.

Wow. I have the exact Florshiems. Must be more than 10 years old. A bit tight, hence not worn much. In rather good shape they are. Your photos inspire me to take them out again.

Found another 2 more Indian shoe maker.
1. https://www.blkbrdshoemaker.com/collections/men with primarily goodyear welt and norwegian welt shoes!
2. https://thedapperman.in/collections/goodyear-welted. again with some really nice formal shoes.
I have ordered a tanker boot from Bridlen in cuoio ( leather in Italian ) color . Since I cannot go to them for the trial , based on my inputs regarding sizing, they will be sending me two shoes ( with 0.5 difference in size ) built on the same last ( saga) as the boots. Once I try them out and find the size that fits me the best, they will make the shoe. They will also arrange with the courier for the pickup of these trial shoes. So far the experience with them have been very good. They are prompt on email and whatsapp , and since they have been making shoes for the very discerning Japanese market , I eagerly look forward to trying their boots and then some more. 80CF4F69-65BC-4CDF-8A61-F586921615B5.jpeg

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back