Shoot Out In Navi Mumbai !!!(Mumbai Meet 2013)

denom

Banned
Banned
Hi all,
Finally the meet of Mumbai chapter of Hi-Fi Vision is gonna take place on 10th of February 2013. Details as follows:

Venue: Conference Rooms 1 & 2, 1st Floor, Hotel MidTown Yogi, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai
Timing: 10am to 1900 pm 10th, February 2013
Organisers: Hemantwaghe, Santy & Denom

Agenda:
1)To Acquire Listening impressions for Audio & Video Gears Audio in Hall No.1 & Video/HT in 2nd in Hall No.2
2)Meeting fellow FMs/Friends/AV Lovers, acquiring listening/learning of gears available @ Meet.
3)ENJOY!!!

We humbly request all FM's on the forum to come for the meet & make it a success. We sincerely want to build on the foundation we laid during the 1st meet. People interested in bringing their gears are requested to kindly update the same on the spreadsheet that will be attached by Santy in the following post. Hemant will also be posting more details of the meet in his post.

We also request FMs to be volunteers for setting up gears/taking charge of the demos planned for the meet. Request Spirovious, DarshanJoshi, The coolestone & others to put their hands up for being volunteers & taking things forward.

Looking forward to another rocking meet, lets have fun !!!

:)

Thanks Denom, finally we could roll this out though an entire year has gone.

Last time, FMs appreciated the venue so we have frozen it for this time too.
Its a little far for Mumbai guys but it will help Pune guys whom we expect in good nos. this time.

We are yet to decide on the cost since the menu is still not finalized. We are trying to keep minimum items so that we do not spend too much time on lunch and feel sleepy due to glucose rush. Will announce the cost shortly.

This time we are taking take two halls (Aurum and Lilly). Medium and smaller sized. Both are carpeted and have wooden walls on some sides. We can plan it anyway members would suggest. If there are enough members interested, we can dedicate the smaller hall for HT (challenge is to have a big display).

We will make it an event of shootouts- Speakers, DAC/ CDP, Amplifier by keeping other components constant and swapping one component, over three categories, entry level, mid-range and high end (if available). Similarly, we can have speakers constant and change AVRs and later keep AVR frozen and swap speakers/ sub. We can include Analog this time, again Janta ki choice.

Members are requested to bring only such gear which are available in market and bring as many as you can carry. Not to forget cables and power strips. If anyone has speaker A/B switch it would be great. No scoring chart this time. We will just rate them in our mind.

No restrictions on number of participants, more the merrier. You can bring your friends/colleagues as well. If we get a media coverage (prior to the event) we can expect some walk-in also. And yes, lobbies and corridors are open for loud chit chat! :D

Important request : Those FMs with good photography skills are requested to please come equipped. We certainly need you!

Any suggestions to make this event more interesting, more enjoyable and more useful are welcome.
Hope we will have a blasting time on Feb 10th. :)

Attendance and gear list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsF1Y4ewgKHidE9QMXN1LV84MDA5bzh4dVBWdUFSSGc

Location pics
Small hall
11112011.jpg

11112011a.jpg

Big hall
novszd.jpg

zsmlu0.jpg

Road map
Map_Yog.jpg

'Blast' from the past :)
PC110206.jpg

Last edited:
Dave ,Santy thanks.. great to take this imitative to post ; as ( members may be unaware) that this was in planning phase for long but due to work load we were not able to implement for last 3-4 months

Now Dave has started the ball rolling here my requests and thoughts

1) Volunteers we need you & we need more. When we are exploring possibility of 2 rooms ;we want expert volunteers, to arrange gears , cables , take notes and for maintain the flow and peace.

2) AV Room if it happens we have not thought any structure ; suggestions welcome.also think of getting a master display or projector

3) Guys this meet may not be as petulant as last time we are being honest we paid a decent amount from our ( myself , denom & santy) own pockets. Costs have gone up too. So meal may be simpler again remember it is 4 star and t-shirts seems impossible. Of course you will not be hungry --- do not worry ( when fatso like me is there)!

4) 4) Decorum Im very sorry to write this AND HONESTLY FOR ONLY 3 PERSONS IN MEET ( 2 MEMBERS AND NON MEMBER WHO IS RESPECTED PERSON IN AUDIO).. guys please maintain some basic decorum and peacewe encourage healthy discussion ,and of course we will be there more to meet each other than to listen ,we encourage chit chat , discussion .in moderate quantities and healthy level.
In In last meet these 3 persons reached level of cheapness , with shouting their comments sometimes with mc bc , one of them was sitting on other persons laps ( I think in grown up girls sit on boyfriends lap ) , about whom we got molestation complaint :mad::mad:last of our expectation!!! We never thought anyone considering HFV a dating site!!! Respecting his inclination and preference :rolleyes::rolleyes:please understand you must have consent from other person or there will be consequences!
Jokes apart we ARE NOT SAYING WE WILL BE STRICT THIS TIME. We will just catch hold any hoodlums and discuss their behavior in front of everyone and let us ALL ATTENDEES TAKE A CALL!!

5) In a special point I am saying that barring these 3 rest of the guys behavior , reactions and support was fantastic !!! Guys we want that .we were surprised that a lot of guys ,who met us first time ,met like old friends !!We want to make it a rocking event and we want your support , help ,attendance and volunteering more this time!!

6) Special request to Pune members PLEASE ATTEND WE EXPEREINCED YOUR HOSPITABALITY TWICE NOW GIVE US A CHANCE!!

7) Anyone coming from outside , in Mumbai on the same time ,or specially coming for this ,please contact we will try to assist in all possible ways,if required try to locate decent hotels ..

LET US ROCK!!!

Hi all,
We also request FMs to be volunteers for setting up gears/taking charge of the demos planned for the meet. Request Spirovious, DarshanJoshi, The coolestone & others to put their hands up for being volunteers & taking things forward.

Looking forward to another rocking meet, lets have fun !!!
:)

Thanks,waiting for Mumbai meet since December & finally the date declared.:yahoo:
I/we are certainly there as last time to make the meet success. Cheers.

I/we are certainly there as last time to make the meet success. Cheers.

You mean you will come late this time too??:eek:hyeah:

Members:
1. denom
2. Santy
3. hemantwaghe
4. shaiju_o_thomas
5. TheCoolestOne
6. spirovious
7. docd
8. mpw

Last edited:
count me in too..

subject to unforeseen last moment stuff.... we are scheduled for a turnaround job in a refinery about the same time.. and as normal the dates can be plus minus about the 10th feb..but i think i should make it....

rgds,
mpw

4) 4) Decorum Im very sorry to write this AND HONESTLY FOR ONLY 3 PERSONS IN MEET ( 2 MEMBERS AND NON MEMBER WHO IS RESPECTED PERSON IN AUDIO).. guys please maintain some basic decorum and peacewe encourage healthy discussion ,and of course we will be there more to meet each other than to listen ,we encourage chit chat , discussion .in moderate quantities and healthy level.
In In last meet these 3 persons reached level of cheapness , with shouting their comments sometimes with mc bc , one of them was sitting on other persons laps ( I think in grown up girls sit on boyfriends lap ) , about whom we got molestation complaint :mad::mad:last of our expectation!!! We never thought anyone considering HFV a dating site!!! Respecting his inclination and preference :rolleyes::rolleyes:please understand you must have consent from other person or there will be consequences!
Jokes apart we ARE NOT SAYING WE WILL BE STRICT THIS TIME. We will just catch hold any hoodlums and discuss their behavior in front of everyone and let us ALL ATTENDEES TAKE A CALL!!

5) In a special point I am saying that barring these 3 rest of the guys behavior , reactions and support was fantastic !!! Guys we want that .we were surprised that a lot of guys ,who met us first time ,met like old friends !!We want to make it a rocking event and we want your support , help ,attendance and volunteering more this time!!

Yep, like this open talk and feedback is appreciated about mentioning the unpleasantness happened in the meet. Let everybody understand the other members feelings and for the purpose they are coming to attend the meet. We may be gurus but not the others.

We can know only thru Photos so far professionally(corporate type) conducted meet has happened in Mumbai.

I can count this time also you can set an example..:)

Regards

This time we are taking take two halls (Aurum and Lilly). Medium and smaller sized. Both are carpeted and have wooden walls on some sides. We can plan it anyway members would suggest. If there are enough members interested, we can dedicate the smaller hall for HT (challenge is to have a big display).

We will make it an event of shootouts- Speakers, DAC/ CDP, Amplifier by keeping other components constant and swapping one component, over three categories, entry level, mid-range and high end (if available). Similarly, we can have speakers constant and change AVRs and later keep AVR frozen and swap speakers/ sub. We can include Analog this time, again Janta ki choice.

Important request : Those FMs with good photography skills are requested to please come equipped. We certainly need you!

Any suggestions to make this event more interesting, more enjoyable and more useful are welcome.
Hope we will have a blasting time on Feb 10th. :)

My personal suggestion is to utilise both halls for Music Purpose and also include Analog. I feel there are more options to explore Music compared to HT. One Hall can be used for Entry & Mid Fi and another can be used for Hi Fi and Analog.

Since we have both Entry level and Hi Fi in the same meet, we tend to start with Entry level and end up with Hifi for obvious reasons. My past experiences from meet is that we do not maximise time for Hifi. eg. Even in recent Pune meet, I felt we did not pair more speakers with the likes of Pass B1 & Electrocompanient, Emotiva Pre + Rotel Monos, Krell 300, etc.

I have nothing against Entry Level and I also know that most FM's including me look for budget system. Just a suggestion since we have two rooms. As you rightly said, Janata ki choice. Let FM's decide. If FM's really want HT, please go ahead with it.

I will nominate for whatever help I can extend. I also nominate for photography.

Special Thanks to all the Organisers.

+1 to DJ,we have been doing HT at dealer's place(say avenuesound,Cinebels)with proper demo room.Our meet can be limited to Stereo mid/High end setups.Entry levels can easily be auditioned at AV shops,but high end are little difficult.We can request FM to get their quality one stuffs (like Naim,Accuphase) or so as to experience better system.
There can be 2 categories,midend system(30 to 50k), highend(50k & above).

Spiro & Darshan,

Wise thinking ,and thanks for such a quick response.

We organizers thought about complexity of AV rig it Has a Display , Source(s) , AVR , 6 (5.1) speakers and numerous interconnects .. In fact mere thought of changing 1 rig to another says NOOOO .honestly as a seller I STOPPED selling AVR and AV rig for sheer complications and setup issues

AND AGAIN WE ORGANIZERS WERE CONSIDEING BEST PERSONS TO CONDUCT THE MEET ARE DR. SPIRO , DARSHAN & SHUMS ( THECOOLESTONE)

Now if 2 stalwarts are saying then from my side the call is let it be low- mid & mid high end kind of shootout.

Dr. Spiro & DJ thanks for suggestion once again ,and seeking your active help as always.

FMs more thoughts please. Also please let us know who else are coming.

Hemant

Great going...

Members:
1. denom
2. Santy
3. hemantwaghe
4. shaiju_o_thomas
5. TheCoolestOne
6. spirovious
7. docd
8. mpw
9. darshanjoshi
10. gsurya
11. anuragn
12. prasanth.kumar81
13. kapvin

So for now, HT remains scrapped until we get many fresh votes in favour of it; very unlikely though. We can have low to mid end in one hall and mid to high end in another. What goes in which hall depends on the no. of gears, so please fill up the excel sheet, link given in post #2! :licklips:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back