Shoot Out In Navi Mumbai !!!(Mumbai Meet 2013)

This is a SUPERB CD. Any serious Audiophile must have it in his collection. I bought mine 2 or 3 years ago from KJ, and I still frequently use it.

Yes;
This is a ref level CD - I got it from D.M. [owner of Manger] many years back - Germany & have used it since - Like it a lot;;

Even then, for the best quality... (IMHO) you cant beat the Original disc... a CDR can never match it.... but that is another story ;)

Yes;
No CDR can play like the original CD.

Thankyou Dinyar for your Cd. Much appreciated//
via your personal systems, were your personal systems capable of coming anywhere close to the pmc's? If yes, what r ur setups?

I am not sure if I can comment on this - since I want not present @ 'shoot out'; However, I have heard most PMC's & do feel that my TAD's with the CC's play way better than the PMC's [Sorry Nexus Audio] !

edge111Hussain

The PMC setup at the Vashi meet was a VERY Good gear. The setup had a retail list of probably 15 Lakhs.

You have clearly begun your audiophile journey ... remember there is no destination... the journey goes on endlessly, so enjoy the journey and dont hold yr breath in anticipation of the destination ;)

Excellent observation - yes, this journey has many bends & the terrain goes up & down but there is no destination in sight...

Great Posts - All the Best !!

All fm's who received the cd, via your personal systems, were your personal systems capable of coming anywhere close to the pmc's? If yes, what r ur setups?

There are Many many systems in Mumbai and various parts of India that equal or exceed the benchmark set by the PMC system, which represented a "Neutal" setup.

Different folks appreciate music differently, and have different priorities. As a result, what is appreciated by one may not be appreciated by another, though both systems may be very good in their own way.

Seek out and hear different set up, and enjoy ...:)

There are Many many systems in Mumbai and various parts of India that equal or exceed the benchmark set by the PMC system, which represented a "Neutal" setup.

Different folks appreciate music differently, and have different priorities. As a result, what is appreciated by one may not be appreciated by another, though both systems may be very good in their own way.

Seek out and hear different set up, and enjoy ...:)

Yesterday, Denom was at my home listening to this reference CD with my new TL FS speakers. May be he can comment though the source, Amps, interconnect & speaker cables were all entry level.

No no, With my comment what i meant is, is there a lower budget system that comes close to the sound reproduction of the PMC. Like i said, dali are Rs 1.25l speakers and Paradign Studio 100 after discounts comes to 1.8 and both are no where close to what i heard.

Safely assuming, that most FM's present at the meet wouldnt have a home system worth around 15l, were their very own personal setup's coming anywhere close to the pmc's sound reproduction? And if yes, then what are your setup's?

All fm's who received the cd, via your personal systems, were your personal systems capable of coming anywhere close to the pmc's? If yes, what r ur setups?

Some observations here.. The PMC was played at a relatively higher volume than my normal listening level. The room size went pretty large and goes well with the size of the PMC Woofer size and room filling effect was very good. Overall the sound was really nice on non torture tracks.
I am not too sure whether the sound was absolute neutral as I have never heard the songs performed live or at the studio.

Chicago soundtrack that was played at my request was not up to my enjoyment. I have watched the musical live, I have not heard the track as when recorded but watched the movie few times in a competent HT as well as at cinemas. Also the OST was heard many times on various systems and I see that PMC system was not enjoyable for this particular original CD and it seems that is the "Hollywood Studio way of mixing!". Luckily my current and previous systems are much tolerant for the Hollywood studio mix and the tracks are much enjoyable. I can not vouch on the neutral nature of these systems.
One other observation is the Bass response of the PMC speakers - I find them to be, for not knowing how to explain better, does have a bit of over hang. That is bass starts alright but it does not stop immediately. A little bit lack of precision the way stop happens.

So my system does not come close to PMC set up and in some ways I am glad it does not!

For all those who want to burn me on my observations - It is totally fine to voice your comments - but keep it limited to my observations and the sound you experienced with PMC set up

Introducing SMD Monitor AM-150H is a 16Kg. 150 watts Active Monitor with 8" LF driver and a 26mm silk dome Tweeter. It has twin XLR inputs and one XLR output (features that no studio monitor offers at 4 times the cost). It has separate gain controls for each of the input and also a master gain control. Three way analogue tone controls let one add the spice preferred by each individual. The crossover point is carefully selected at 1800 Hz and the x-over used is 24db/oct. very powerful and very clean sound. Easily ready to take on areas upto 1000 sq ft. Other features include auto signal cut off. the monitors automatically cut off the signals to the drivers when it senses no input for over 15 min. The best part is the price tag. We are pricing it at just INR. 24000/- ea.(under USD 500/-). We also have the studio version of the monitor AM-150S with flat response lock (no tone controls).
Timeline Photos | Facebook

Timeline Photos | Facebook

Hi all,
Finally the meet of Mumbai chapter of Hi-Fi Vision is gonna take place on 10th of February 2013. Details as follows:

Venue: Conference Rooms 1 & 2, 1st Floor, Hotel MidTown Yogi, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai
Timing: 10am to 1900 pm 10th, February 2013
Organisers: Hemantwaghe, Santy & Denom

Agenda:
1)To Acquire Listening impressions for Audio & Video Gears Audio in Hall No.1 & Video/HT in 2nd in Hall No.2
2)Meeting fellow FMs/Friends/AV Lovers, acquiring listening/learning of gears available @ Meet.
3)ENJOY!!!

We humbly request all FM's on the forum to come for the meet & make it a success. We sincerely want to build on the foundation we laid during the 1st meet. People interested in bringing their gears are requested to kindly update the same on the spreadsheet that will be attached by Santy in the following post. Hemant will also be posting more details of the meet in his post.

We also request FMs to be volunteers for setting up gears/taking charge of the demos planned for the meet. Request Spirovious, DarshanJoshi, The coolestone & others to put their hands up for being volunteers & taking things forward.

Looking forward to another rocking meet, lets have fun !!!

:)
Dear Sir

any more such meetings....?
Can I get for repairs etc.... in Kalyan Please
regards
Bhandarkar

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back