Shoot Out In Navi Mumbai !!!(Mumbai Meet 2013)

damn i again missed it this year.
there should be a funda of tagging people on the posts. that would help people like us who have been tied up with work.

SIR AAP BAHOT BADE HO GAYE...

TRIED TO CALL YOU - IN FACT WANTED TO CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR NEW VENTURE -- I think now you sleep daytime post your night shieft ( Members our friend Amit started a fundoo events company - amit correct me if I am wrong) and conducting a lot of musical events like DJ events , house music etc....

Amit ---buddy you were one of the the first person whom we wanted for event and as volenteer.....

thanks Hemant. just getting my feet held in a tight market already.
have another event coming up on 2 march.
getting Universal Village to play live.

next time plan and i shall be there. no excuses (although i should just know about it ;) )

Just kinda recovering from a severe bout of food posioning/stomach bug.
Did anyone have an upset tummy after the meet? :p

What type of joke it was..

Normally food poisioning happens with a large number (or all) of the group who consume that food ( doctors in forum -I think I am right)...

Now out of 50 attendees - only one complains - so that is called allergy -right? As rest 49 guys ( including me) did NOT find anything wrong....

Or I am confused???? Correct me if I am wrong..

Srinii , Captain and other arrangers of south meet point to be noted - ask visitors to get tiffins!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo:

thanks Hemant. just getting my feet held in a tight market already.
have another event coming up on 2 march.
getting Universal Village to play live.

next time plan and i shall be there. no excuses (although i should just know about it ;) )

BTW buddy all the best - and start a thread as your venture about music and I know how stressful arranging event is - in the time of weird crowd and moral police!!!

Expecting your thread...

buddy i dont think the moderators would allow me to do so cause its a commercial venture.
if i have a go ahead then for sure i shall start a thread.

My gratitude to Dinyar (Amp_nut) for a happy culmination of an otherwise bad day in office. I treated myself to his splendid gift at one go, the moment I saw it waiting all packed up on my return from work. Easily one of the top 3 in my collection of exquisitely done recordings.

I am sure some drum tracks would be clocking below 4 ohms at some stretches. Since I was playing loud (70/151) on my Krell, the amp was pleasantly warm by the time it concluded. Juuust fantastic selections and SQ. Be it the female vocals or the tight bass, everything came out pristine. The Krypton TL FS did full justice throughout the 'live' performance!

I thank him yet once again for his generous gesture .... :clapping:

Yesterday I have received 9 more requests for CDs. All of them will be couriered out today.

With this, my offer is now closed.

Amp_Nut (Dinyaar),

I recieved the CD this evening. :yahoo: I didn't get tthe time to go thru it as yet but the songs list/genre looks very impressive. :licklips:

Also impressive is the inlay card with the song/artist names that yoou included. Wow you really did take trouble to print those out.

I cant wait to have a go at the CD :):eek:hyeah:

Thank you so much for the CD. :thumbsup: Its really a great gesture on your part.

Thanks Dinyar. I too received the CD. You have taken pains to buy blank CDs, burn them and courier them to everyone who asked for it. It shows your magnanimity. :clapping:

This is one of the best collection of test tracks according to me.I had Polk's top of the line Lsi9 speakers and some of the tracks were so demanding that they squeezed the juice out of them.. :eek:hyeah:

bleeding_speakers_speckcase-p176977871858674788en8ca_400.jpg

I made my wife to listen and she simply froze. :lol:

Last edited:
For all who appreciated the CD given by FM amp_nut(Dinyar), here is another deadly Test CD - infact 10 of them which are Manger Test CD's. They are with Khusrau Jilla who also represents Manger in India. Mind you he is not giving them away free as each CD costs 1500/- Rupees. So if anyone is interested in 1, then pls do contact him on his email id: [email protected]

Link to the Manger Test CD info:

Manger - Precision in Sound

What type of joke it was..

Normally food poisioning happens with a large number (or all) of the group who consume that food ( doctors in forum -I think I am right)...

Now out of 50 attendees - only one complains - so that is called allergy -right? As rest 49 guys ( including me) did NOT find anything wrong....

Or I am confused???? Correct me if I am wrong..

Srinii , Captain and other arrangers of south meet point to be noted - ask visitors to get tiffins!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo:
Hemant sir-
I honestly didn't expect anyone to take that seriously. I am sorry to hear you consider it a complaint- it is not.
I truly enjoyed being there with you'll as i am still an unhatched egg in audiophile world and i picked some so many bits and pieces from all i could speak to.
Sincere apologies once again and i wish i could delete that stupid line.
Please do let me know if you would like me to apologise in some other manner for that stupid comment of mine!! :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the trouble to your ever growing tummy Bikey! :) Take care mate. At Hemant and Santy take it lightly, there could be cases, and I am sure the social animal Bikey is, he's taken it well.
As for the staying on the forums, well hes a veteran and belongs among the highly loved (respected ?) forum members.
Peace to all, and looking forward to attending at least the next Mumbai meet.

PS: @Bikey, Sarang here

Thank you once again Dinyar to introduce me to this wonderful artist - Hugh Masakela. I am not much into non-Indian music and used to only listen to the mainstream artists (e.g. Adele) but after listening this artist, I went and heard his works and was so impressed that I started listening to a LOT of jazz and similar genre of music.

Can you guys recommend some good Jazz artist worth listening to. I'm going to start with John Coltrane.

Denom Said:

For all who appreciated the CD given by FM amp_nut(Dinyar), here is another deadly Test CD - infact 10 of them which are Manger Test CD's. They are with Khusrau Jilla who also represents Manger in India. Mind you he is not giving them away free as each CD costs 1500/- Rupees. So if anyone is interested in 1, then pls do contact him on his email id: [email protected]

This is a SUPERB CD. Any serious Audiophile must have it in his collection. I bought mine 2 or 3 years ago from KJ, and I still frequently use it.

APK Said:

If I could just bring out one inconvenince with the CD, I would say that since this is a collection, the volume levels for each one of the tracks are not the same. Since my amplifier does not have a remote control, I had to lift myself up quite a few times to adjust the volume levels.....so along with the music system, I too got a good workout

Thanks again....

APK

APK, I have compiled the CD taking utmost care not to deteriorate the technical quality f of each of the tracks, taken from 10 different CDs.

All tracks were ripped to WAV files using Exact Audio CD (EAC - freeware) and then burnt on the CDR without ANY processing at all.

Equalising the volume of all tracks on the CD could cause some tracks to clip. Since this was meant to provide pristine recording quality, no level equalisation was implemented.

Even then, for the best quality... (IMHO) you cant beat the Original disc... a CDR can never match it.... but that is another story ;)

Thankyou Dinyar for your Cd. Much appreciated//

Finally i know for a fact that the pmc's r a different league altogether.
For the longest time, i thought that a speaker wont be able to compete with headphones. The pmc's have changed that perception to an extent i guess.

After receiving dinyaar's Cd, i converted the songs to flac and transferred em to my S9 and usb pen drive connected to my Xtreamer. Now my reference song is Huge Masekela - Stimela. Heard the same song via S4, hm5, senn hd-485, hd-595, HD-600, Beyer Dt-880 and UE tf-10. Also connected them via my humble Paradigm mini monitors and Bose lifestyle 38 system (Directly from Cd).
Nothing, and i mean nothing came close to the pmc's. The soundstage was at a different level altogether/ Now just before the meet i had heard the same song via the dali's and paradign's studio 100. No competition again. (both stereo setups connected to Yamaha as-1000).

All fm's who received the cd, via your personal systems, were your personal systems capable of coming anywhere close to the pmc's? If yes, what r ur setups?

edge111Hussain

The PMC setup at the Vashi meet was a VERY Good gear. The setup had a retail list of probably 15 Lakhs.

Further, IMHO KJ sets up systems Superbly, .... the best I have known, bar none. You would have seen the pains that he went through even at Vashi.

While you do have a great collection of Cans, improvements in the rest of yr set up, specially the front end will readily show up, and justify fresh investments.

Its Great that you have the PMC sound as an aspirational Reference. You have clearly begun your audiophile journey ... remember there is no destination... the journey goes on endlessly, so enjoy the journey and dont hold yr breath in anticipation of the destination ;)

Thank you very much Mr Dinyar.

This CD provided good judgement for my new diy GR Research speakers. All drum tracks made me to adjust mid LF and LF by adjusting polyfill. Now I can claim, my speakers get bottom of controlled LF.

Thank you again.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back