Shoot Out In Navi Mumbai !!!(Mumbai Meet 2013)

I think I have missed a few, sorry about that. And correct me if I have wrongly tagged :):p

faces_zps2e6fd4bc.jpg

faces4_zps63718f19.jpg

faces5_zps4bc0fcb5.jpg

faces7_zpscbc66720.jpg

faces3_zps071f7dc4.jpg

facesf_zps9cad1fea.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
Guys - a few more reviews of the SMD's bookshelves would help. How would they sound without a DAC - just powered by a TP20?

You forgot to tag the last picture. :p

Which one you are referring to?

Also 2 in the last row(2nd picture).:D

The one in white shirt is Joydeep. I didnt bother to ask her name. :rolleyes:

Guys - a few more reviews of the SMD's bookshelves would help. How would they sound without a DAC - just powered by a TP20?

You cannot play anything without DAC (barring TTs).
AVI has DAC inside but SMDs are passive speakers.
You would need Player -> DAC -> Amp -> SMD Speakers

Is there a TP20 like product in the DAC world? i.e. low budget but still terrific value for money?

I wonder if DACs costing upto Rs 15,000 are significantly better than the sound cards that come built into Computers and laptops ?

I am looking forward to Murg Handi's report. He seems rather silent. All eaten up over something? ;)

(Nice to see the pics: thanks for annotating/posting)

I wonder if DACs costing upto Rs 15,000 are significantly better than the sound cards that come built into Computers and laptops ?

As per my experience, my answer would be:
Stand-alone DAC costing bet'n 13k to 15k like Beresford Caiman, are definitely better than soundcard built into motherboard of computers and Laptops.

Only separate soundcards like Asus essence ST, or Juli@ (costing 8k-10k) may come close to Stand-alone DAC costing bet'n 13k to 15k.

Regds,

Stand-alone DAC costing bet'n 13k to 15k like Beresford Caiman, are definitely better than soundcard built into motherboard of computers and Laptops.

Beresford is in a totally different league I guess. Even Headphone DACs like Fiio or Nuforce costing less than 5k are anyday better than a typical onboard sound card.

Guys, some of you may recall that I had brought along a CDR compilation of 'audiophile music'.

I am reiterating my offer made at the Venue.

If Any of you want a copy of that CD, please just PM me the address and tel number ( Tel required by the courier). I will send you a copy Free.

... Yes, those that did not attend or are not even in or around Mumbai are welcome to ask for a copy of the compilation.

If any of you guys are feeling generous, please contribute a touch to the 3 Great guys who organised the meet... and ended up Out-Of-Pocket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself."
Galileo Galilei - Italian astronomer & physicist (1564 - 1642)

Received the CD.. Thank you soooooooo much.. It's really a GEM.. A must have for any audiophile..I must appreciate your initiative..Today I realized how beautiful and quality sound system I have.. I am really happy that I enjoyed each & every track on my system..I feel proud to have such nice friends like you on the Hifi vision forum..Thanks and regards

Amp_Nut;468596[B said:
If Any of you want a copy of that CD, please just PM me the address and tel number ( Tel required by the courier). I will send you a copy Free.[/B]

Thank you very much Dinyaar, I got the three CDs. I'd distribute them as discussed over PM.

Hello Capt Rajesh,

Glad to know that you have received the CDs.

I have sent out about 10 CDs ( All requests received till then ) upto Friday. 9 of these by courier. One to an area not covered by my courier has been posted. Most of the courier copies should reach you guys by Monday / Tuesday... Latest. If you guys do not receive, please let me know.

I have received about 5 requests over the weekend which I will send out tomorrow.

My aim for this exercise is to share some well recorded music that will Show case YOUR system....

And as the next step help you explore optimising the setup like positioning the speakers. ( eg a Toe out will reduce harsh treble and expand the sound stage, but make the sound image some what less focused. )

It is rewarding to see a message I received today from "umapati"
Received the CD.. Thank you soooooooo much.. It's really a GEM.. A must have for any audiophile..I must appreciate your initiative..Today I realized how beautiful and quality sound system I have.. I am really happy that I enjoyed each & every track on my system..I feel proud to have such nice friends like you on the Hifi vision forum..Thanks and regards

I would encourage a discussion thread on what each of the CD recepients feel about specific tracks. Please share even your negative (* and ofcourse Positive !) feedback !

Cheers

P.S: On a personal level, I am Dinyar, not Dinyaar who is another FM altogether, whom I have not met ..

Attachments

• Track List.jpg
    Track List.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 207
Hello Everyone,

I am delighted to have received an Overwhelming response from Forum Members. So far I have received requests and sent out more than 25 CDs. Its great to see this kind of enthusiasm. I hope that atleast some of you will find the CD content enjoyable and a useful aid in exploring and improving the sound of your own system ( not necessarily by making new purchases ).

As of now, i have sent ou CDs to everyone who has requested, except FM: kneo since ZI am out of CDs.

I would like to make my final bunch of CDs tonight and then close my offer.

Hence if any one who has not already written and asked for a CD wants a copy, please send me a personal message by 9 pm today.

Please Do Not forget to mention your detailed postal address and Mobile Number ( required by the courier).

Cheers

Thanks Amp_nut for gr8 offer, appreciate your sincere efforts.
Even though the offer is closed,once the CD is received by FM,they can share it with others.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back