Shoot Out In Navi Mumbai !!!(Mumbai Meet 2013)

Yesterday I have received 9 more requests for CDs. All of them will be couriered out today.

With this, my offer is now closed.

It would be nice to receive feedback from the CD recipients on the CD content.

The CD does is NOT a compilation of torture tracks, but generally consists of simple, clean recordings that will show up the strengths of practically any system.

Its when the same tracks are heard on a more capable setup will you realise that even better reproduction is possible.

The tracks can also be used for properly setting up your speakers in the room, listening to improvements by change of a system component, etc.

Hope you enjoy the disc, its NOT an ultimate reference point but a starting point.

Cheers

Just kinda recovering from a severe bout of food posioning/stomach bug.
Did anyone have an upset tummy after the meet? :p

It was good to be there with all who were there.
Heartfelt thanks to those who demoed their products.
Would have been more fun if more members could have hauled in some of their killer stuff. :)

Last edited:
Guys! It seems I am late comer. Can anybody would like to share that CD /content with me?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks to Amp_Nut. I am getting one.

Last edited:

It was good to be there with all who were there.
Heartfelt thanks to those who demoed their products.
Would have been more fun if more members could have hauled in some of their killer stuff. :)

Are you serious??? Pls do not joke on such matters :mad:

Hi
Welcome to HFV
I couldn't recognise you, were you accompanying vktarun?

BTW
That hotel is a 4 star property and their kitchen would be much cleaner than a typical household kitchen, atleast mine, I am sure!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

How One CD can change things!

Yesterday I have received 9 more requests for CDs. All of them will be couriered out today.

Thank You very much for the CD! I have received it today and I had no patience to wait. My wife went out for shopping in the evening and I had the perfect chance to play the CD at a volume to my heart content.

Honestly, I was listening to some tracks at home to the system in my car and the way they play seems very different. I have already started doubting the capability of the system at home (Please bear in mind.. my car system is no slouch but not really high end. Just a dual DIN Pioneer head unit, with Focal polyglass components and polyglass components in back driven by a 4 channel JBL entry amp. A JBL mono amp drives the entry level JBL sealed sub in the trunk. The music is played from iPhone with a dedicated cable and the HU plays the music)

With the CD my home system sounded really really nice. All the instruments sounded as I would imagine them to be. It is a really nice thing that you have sent the CD out!

Ofcourse, I question what was going wrong with my setup. And I write the update on the Oppo thread that I have started.

Thank you again for the CD!

http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/38574-oppo-bdp-105-mini-review-2.html#post470528

Good to know that you liked the CD.

Now try toeing in or toeing out the speakers and see if you can get more 'realism' / immediacy in the Voices..

Also try moving the speakers w.r.t. the walls and corners to get better defined bass. The first Track from Dido has some low, sustained Bass that should Not boom / resonate in the room.

Serious about this. Just resumed work today :)
This was a joke. Sincere apologies if i hurt any sentiments. :)
Are you serious??? Pls do not joke on such matters :mad:
As above- sorry.
Hi
Welcome to HFV
I couldn't recognise you, were you accompanying vktarun?
I was there with Faheem at the ASUS/PristineNote section:)
No problem with me due to food.I liked the food quality & taste.May be some other cause.
Obviously sir. I was kidding about the latter part. :)

Good to know that you liked the CD.

Now try toeing in or toeing out the speakers and see if you can get more 'realism' / immediacy in the Voices..

Also try moving the speakers w.r.t. the walls and corners to get better defined bass. The first Track from Dido has some low, sustained Bass that should Not boom / resonate in the room.

Thank you and I will try and see toeing my speakers but moving them is not possible as they are wall mounted.

We tried for some coverage before the meet, but it somehow ended up published post the meet. A big chunk about "hifivision.com" was removed from the article we forwarded to the press, we feel sorry about that.

Indian Express
19.2.2013 (Pg 4)

IE_19-2-2013-pg4r_zps11cc36f2.jpg

We tried for some coverage before the meet, but it somehow ended up published post the meet. A big chunk about "hifivision.com" was removed from the article we forwarded to the press, we feel sorry about that.

[/IMG]

What chunk is missed.. Almost everything is there. This is fine..We cannot expect more than this in an leading daily. If this kind of matter to be issued as advt. it will cost more than 50K or even more..;)

Hi Dinyar,
Received the CD yesterday evening and heard all 10 numbers in one go. My first impression were WOW! All recordings were excellent compared to what i have heard with my speakers. To be frank, i first time felt that my calculated and simulated values for my TL BS speakers were correct. To be precise the Chinese Drums and all track followed were too good and it sounded as if someone is playing the drums in my room and it did not sound like a speaker. The speakers, Amp, Source all sounded entirely from a different league and a blind test would have fooled even me. All vocal tracks were like live performance for me.

Thanks a million for giving the opportunity to hear my created speakers to the fullest. Now i understand that its not always the amplifier, cables, speakers, source is at fault but also who the recording engineer was.

BR,

Yup, 'Source is King'

--
helium
SB Classic + CA Dac Magic + Lyrita EL84 + Vintage Akai SW-175 & B&W DM4 + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables (For sale Speaker- Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE)

Hi Dinyar,
Received the CD yesterday evening and heard all 10 numbers in one go. My first impression were WOW! All recordings were excellent compared to what i have heard with my speakers. To be frank, i first time felt that my calculated and simulated values for my TL BS speakers were correct. To be precise the Chinese Drums and all track followed were too good and it sounded as if someone is playing the drums in my room and it did not sound like a speaker. The speakers, Amp, Source all sounded entirely from a different league and a blind test would have fooled even me. All vocal tracks were like live performance for me.

Thanks a million for giving the opportunity to hear my created speakers to the fullest. Now i understand that its not always the amplifier, cables, speakers, source is at fault but also who the recording engineer was.

BR,

Dinyar
I totally agree with Hari. My modest stereo set up has never sounded so good. Even my wife who is normally more into movies than music took time off to listen to the whole CD!:eek:hyeah:

The CD does is NOT a compilation of torture tracks, but generally consists of simple, clean recordings that will show up the strengths of practically any system.

Its when the same tracks are heard on a more capable setup will you realise that even better reproduction is possible.

The tracks can also be used for properly setting up your speakers in the room, listening to improvements by change of a system component, etc.

Hope you enjoy the disc, its NOT an ultimate reference point but a starting point.

Cheers

Thank you Amp_Nut! I received the CD a short while back and ran through all the 10 tracks. Very good quality recording and covers a versatile range of music components. It made my system (Tubemagic>D2(GEupgrade)-->PM6004-->Mon7(V6) sound very different. The percussions and mid range/vocals brought out the best of the Mon7s. Very good collection for evaluation indeed. Thanks again for the gesture ..its a prized collection. !

Last edited:
damn i again missed it this year.
there should be a funda of tagging people on the posts. that would help people like us who have been tied up with work.

Hello Everyone,

I am delighted to have received an Overwhelming response from Forum Members. So far I have received requests and sent out more than 25 CDs. Its great to see this kind of enthusiasm. I hope that atleast some of you will find the CD content enjoyable and a useful aid in exploring and improving the sound of your own system ( not necessarily by making new purchases )
Cheers

Hi Amp_Nut,

I too received my CD yesterday and I played through all the tracks today. It's a fantastic collection. All the tracks brought out some aspect or the other of music reproduction. I especially liked the song by Mary Black - very very natural sounding. In fact the words that you have used to describe each one of the songs in the CD cover are so true!

I also wanted to thank you for introducing me to some good artists (I am familiar with only 2 artists in the CD - Hugh Masakela & Diana Krall)

If I could just bring out one inconvenince with the CD, I would say that since this is a collection, the volume levels for each one of the tracks are not the same. Since my amplifier does not have a remote control, I had to lift myself up quite a few times to adjust the volume levels.....so along with the music system, I too got a good workout:)

Thanks again....

APK

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back