Should I add a second Sub

bazee

hello friends

my setup is Wharfedale 9.5 fronts to Yamaha AVR with WF SW 150 subwoofer.
How can i add a second sub-woofer to this setup?

Will it improve the bass and overall sound qulity?

regards

why do you want to add a second sub? is the 9.5 + SW150 not enough??

I think there is some kind of Y-connector available which you can use to connect two subs to a sub pre-out.

hello friends

regards

Actually I am planning to upgrade my system by selling of the WF 9.5.

I was thinking of retaining the award-winning SW 150 sub as a second sub to my new setup; instead of selling it at a cheap price.

regards

Actually I am planning to upgrade my system by selling of the WF 9.5.

I was thinking of retaining the award-winning SW 150 sub as a second sub to my new setup; instead of selling it at a cheap price.

regards

A second sub, provided it's identical to the first, would give a more uniform bass response across the room or if co-located, go deeper. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's a study on integrating multiple subs in a room by Harman. It goes quite deep and technical but the first few pages and the last few that contain conclusions should be enough for you to get a fair idea on what to expect with multiple subs and how to place them.

Bazee Count me in , I am also interested in buying the same, if i get a good price ...

Pls check the classified section where i have put Whafedale setup for sale.

thanks

hello friends

regards

NO , PLEASE DON'T DO THAT ,

You'll finally end up with a hollow uncomfortable Bass sound .

Usually in a subwoofer channels are fed as mono (not stereo) , so when you connect another subwoofer using same connecter using y-cable then that subwoofer will also get mono feeds , so ultimately there will be a lot of phase cancellations when both are played together which will lead to cancellation of many signals and hollow sound

if you are that technical ,then you can use inverted phase switching box in the Y-cable ,but that again is not available in normal/hi-end AV shops
in INDIA.

usually in stereo setup where subwoofer not used but have woofer in each speakers , get stereo feeds for Bass and usually have complex crossover frequency circuits such as there is no phase problems.

Hope the suggestion helps.

broysound is correct. you will ruin the listening experience. In addition to problem mentioned above you will also have more standing waves from different source point that will lead to further cancellations. you might have complte loss of certain frequencies or even worse absence of an entire band or octave

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back