Should people go for extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

siddh

Hi,

I wanted to know from the existing users of LCD/Plasma/LED whether people should go for extended warranty for 2 to 3 years. Is it worth paying 20k to
30 K xtra? Has anybody got into a serious problem without having extended warranty?

Regards
Sid.

It depends on brand & price for warrenty.
When I booked Philips LCD,I went for Croma 2yr extended warrenty for Rs.1100 which is same as(terms/conditions)the manufacturer.Philips includes panal warrenty & hence I paid extra.

If the amount is reasonable like what spirovious paid for warranty on his Philips then definitely go for it. But 20k to 30k???? No way. As adder pointed out in another post, for that amount you will get a brand new 40+ inch TV a few years down the line.

yes. for lg lh90 price- 76k, i was asked to pay 20 -30k for extended warranty.

It's a total waste of money.

Plz dont go 4 extended warranty.

As everyone has said 20k to 30k is a sheer waste of money. What more, I think that you are being overcharged.

In 2-3 years time, possibly(?) you will be able to get a new TV of similar specs in the same amount.

20 to 30 k for extended warranty????? Even cars <10 lakhs don't carry that much amount as extended warranty charges :rolleyes:.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back