Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

View attachment 49740View attachment 49741View attachment 49742View attachment 49743
Just set this up after moving to Bangalore. Bought the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 as my source and DAC and added it to my set up.
Source / Streamer: Cambridge Audio CXN v2
Amp: Cambridge Audio CA351a
Speakers: Wharfedale 121

Only for music!
That's it!
Just a suggestion..

If you have longer speaker wires you could run them along the ground and make them come up to the speaker terminals from the behind the speaker stand pillar

I watch movies on a bean ban placed on top of the bed. so the spearks are at ear level. If you notice the bed is already high and even if i sit on the bed with out a bean bag the front speakers driver will be at my ear level. I would like to call this a poor man HT set up hahaha :D
Not sure, why you are telling like this. You already made a great step and enjoying it. Me, thinking to take home theater route for very long time, for more than 3 years, always thought about other responsibilities and etc. and only during the lock down time, I started looking for ideas and inputs for my future HT. So, you are well ahead of us. Enjoy it to the fullest L4S.

Not sure, why you are telling like this. You already made a great step and enjoying it. Me, thinking to take home theater route for very long time, for more than 3 years, always thought about other responsibilities and etc. and only during the lock down time, I started looking for ideas and inputs for my future HT. So, you are well ahead of us. Enjoy it to the fullest L4S.
Hahah it’s just a response for the feedback on my speaker placements

Set this up for my daughter today.

Source: Chromecast Audio for now as she exclusively uses Amazon Music

Intermediary: DIY Tube buffer, thanks to our FM @yogibear

Power Amplifier: Adcom GFA-535mkii

Speakers: Spica TC-50

Still to tweak positioning within her room constrains. Just allowing the setup to break-in as all the components have remained unused for ages, especially the amp and the speakers.

View attachment 47185

Good one @Kannan
Sure your daughter is having fun with the rig.

Cheers,
Raghu

Few weeks ago, rigged up a system out of components orphaned due to my system refresh last year.
Set it up in my boy's room. Now he has his own stereo and can listen to whatever he likes.
And he actually does for about an hour or so each day :D
The pic was clicked when I set it up; it has been tidied up a bit.
Stands are planned soon.

boy-rig_sm.jpg

CCA --> Schiit Modi2 --> Marantz PM7001 --> Outlaw Audio M2200 --> Zaph Audio ZA5.2
The speakers were done by FM @manniraj and he parted with them; the rest I had at home.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Few weeks ago, rigged up a system out of components orphaned due to my system refresh last year.
Set it up in my boy's room. Now he has his own stereo and can listen to whatever he likes.
Stands are planned soon.

View attachment 50169

CCA --> Schiit Modi2 --> Marantz PM7001 --> Outlaw Audio M2200 --> Zaph Audio ZA5.2
The speakers were done by FM @manniraj and he parted with them; the rest I had at home.

Cheers,
Raghu
Awesome. Looks nice. I am sure your boy having a good time.

Stands are planned soon.

View attachment 50169

Cheers,
Raghu

Nice work , liked the way the bricks are layed and go well with the table as well :)

Thanks for the comment @fLUX. My boy likes the arrangement too.
The stuff is from my gardening hobby. Stands are planned, just waiting to get the carpenter to execute it.
Covid pandemic has put these plans on hold.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks for the comment @fLUX. My boy likes the arrangement too.
The stuff is from my gardening hobby. Stands are planned, just waiting to get the carpenter to execute it.
Covid pandemic has put these plans on hold.

Cheers,
Raghu

Glad to know , like father like son :) Once the pandemim dies down would love to get in touch with your carpenter , would like to have a wooden TV table similar to one you have made for myself as well albeit a little smaller.

This is my 5.1.2 setup which got completed yesterday. I have explored many options for HT but finally ended up with Jamo studio 8 series with Denon receiver.

Home Theater Setup - Jamo Studio 8 series
JAMO S805 - Front Floor Standers speakers
JAMO S801 - Rear bookshelf speakers
JAMO S81 - Center channel speaker
JAMO S810 - Powered subwoofer
JAMO 8.5 CS - Ceiling speakers
Denon AVR-1600 H - Audio Video Receiver
LG Oled 55 Inch B6V
Google Chromecast (for streaming Hotstar)

I could complete this setup on my own because of extensive reading in Hifivision, thanks to all forum members.

ThanksFront & TV.jpegSurround speakers.jpegCeiling speakers.jpeg

Hi Raghu,

Would you mind sharing details of speaker stands shared above. I am on the hunt for the same and are those filled with sand?

Thanks
Sound Foundations stands
Don't know the model. Bought them used when I acquired my speakers.
Yes, they are filled with sand

Cheers,
Raghu

This is my 5.1.2 setup which got completed yesterday. I have explored many options for HT but finally ended up with Jamo studio 8 series with Denon receiver.

Home Theater Setup - Jamo Studio 8 series
JAMO S805 - Front Floor Standers speakers
JAMO S801 - Rear bookshelf speakers
JAMO S81 - Center channel speaker
JAMO S810 - Powered subwoofer
JAMO 8.5 CS - Ceiling speakers
Denon AVR-1600 H - Audio Video Receiver
LG Oled 55 Inch B6V
Google Chromecast (for streaming Hotstar)

I could complete this setup on my own because of extensive reading in Hifivision, thanks to all forum members.

ThanksView attachment 50198View attachment 50199View attachment 50200
Nice!!!

One question: I see that your left front speakers is just placed next to the wall, and very very close to it. Are you not experiencing any booming sound or something? I have my Monitor Audio BX5, right speaker, close to the wall but not so close but it is still very boomy. For almost all listening/viewing sessions I have to move them so that the bass is controlled. Anything special you did?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back