Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Nice!!!

One question: I see that your left front speakers is just placed next to the wall, and very very close to it. Are you not experiencing any booming sound or something? I have my Monitor Audio BX5, right speaker, close to the wall but not so close but it is still very boomy. For almost all listening/viewing sessions I have to move them so that the bass is controlled. Anything special you did?

Nothing as such until now. will observe closely and update later. one thing I did was keeping front speakers in some angle towards center to my listening position so that it will not hit the wall by any chance. Also this is my initial impression from few days of experience.

thanks for asking.

How do u rate the Jamo sub and its performance....

Sorry, I cannot rate by comparing with any other Sub as this is my first setup. but while watching Kong Skull Island opening scenes the room was filled with thumping bass. I'm happy with it.

thanks for asking

Nice looking setup. Guess you purchased from Cinebels

Thanks for the compliment. I have purchased it from Sterling, Ameerpet.

This is my 5.1.2 setup which got completed yesterday. I have explored many options for HT but finally ended up with Jamo studio 8 series with Denon receiver.

Home Theater Setup - Jamo Studio 8 series
JAMO S805 - Front Floor Standers speakers
JAMO S801 - Rear bookshelf speakers
JAMO S81 - Center channel speaker
JAMO S810 - Powered subwoofer
JAMO 8.5 CS - Ceiling speakers
Denon AVR-1600 H - Audio Video Receiver
LG Oled 55 Inch B6V
Google Chromecast (for streaming Hotstar)

I could complete this setup on my own because of extensive reading in Hifivision, thanks to all forum members.

ThanksView attachment 50198View attachment 50199View attachment 50200
Nice setup! I really dig the background of TV panel!

Could you share cost breakup?

Nice setup! I really dig the background of TV panel!

Could you share cost breakup?

Thank you.

JAMO S805 - Front Floor Standers speakers - 35k /pair
JAMO S801 - Rear bookshelf speakers - 15k /pair
JAMO S81 - Center channel speaker - 16k
JAMO S810 - Powered subwoofer - 26k
JAMO 8.5 CS - Ceiling speakers - 15k /pair
Denon AVR-1600 H - Audio Video Receiver -48k

regards
Sivaji Kurubu

Few weeks ago, rigged up a system out of components orphaned due to my system refresh last year.
Set it up in my boy's room. Now he has his own stereo and can listen to whatever he likes.
And he actually does for about an hour or so each day :D
The pic was clicked when I set it up; it has been tidied up a bit.
Stands are planned soon.

View attachment 50169

CCA --> Schiit Modi2 --> Marantz PM7001 --> Outlaw Audio M2200 --> Zaph Audio ZA5.2
The speakers were done by FM @manniraj and he parted with them; the rest I had at home.

Cheers,
Raghu
Are you using the pm 7001 as a pre amp?

This was my setup ... till yesterday. There are some big changes I have made, sold my Home Theater 5.1 setup and converted this to a purely a listening room. I will post that pic soon in the coming weeks.

Home Theater Setup
Polk Audio Monitor 50 - Front Floor Standers speakers
Polk Audio Monitor 30 - Rear bookshelf speakers
Polk Audio TSi CS10 - Center channel speaker
Polk Audio PSW110 - Powered subwoofer
Denon AVR-1508 - Audio Video Receiver
Samsung "5 Series" 32 inches Full HD Television
Samsung DVD Player DVP3588

Stereo Setup
Yamaha AX-397 - Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2 - Tape Player
Nakamichi OMS-1A - CD Player
Popcorn Hour A300 - Network Media Player
Cambridge Audio CP1 - Pre-amplifier
Akai AP-206C - Turntable
Technolink TC-616 - 6 Way Stereo Amplifier/Speaker Comparator
hello rockarolla70, can you share some light on the posters you have up there, were did you get them from?

Hi Manu,

Your setup stands taller than you:). I really like your rack idea. Simplistic design, elegant, detachable & well ventilated.

Regards,
Nitin
Haha..thanks nitin :)

That pic is from the gold old days. The system doesn't stand today as it was before. I've changed all the monosterous amps for smaller ones where possible. So got everything packed real tight to pass my wife's approval :D

By the way.. I got 4 small centre tables from urban ladder I think, for not much cost. Probably 3.5k each, and stacked them up to make this flexible rack. And ever since I've been adding vibration isolators under each component, just for peace of mind. Not that a deaf chap like me can hear a difference, but I have this OCD :D

Staying true to your sailor instinct, you literally have/had a "boat load of gear" !!
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks raghu :)

But I've really down sized now. Very compact, and all in 2 racks now. But with the impending TT, might have to start another stand on the side. Just when I promised my wife...that I was done forever...and won't be adding one more thing ever :D

Haha..thanks nitin :)

That pic is from the gold old days. The system doesn't stand today as it was before. I've changed all the monosterous amps for smaller ones where possible. So got everything packed real tight to pass my wife's approval :D

By the way.. I got 4 small centre tables from urban ladder I think, for not much cost. Probably 3.5k each, and stacked them up to make this flexible rack. And ever since I've been adding vibration isolators under each component, just for peace of mind. Not that a deaf chap like me can hear a difference, but I have this OCD :D

Most welcome Manu. That's a very pocket friendly, flexible & practical idea. Hope others looking for racks can use this great idea of your's in case if it is not patented.:D

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back