Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Finally rearranged everything!
The WXC 50 is one tiny little thing that feeds some quality music to the Saptak PA. It’s hidden almost ;)
View attachment 51256
I got myself almost the same rug (6x9) recently. Amazon? My speakers (the quads specifically) definitely sound less shouty now but thats after being coupled with fabric covered rockwool panels on the side walls.

On a side note, I'm really worried about the carcinogenic effects of rockwool panels which i unfortunately read about only after having made the purchase. :confused:

Also, which subwoofer is that?

Last edited:
Bi-amping the S2s with dual 2502s??? :eek:
I'd gotten myself a single 1502 for the S5s thinking the 2502 would be overkill!!! :p
They are not Bi-amped. They are Bridged. 1550 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms !!!. It was an experiment really. Just to see how a speaker will behave if it is given enough power. Now one Crown has gone back in the box. They will be used to power the Centre channel once my Receiver comes back from repair.

Your Quad S5's are easier to drive than my Quad S2's. :p

They are not Bi-amped. They are Bridged. 1550 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms !!!. It was an experiment really. Just to see how a speaker will behave if it is given enough power. Now one Crown has gone back in the box. They will be used to power the Centre channel once my Receiver comes back from repair.

Your Quad S5's are easier to drive than my Quad S2's. :p
Right. My bad. Bridged

Finally rearranged everything!
The WXC 50 is one tiny little thing that feeds some quality music to the Saptak PA. It’s hidden almost ;)
View attachment 51256

Thats a really nice listening space you got there @Prodigy . Some ambient pub lighting and late night sessions can literally transform into a heavenly experience ;)

I got myself almost the same rug (6x9) recently. Amazon? My speakers (the quads specifically) definitely sound less shouty now but thats after being coupled with fabric covered rockwool panels on the side walls.

On a side note, I'm really worried about the carcinogenic effects of rockwool panels which i unfortunately read about only after having made the purchase. :confused:

Also, which subwoofer is that?
Ha ha ha. Yeah! Amazon it is. It’s a 6X4 and does a decent job.
I too was planning on getting a sheet of those 10mm acoustic Pannel boards and get it CNC cut and placing one below the Buddha photo and one on the side wall.
It’s a BIC PL200II sub. I closed one of the ports with sponge to cut some boomyness. It’s better now.

Regards,
Som

Thats a really nice listening space you got there @Prodigy . Some ambient pub lighting and late night sessions can literally transform into a heavenly experience ;)
Thanks buddy @fLUX. After you said I noticed there are 2 unused light points. Great Idea though.
Let me look up for something on Amazon and see if I find something.
Regards,
Som

Thanks buddy @fLUX. After you said I noticed there are 2 unused light points. Great Idea though.
Let me look up for something on Amazon and see if I find something.
Regards,
Som

The Nanoleaf smartlights are good. Slightly expensive but really amazing in the variations they provide and ability to add further. They can go all mellow or give a party ambience as well.
I have them installed in my bedroom since a long time and have had many "trips" at late night :)

Can't say that I am having timing issues. My feet is tapping listening to Steely Dan's Aja. I can't give a critical view of the tubes as I have changed both the Tube and the Amp at the same time. So I can't tell what is contributing to the sound or taking away from it. my current playback chain is less that ideal. Spotify from gaming computer -> HDMI to Sony TV -> Headphone Analog out to Tube pre -> Crown power - speaker out to sub - sub to Quad s2's !!!!

For analyzing the system, I would have preferred to change one component at a time, play from my Marantz CD player to the Tube Pre -> Crown -> speakers. But my CD player is not working. I noticed that using the Tube and the Crown with the Quad 12L2's does make the Quads more laid back than they already are.

Overall, the sound has changed for sure. It's different. The Topping to the Quads were delicate, airy and lovely sounding. Sit back, pour a cup of coffee and relax kind of music. This setup is more like, pour a glass of whiskey, pick me up and dance with me kind of music. :)

On a side note, my tubes were complaining that they were getting a serious inferiority complex being on the same page as the tubes put on display by Newlash09 :D
Hi ssf :)

Please never compare it that way. The end result matters the most. Which is musical enjoyment. Why does any sane person need as many boxes as I have. The simple answer is because the resultant sound still sucks :D

I've heard better soundings systems , that cost way less, and composed of way fewer components. A simple and well put together system, where synergy has been concentrated on, is what it takes to nail great sound.. So let's not presume that a visually complex looking system, with some exotic brand names thrown in, automatically qualifies for great sound :D

Recently did up me home and have 2 setups now. Finally a dedicated stereo setup.
Chain - Technics SL-1200MK2, NAD 3020i, NAD 412 Tuner and Epos Bookshelf Speakers. Took the DIY route for wooden speaker stands.

Cheers !
View attachment 51668
Wow...I love those stands. Very very nicely done in a matching shade. I would have never guessed they were DIY, if you had not mentioned :)

Upgrades and More Upgrades ....
I have upgraded my existing setup with a new-TT, power cords, Tubes, conditioning, Music Streamer. The setup now is as below:
Streaming/Digital
1. Lindemann Bridge (replaces the Allo USBridge)
2. Chord Qutest Dac
3. Apple SuperDrive for CD Playback
4. Lacie 2TB HDD
5. Spotify Premium & Tidal HiFi
6. Topping Rack for the above 3

Vinyl PlayBack/Analog (Replaces a Rega RP1 plus)
1. AudioNote TT1 Deluxe (rosewood) with IQ3 MM cart
2. Graham Slee Era Gold V for Phono Amp

Power
1. SurgeX SA152 (for surge and power conditioning)
2. APC-BR1000G for Power Backup
3. SoundFoundations PowerBase for distribution
4. All Wall Sockets replaced with Legrand make
5. Power Cords - SoundFoundations Mysteciti | Power Cable from Mr. Murthy | 2 DIY Power Cables

Amplifier - AudioNote OTO PP with Mullard 6AQ5 for Power stage (Replace Stock GE tubes)
Speakers - AudioNote AZ3

Misc
1. Interconnects - DH Labs Silver
2. DIY Vibration controls (Thanks for FM Rikhav) and Elevators (for dust cleaning)
3. Record/Vinyl display - Umbra, Canada

Next up: Vibration control, Room Acoustics (i use the living room), Vinyl Cleaning Machine, DAC with Tube o/p --- Any comments/guidance here is appreciated

Attachments

• audio_setup (1).jpg
    audio_setup (1).jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    346 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back