Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

This is my system at the moment.
IMG-20220619-WA0002.jpg

Just assembled my modular 3 way diy system. Pending polar measurements and crossover based on it. Drivers are dual SB acoustics Satori WO24P-8 woofers per side for bass. Current top module is Sb Audience Rosso 65CDN-T compression driver on a faital pro LTH142 horn. DSP crossover implementation using EQApo Software on PC and 6 channel audio interface. Marantz Pm 5005 drivers the woofers while Allo volt amp drives the compression drivers. Crossover at 1kHz at the moment and hence playing as a 2 way system currently.
For more details, see my thread here :)

View attachment 70186

Just assembled my modular 3 way diy system. Pending polar measurements and crossover based on it. Drivers are dual SB acoustics Satori WO24P-8 woofers per side for bass. Current top module is Sb Audience Rosso 65CDN-T compression driver on a faital pro LTH142 horn. DSP crossover implementation using EQApo Software on PC and 6 channel audio interface. Marantz Pm 5005 drivers the woofers while Allo volt amp drives the compression drivers. Crossover at 1kHz at the moment and hence playing as a 2 way system currently.

Lovely setup and you have built those yourself. Commendable.
What is the distance between the speakers and what distance do you sit away from the speakers. I'm trying experiments with my setup and want to know if there is any limitations on how close the speakers can get?

Lovely setup and you have built those yourself. Commendable.
What is the distance between the speakers and what distance do you sit away from the speakers. I'm trying experiments with my setup and want to know if there is any limitations on how close the speakers can get?
Hi,
Thank you.
Currently it just avout 1.2m distance between the speakers. It is because i just assembled it and wanted to hear it for first time. :D and I sit about 2.5 m away from the speakers.
I will need to adjust placement and see what is the best separation between the speakers. This kind of short separation will definitely restrict the soundstage, especially becuase these are narrow dispersion horns in this speaker.

In general, the ideal separation may also depend on the polar radiation pattern (especially the horizontal) of the speaker and to some extent personal preferences and amount of room "treatment". In my case the current crossover resulted in sort of the following polar pattern with my prototype of this speaker with single woofer (based on upto 90 degree polar frequency response measurements)
1649911379760 (1).png
With dual woofers here are the simulated (BEM simulations based) vertical (V_SPL) and horizontal (H_SPL) polar responses of my dual woofer set up.
897895-b5befa67300e95e95c5562d845c68365.png
Vertical polar response below
897970-b93c256a1667a160b50a01abaa410642.png
horizontal polar response below
897935-68d6a606aaa830f055c113b987b1842c.png
Add to this the narrow radiation pattern of the horn and i would have to experiment with these a bit to get them to sound their best :) I will have to measure frequency responses for any changes in crossover first. And then speaker placement and listening position changes and related experiments. There are also some general guidelines regarding placement of left and right speakers for a stereo setup
Will do more experiments and update in my thread in coming days.. :)

Thanks
Vineeth

Attachments

• 897935-68d6a606aaa830f055c113b987b1842c.png
    897935-68d6a606aaa830f055c113b987b1842c.png
    24 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
View attachment 70186

Lovely looking build vineeth :)

Going diy with active crossovers is something I've been planning for a long time. All the best :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-03 at 6.50.32 PM.jpeg
Well, thats my living room (12 x 24 feet) Audio setup. Love to keep 6 feet gap from the rear wall, and not have much gap on the side wall ( 1 feet max). prefer to listen 10 to 11 feet away from both speakers.

Source Denon DCD 2500NE
AMP Denon PMA 2500NE
Cables Mogami co-axial for RCA interconnect and Speaker connect.
Speaker Wharfedale Linton 85

Just got the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 bookshelfs to replace my Wharfedale Diamond 121. It feels as if someone pulled open the curtains between me and the speakers. Will post a detailed review of the speakers after a while. For specs, Wharfedale 121s were 88db, 65Hz-20Khz, while Elacs are 86db, 46Hz-35KHz.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 11.46.01 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 11.46.04 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 11.46.05 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 11.46.05 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 11.46.05 AM (2).jpeg

Moved my stereo to the 1st floor and set up a dedicated space. Now it’s me and gears and less fuss from the home ministry for cluttered cables

7522AC94-2965-4DCB-A388-3E9420ED3CDB.jpeg

The Chain:
Speakers : Kairos by Late Mr. Jeff Bagby
Amp: Simple Stark ODNF
Pre : Pass HPA1 Clone
Dac : Soekris Rev 7
Streamer: Pi2Aes
Cables that I am using currently:
Speakers : Mogami 3103
IC’s : Mogami 2549

Just got the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 bookshelfs to replace my Wharfedale Diamond 121. It feels as if someone pulled open the curtains between me and the speakers.
Nice streaming setup.
Wharfedale's are a hit or miss. They have some exceptional loudspeakers like the Linton's featured a few post above and the rest feel and sound like junk. The only thing is they look pretty and convincing at sight. Once you hear them, you wonder what on earth is going on. I have dropped several Wharfedale speakers after listening to them, even with the Interweb praising them. Either the standards of reviewers have gone down or everyone is being paid to say only good things. Among affordable British loudspeakers brands, I look at only B&W and KEF these days.

Nice streaming setup.
Wharfedale's are a hit or miss. They have some exceptional loudspeakers like the Linton's featured a few post above and the rest feel and sound like junk. The only thing is they look pretty and convincing at sight. Once you hear them, you wonder what on earth is going on. I have dropped several Wharfedale speakers after listening to them, even with the Interweb praising them. Either the standards of reviewers have gone down or everyone is being paid to say only good things. Among affordable British loudspeakers brands, I look at only B&W and KEF these days.
I agree. I have used Wharfedale 9.6 with Norge, and Marantz PM5004 earlier. Thereafter shifted to Boston Acoustics A26 bookshelf - the difference was visible. Now thinking of upgrading my amp from CA 351a to Acoustic Portrait Swara v2. Will audition them since I'm in Bangalore now.

Just got the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 bookshelfs to replace my Wharfedale Diamond 121. It feels as if someone pulled open the curtains between me and the speakers. Will post a detailed review of the speakers after a while. For specs, Wharfedale 121s were 88db, 65Hz-20Khz, while Elacs are 86db, 46Hz-35KHz.
Nice streaming setup.
Tagging @prozkater as he was looking for user feedback on the Wharfedale Diamond 12 series for his new setup.

I agree. I have used Wharfedale 9.6 with Norge, and Marantz PM5004 earlier. Thereafter shifted to Boston Acoustics A26 bookshelf - the difference was visible. Now thinking of upgrading my amp from CA 351a to Acoustic Portrait Swara v2. Will audition them since I'm in Bangalore now.
That is a gem of a speaker. One of the most well rounded at any price point. Plays well with just about any genre. Never harsh even with poor recordings, yet never at a loss for excitement. The most VFM speaker I've ever had (got them for 14K brand new back in 2018).

Tagging @prozkater as he was looking for user feedback on the Wharfedale Diamond 12 series for his new setup.

That is a gem of a speaker. One of the most well rounded at any price point. Plays well with just about any genre. Never harsh even with poor recordings, yet never at a loss for excitement. The most VFM speaker I've ever had (got them for 14K brand new back in 2018).
Thanks for the tag, I will post my impression once the 12.2 arrive. Keeping my fingers 🤞

View attachment 70437
Well, thats my living room (12 x 24 feet) Audio setup. Love to keep 6 feet gap from the rear wall, and not have much gap on the side wall ( 1 feet max). prefer to listen 10 to 11 feet away from both speakers.

Source Denon DCD 2500NE
AMP Denon PMA 2500NE
Cables Mogami co-axial for RCA interconnect and Speaker connect.
Speaker Wharfedale Linton 85
I Wanted to Know which Mogami speaker cable u are using. I edited my earlier query as I got the model no. from ur other message on this thread. Can u tell me the sound signature that you are getting. Is it suitable and a good match with these speakers (Wharfedale). Have u tried some other cable before, even inferior to the one you are having at present.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back