Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

A very nice setup - would like to have such a wonderful place to listen to favorite music

But, I have a doubt

There is hard surface, bare floors and walls and hard furniture such as wooden tables, chairs and counters

I don't see anything related to acoustic treatment or anything such as Rug/Carpet, Sound Diffuser/Absorber etc

Doesn't these affect the music listening ?

A doubt out of curiosity
Thanks!

I did treat the room a few years ago; corner bass trap, carpet, absorbers fashioned out of Rockwool, and whatnot. I ended up overdoing it, and completely wiped out the liveliness. I stripped them out one by one over a period of time, and has now reached a point where the sound is balanced to my taste.

The curtains and the upholstery help aplenty with taming the reflections. The curtains remain closed, it is only for the photos that I drew them open to let in some light.

I did have a booming issue in the 85hz - 100hz region, which I’ve managed to control with dual subwoofers.

@soniramesh Are those KLH Model 5s? A few words about those would be nice.
And, needless to say, beautiful setups.
Yes, those are KLH Model 5s(not the vintage but the recent reissues). I really like these speakers, they are very clean, especially the mids and very accurate bass, although they do not go very deep(they go down to ~ 40hz). I have pre-ordered this subwoofer, expecting delivery late next week...

Thanks!

I did treat the room a few years ago; corner bass trap, carpet, absorbers fashioned out of Rockwool, and whatnot. I ended up overdoing it, and completely wiped out the liveliness. I stripped them out one by one over a period of time, and has now reached a point where the sound is balanced to my taste.

The curtains and the upholstery help aplenty with taming the reflections. The curtains remain closed, it is only for the photos that I drew them open to let in some light.

I did have a booming issue in the 85hz - 100hz region, which I’ve managed to control with dual subwoofers.
Thanks for your response

Happy that you enjoy your music, that's the ultimate goal of this passion

Lovely!
I see the Ahuja taking a peek in the rear.

Into bird photography?
Oh my God , your eyes 😯

Ahuja could be moved when not in use. Easy as it is not heavy. ACAs were driving Ahujas but perhaps the bridged mono config does not allow me connect my sub with it's high level input (I have not pre-out and preferred not to use a Y adaptor). I get some cross talk. Need to analyse the circuit. Now ACAs with Heresy IIIs.

Yeah, I used to do some bird photography a few years back. Everything went into hiding when my daughter reached higher secondary as outings were rare and later COVID era.

An accessory
Infinite joy @ ₹200/- (at least till the batteries last)
Adds an extra layer to the ambience and mood.
Such things give me a joy too. Here is something similar. This is my openSUSE Tumbleweed HTPC desktop. I use plasma desktop. I have glava insalled and a usb microphone connected to the HTPC, kept hidden behind the TV. Any conversation, music in the room gets converted into visualization that is part of the desktop itself. IT is the destkop wallpaper itself that gets converted into visualization, regardless of the wallpaper image.

The same HTCP with mproject visualization is below

Last edited:
Such things give me a joy too. Here is something similar. This is my openSUSE Tumbleweed HTPC desktop. I use plasma desktop. I have glava insalled and a usb microphone connected to the HTPC, kept hidden behind the TV. Any conversation, music in the room gets converted into visualization that is part of the desktop itself. IT is the destkop wallpaper itself that gets converted into visualization, regardless of the wallpaper image.

I love this!
Would it be possible to do this with a Raspberry pi ?

I love this!
Would it be possible to do this with a Raspberry pi ?
I'm not sure. But i think it should work if someone compiles it on PI. Let me try this on my PI. I will get back.

I will have to install ninja and meson to build it

According to this article there are debian repositories available, so there is a possibility of installing this without going through the above complicated steps. I will try this first before trying the above

EDIT: I just checked. There is no available build package for Raspberry PI. So the only option is to build it

Last edited:
I'm not sure. But i think it should work if someone compiles it on PI. Let me try this on my PI. I will get back.

I will have to install ninja and meson to build it

According to this article there are debian repositories available, so there is a possibility of installing this without going through the above complicated steps. I will try this first before trying the above

EDIT: I just checked. There is no available build package for Raspberry PI. So the only option is to build it
Thanks. I think the idea is cool. Maybe someone with the skills and interest will do this one of these days.

What's that bell behind the TV doing? :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back