Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Re: Show us what you have!......

Hi all,
Awedeophile ya the speakers are just a foot away from the rear wall for space constraints. However of all the speakers i have owned this one is the least fussy about the rear wall as its not rear ported. Both the 603 and the 704(i love this speaker) were very tough to manage. And yes i have toed them in. The speakers are about 6 ft apart and the seating is about7/ 8ft from the set up. Buddy i am really tight on space and hence am always experimenting.

Sunil, yes i have a divan where i generally lie down and listen though its not captured in the picture. The big plus for this speaker is that they image really well.

Audiodelic this is the new 3BSST and i paid about 1.4 L for it. I also have a 4BST(older one) which i think cost about 1.10L in 1999 which drives an 804 at my old place.

Soundsgreat thats a funky remote!!!!!!!
Regards

Last edited:
Hi,

Dinyaar realy cool set-up,Loved it ! thanks, Its a very Unusual remote thats why I haven't sold this one (sold all other's recently for the upgrades and for the towers(needed the doe:p) )

By the way the Close-up pic's orientation was not right so I took the liberty of enhancing it and correcting it !;)

Sunil no need for any,I feel spoilt amongst all the praises !! As with the my assistance any time buddy professional or otherwise !!;)

Regards.

mysetup005kq5%20copy.jpg

Hahaha soundsgreat u are a finicky guy. Go ahead i have no problem at all.
Actually this morning i have cut 2 thick slabs of marble, drilled holes in them and fixed them onto my speaker stands and then placed the speakers on them and my initial listen suggests a slightly better bass response.Unlike u my DIY efforts are restricted to such stuff as i lack the drive/skill/knowledge to experiment with making a speaker. Anyway cheers and good luck.
Regards

Hi,

Bingo :D ! Yes Sunil it does,was looking for similar looking case from quite some time until I got them recently,Simply loved it and hence changed !! you have mac :eek: I envy you ;) !!

Regards.

Hi Soundsgreat

Which soundcard are you using in your PC and what software to play your music?

Hi,

Am using the sound card built in the M/B its high quality one with 96/24 chip and virtual 192/32 floating type processing, it has all the needed stuff like SPDIF toslink and Co-axial !

I use WM 11 to play songs (but rarely listen :p),I mainly use this set-up for Audio editing and processing with the software's like Sony Vegas,Steinberg Nuendo etc..

Regards.

Nice pics Anil, you must have lot more to show us!

Sreekanth: I've Sony vegas pro, to edit & compress videos, which is nice bit of software

Lovely amps Anil. Would love to hear them and compare to the modern offerings. BTW the new Yamaha(series 2000) i think looks very similar and uses the same switchgear. U should check it out.

Soundsgreat i had the same technics tapedeck a while ago. If i remember correctly its made in Japan and the eject button operates both opening and closing of the cassette loader.

Come on guys more pics please.

Hi,

Ohh is it ! yes its made in japan and all the Technics tape decks have that as standard feature (motorised doors) ! why did change it to Nakamichi ? any particular reason ? I know that it has auto azimuth adjustment and ferrous permalloy heads etc ! its a three head deck right ??

Regards.

Hi,

Yes Anil what you say is right ! but tell you what if you need any help in repairing anything or servicing then Am always here for you buddy !! only problem is availability of spares thats all !! I've repaired all vintage stuff from Yamaha to Sansui and what not (though I've stopped it now),The toughest one was a Sansui AU-500 ! it had mosfet input buffer but Sansui had used the mosfet bridge pack which looked like a IC ( single line like tapedeck pre-amp IC LA 3161) so none of the fellows in SP Road knew even what the component was !! and triple signal diode in one mould (meaning all three were in one which looked like bead ) again same problem occurred,so due to these issues I had call of the repairing business,but for you anytime ;)

Regards.

Thanks Sreekant buddy!!...hope i am right this time :D. I shall mail you the details soon. Thanks a lot buddy!!!

Anil

Hi,

Yes Anil what you say is right ! but tell you what if you need any help in repairing anything or servicing then Am always here for you buddy !! only problem is availability of spares thats all !! I've repaired all vintage stuff from Yamaha to Sansui and what not (though I've stopped it now),The toughest one was a Sansui AU-500 ! it had mosfet input buffer but Sansui had used the mosfet bridge pack which looked like a IC ( single line like tapedeck pre-amp IC LA 3161) so none of the fellows in SP Road knew even what the component was !! and triple signal diode in one mould (meaning all three were in one which looked like bead ) again same problem occurred,so due to these issues I had call of the repairing business,but for you anytime ;)

Regards.

I'm here to dig out any unavailable parts from europe :), feel free to give a shout!

only problem is availability of spares thats all !!

Dinyaar: one of your pic is broken

Anil: You have done some nice effects on your pics (gimp is a great alternative to photoshop, if you are into graphics editing)

Everybody else: Poor performance.. get your stuff out of the lads!

Hi,

Ohh is it ! yes its made in japan and all the Technics tape decks have that as standard feature (motorised doors) ! why did change it to Nakamichi ? any particular reason ? I know that it has auto azimuth adjustment and ferrous permalloy heads etc ! its a three head deck right ??

Regards.

Hi,
No dear soundsgreat i had a technics 3 head machine in the early 80S which did not have the auto open/close feature but sounded far better to this 575 that i had. Then i bought a Denon but was never happy with it. That summer in UK a friend told me of a sindhi dealer at TC road offering a few brand new Naks @ reasonable rates. I bought this DR 10( yes auto AZ , 3 Head) brand new/boxed @ 200GBP and am happy with it till date. Only negative trait i can think of is that recordings on other Non Nak decks sound poor.
Ya Sunil no clue how some of my pics have vanished!
Regards

Thanks Suniil buddy!!! yes the effects have been done on photoshop & Adobe aftereffects for the 3d depth. i work on corporate films, telivision adds, video & audio editing stuff....GIMP as you mentioned here is more popular for LINUX platform, it's same as photoshop. I am shooting my other components on saturday, you can expect more good pictures soon.

Anil

Hi,

Anil Missing an "H":p ! anyway let me know no issues !

Dinyaar I mentioned the technics from the 90's i,e the 272 series onwards had the motorised doors as standard ! mine is 575 MarkII supposed to be a upgraded version of 575 (in what way god knows) but otherwise it sounds decent though I use it only for recording purpose not playback ! I have only played the recorded stuff not the pre-recorded so don't how bad it sounds ! I had a Philips 900 series tapedeck but due to the plastic parts usage, one of the gears lost a teeth and subsequently the other aswell (deck B) so banged my head every where for that but count get em anywhere so sadly I had to put it rest !!

Whats your take on TEAC ? I missed one of their top of the line single decks a few years back and I still regret it to this very day !! it was only one I say (as far as my knowledge) which had dolby "S" noise reduction,which was primarily used in top-end studios ( I don't know how many even know there was a dolby "S").

Sunil Sure buddy will use your assistance if needed !

Regards.

Hi Soundsgreat,
My take on Teac is good tape decks in years gone by and great VFM cd players today but for some reason not selling much at all. The finish of the cdp s i saw recently were poor but i have been told that they sound good.
Never owned a teac though. Tascam would be a different kettle of fish though.
I may be totally wrong here but there is just no value/demand for tape decks in mumbai. I sold the 575 and the denon for as a package deal for 5 K!!
Both were working perfect/with manual/original packing etc. Lots of my dealer friends are always mocking my regard for them and almost all thought i was mad to spend on/ and carry the nakamichi all the way from UK. I see lots of u guys from bglore are still using them though i rarely see anyone in mumbai having one. I sold of both turn tables a while ago and am still regretting it.
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back