Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

This is the very first time in my life, i've seen a washing machine placed near a a/v rig (safe to say, part of the rig itself). At first I thought I was looking at an 18inch horn loaded sub-woofer :)

I think it is the opposite :) HT was placed close to washing machine and wash basin which seemed to have come before the HT :)

hmm, thought to crop only the AV part, but left the washing machine as the right speaker placed close to that, I've ignored and it caused this much funny:mad:. Anyway, I wanted to share this to confirm whether placing the center satellite speaker on top of the AVR is right or not? Or suggest the better alternative to place the same.

@jebs, dont take it seriously, anyway, how far do you sit from the screen, im thinking of getting small speakers so how loud and clear are they? how well can you hear if you are say 12 feet away?

P.S why don't you wall mount it below the TV?

Last edited:
HUd9Yv8.jpg
NZNTFEI.jpg
Hfx2tVU.jpg
5wpjX3n.jpg
1gLS3Jg.jpg
1eMfVW8.jpg
tuY7d4h.jpg
NseBSuR.jpg
bIwCdmY.jpg
YMpztlQ.jpg
6CsS3Bd.jpg
Bdh1Ayk.jpg
YQlfI4m.jpg
n8Dcjgj.jpg
hi, thanks for watching. some new toys added to my system. they are
1)focal chorus 836v
2)philips Vintage bd ah280 preamp
3)sunfire truesub mk2
4)oppo bdp83
KLsnPOf.jpg

now the jbls are moved to bed room.driven by pioneer sa 9800

Last edited:
hi,i am using the same NS1000M in my bedroom, very heavy.i done complete veneer restoration.enjoy those beasts.:)

Nice!! I read lot about this speaker. Recently i got the opportunity and grabbed them without a second thought. Yes! these are quite heavy for their size.

I just started to play them with my safe LUXMAN amp. I am trying to compare with my classic CELESTION DITTON 44. The first impressions are they are bright in mid range and the bass is tighter than celestion but not as deep. The details, imaging and sound stage of these speakers are super. But not sweet as Celestion. I will try with different amps then decide the fate of this wonderful speakers

My mind is saying yamaha but my heart will go for celestion.

Nice SANSUI amp you have!! Ever listened to a full range alnico speakers with tube amp?

regds,
shafic

I have a pair of Akai SW 175 speakers. Six way speaker with alnico magnets and a 15inch woofer. Used to listen to them with an EL 84 push pull until I moved to another setup. Though they sound fine the cabinet seems to need some rework. Wondering if I should do that.
Can somebody advise what else should be done considering they are about 35+ years old.
Regards,

Last edited:
Could not believe such a cheap DAC + a cheap AMP in a mobile setup can sound so good. :eek:hyeah:

Fiio E6 is a little wonder. Bought for Rs.1.9k just to experiment but I am pleasantly surprised to see the improvement in SQ. It is so tiny and light that you can blow air to displace it.

It adds body and depth and enhances the dynamic range of the music. The music becomes fuller when this amp is introduced to the chain. Infact I never thought an iphone can sound so good though not really comparable to Android tab+HiFiMeDIY DAC. I liked the EQ 2 (blue) that enhances the bass (actually compensates the lack of it on headphones- just like adding a sub in hifi system). With HD558 and Nexus tab at the ends, its overall a cheap combo that sounds pretty good even for serious listening.

13953700701_f73717dafd_b.jpg

13953697552_d33090ba06_b.jpg

13956875385_6d64463796_b.jpg

13953698752_bbd6322bcf_b.jpg

13965001874_627368593d_c.jpg

That stand is actually meant for... err.. bangles :eek:

Good Santy,

Did you try using the camera connection kit (adapter) for iPhone and use the DAC+FiiO to see the difference. Unfortunately I have the camera connection adapter but not the HiFiMidy DAC to try out the combo. But planning to try the ODAC and see how it turns out.

Could not believe such a cheap DAC + a cheap AMP in a mobile setup can sound so good. :eek:hyeah:

Fiio E6 is a little wonder. Bought for Rs.1.9k just to experiment but I am pleasantly surprised to see the improvement in SQ. It is so tiny and light that you can blow air to displace it.

I agree with you. I am surprised at what this cheap headphone amp can do, it suddenly feels like the soundstage got lot better and there is improvement across the entire freq range. Really great for affordable headphone amp. Now, I am not using my headphone without this:D.

Did you try using the camera connection kit (adapter) for iPhone and use the DAC+FiiO to see the difference.

Hi manniraj
Do you mean to say that we can bitstream digital audio out of this kit? Does this work on iphone 4? Will this work with stock music player?

Hi manniraj
Do you mean to say that we can bitstream digital audio out of this kit? Does this work on iphone 4? Will this work with stock music player?

Yes look at this blog site, it was earlier available only for the iPad but with the latest iOS 7 update I think natively the iPhone supports the digital out using the camera connection kit. But I read on some forums that the USB powered DACs might have a problem as the iOS does restrict and gives out less power and hence they suggested to use powered USB hub. There are many online reviews on this kit to make it digital out. I tried on my ODAC with the kit but my iPhone gave me an error that not enough power to run the DAC. I have not yet tried with a powered USB hub but I think it should work.

Whathifi has launched an initiative where you may post (tweet) your AV setup on twitter with tags @Whathifi #WHFSystems. Whathifi will then re-tweet (repeat post) the same so that everyone following whathifi will get to see the same across the globe on a weekly basis

My setup got posted last week, 3rd from last in url below.

#WHFsystems pictures week ending April 27th | whathifi.com

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back